ALL NEW 1/5 8S VIGILANTE from REDCAT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And on the top of all that, the Vigilante is not doing bad at all. Out of the box, it's the best basher RC has ever made so far.
I would have to put my vote for the best Redcat basher ever to be the MT8E BE6S, it is a monster. I still have that truck & it is built stout. Excellent stunt truck.

1711541607661.png

I would have to put my vote for the best Redcat basher ever to be the MT8E BE6S, it is a monster. I still have that truck & it is built stout. Excellent stunt truck.

View attachment 357189
Always wanted one of these, just balked at the price, for a Redcat.. the MT8 never really caught on unfortunately. NPCH had some nice sales on them a couple years back too. Now I see most of the MT8 replacement and upgrade parts in the clearance section of their (Redcat) website. Makes me glad I didn't buy it. I have enough discontinued rc's laying around myself. Cool rig for sure though.

Nice fun video and durable trucks considering how he runs them, I am more concerned with the stock electronics, tires, drivetrain and speed out of the box and what happens to when try to get it 63 MPH / 100 KMH where it needs to be for me.

Nice fun video and durable trucks considering how he runs them, I am more concerned with the stock electronics, tires, drivetrain and speed out of the box and what happens to when try to get it 63 MPH / 100 KMH where it needs to be for me.
63 mph for just bashing off road? That's just so extreme. I do around 53 mph and that's enough for me personally. For double backflips with a big truck like the Xmaxx and XRT.

If I got either I'd be driving it at a fraction of the crazy he drives, so something tells me I'd be good with either :ROFLMAO:
I wouldn't even do concrete landings. That just does not so much damage. When I do land on concrete, it's usually a mistake.

Skate park

I bet that without crazy concrete landings and regular grass landings (landing on the all 4 wheels), it would have been just fine. To me, it's durable enough for most of the mundane rc crowd. I'm just a bit above them. Just a bit.

View attachment 357189
Nice, but that's not a MT and it's discontinued. Hopefully RC doesn't do that to the Vigilante. I'm going to bother RC about that. And I don't even have plans to buy one 😅😂

Last edited:
I agree with this sentiment. If I purchased this I definitely wouldn't be sending it to the moon. My wallet would not be happy with me. When sending big 8S rigs it's not a matter of if something will break, but When will something break. For my driving style it seems to be a more than capable truck. Rigs this size are impressive to watch just sending off of small jumps or running wide open in big open spaces. I think the problem with a lot of Youtube "reviews" is that they send it til it breaks, they're trying to do something to make it break. While there are fair number of people like that in this hobby, I don't Think the majority of us send it like these guys do.
I am new here so hello everyone.. first off I wanted to thank alot of you guys. I've gotten alot of answers for things off of this forum. Alot of great info... some not so great also. Lol! Jk. Anyway I have several bashers. A few crawlers etc. I have a very moded xmax and an xrt and a new 8s kraton and a castle built outcast... I kinda lean towards aarma as my preference. But they are all great trucks. A bunch of us have our own ramps n meet up often and bash. We don't race n all that just bash n have fun. But what I'm getting to is I got a vigilante kinda thinking I'd be easier on it and fix it as it broke etc.. I mean a fifth scale that price why not yaknow. Well after numerous bash days lots of big big jumps yea twenty five thirty I've broke almost all my rigs in one way or another. Normal stuff yaknow. But the one that hasn't broke yet is the vigilante!! And seriously I beat the thing... three of my buddy's have ordered one because of how great it does. It's seriously an impressive rig.. it's exceeded my expectations by far! If you guys like bashers especially fifth scale bashers... it's a good buy! I've cracked the body and broke the rear bumper. Other than that. It just takes it and wants more! I've got a new esc and big block for it but it's still goin strong.. been waiting on something to fail to upgrade but it just hasn't yet... lol.. If you can drive ok and land decently it will hold up! Now I take everything apart out of the box and do all the diffs n what not but other than that nothing but maintenance and my other rigs have broke a few times. Anyway thanks just wanted to put my experience out there. Maybe it help someone. Thx again this forum is a good one! Glad I joined finally. Lol

I am new here so hello everyone.. first off I wanted to thank alot of you guys. I've gotten alot of answers for things off of this forum. Alot of great info... some not so great also. Lol! Jk. Anyway I have several bashers. A few crawlers etc. I have a very moded xmax and an xrt and a new 8s kraton and a castle built outcast... I kinda lean towards aarma as my preference. But they are all great trucks. A bunch of us have our own ramps n meet up often and bash. We don't race n all that just bash n have fun. But what I'm getting to is I got a vigilante kinda thinking I'd be easier on it and fix it as it broke etc.. I mean a fifth scale that price why not yaknow. Well after numerous bash days lots of big big jumps yea twenty five thirty I've broke almost all my rigs in one way or another. Normal stuff yaknow. But the one that hasn't broke yet is the vigilante!! And seriously I beat the thing... three of my buddy's have ordered one because of how great it does. It's seriously an impressive rig.. it's exceeded my expectations by far! If you guys like bashers especially fifth scale bashers... it's a good buy! I've cracked the body and broke the rear bumper. Other than that. It just takes it and wants more! I've got a new esc and big block for it but it's still goin strong.. been waiting on something to fail to upgrade but it just hasn't yet... lol.. If you can drive ok and land decently it will hold up! Now I take everything apart out of the box and do all the diffs n what not but other than that nothing but maintenance and my other rigs have broke a few times. Anyway thanks just wanted to put my experience out there. Maybe it help someone. Thx again this forum is a good one! Glad I joined finally. Lol
Welcome aboard, and that's great to hear about the Vigilante! It's nice to hear a real world review from someone that isn't paid. I think the Vigilante will finally gain Redcat the respect it's been looking. Hopefully the aftermarket will support it just like they support the big Arrma & Traxxas rigs.

I just received mine early last week, it's still in its shipping box. The weather is gorgeous here in Dallas...Im running it tomorrow.

Always wanted one of these, just balked at the price, for a Redcat.. the MT8 never really caught on unfortunately. NPCH had some nice sales on them a couple years back too. Now I see most of the MT8 replacement and upgrade parts in the clearance section of their (Redcat) website. Makes me glad I didn't buy it. I have enough discontinued rc's laying around myself. Cool rig for sure though.

You should see the price of the OEM one.

This is MSRP https://teammagic.com.tw/product/e6-bes/

The cost to import one to the US http://www.rc-willpower.com/Cart/index.php?route=product/product&path=145_481&product_id=45219

Also you can still get parts for the MT8E http://www.rc-willpower.com/Cart/index.php?route=product/category&path=487_500_563

That's about what the RC version was selling for too.. which is why I balked at a $700 RC 6s basher. Everything says it's good overall, just wasn't willing to spend that much and then have limited sources for parts to boot.

That's about what the RC version was selling for too.. which is why I balked at a $700 RC 6s basher. Everything says it's good overall, just wasn't willing to spend that much and then have limited sources for parts to boot.

That truck I linked is a bit different from the Redcat, it has aluminum tranny case, aluminum shocks, aluminum diff cups front center and rear, aluminium Ackerman plate and 5mm shock towers. All that stuff is plastic on the MT8E.

Team Magic

1711900621436.png

Redcat

1711900693801.png

Did you check out that second link price? Just a hair under $1,000 for a 6s!

Last edited:
I just received mine early last week, it's still in its shipping box. The weather is gorgeous here in Dallas...Im running it tomorrow.
Awesome! Let us know how it works out for you. I think you should be just fine. Maybe do the 2 million diff oil and bigger pinion, maybe 20T, and take it from there 👍👍

That truck I linked is a bit different from the Redcat, it has aluminum tranny case, aluminum shocks, aluminum diff cups front center and rear, aluminium Ackerman plate and 5mm shock towers. All that stuff is plastic on the MT8E.

Team Magic

View attachment 357942

Redcat

View attachment 357943

Did you check out that second link price? Just a hair under $1,000 for a 6s!
Definitely looks and sounds great! Too bad they don't have availability here.. no way it's worth $1k to me.
I did find a listing for the discontinued RC version at Stormer hobbies that lists aluminum shocks and gearbox housing. Was $599..I know there were a couple different versions of the MT8 too.
https://shop.stormerhobbies.com/product-p/rer08437.htm

I saw the Vigilante in person today. That thing is WIDE AF 😂. Hobby Shop owner was telling me that people didn't know how durable it was and he hadn't seen anyone bashing it, so I sent him some Thunder rc video links. He was like damn. Doubled backflips with like a 30 plus high foot jump into grass, with good landings. No problem 👍

Back