Typhon Aluminum center diff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys what’s up looking for some info on the Typhon 6s v5 aluminum center differential. I’m upgrading from stock plastic center diff to aluminum center diff also going with the hot racing aluminum fine mesh motor mount. Once I installed the new motor mount and installed the aluminum center diff there is too much back and forth movement in the center diff. Also the front center drive shaft and rear center drive shaft aren’t as tight fitting as before. What’s the problem and what do I need to shim? Can anybody please explain what’s going on. Thanks..

I usually do not have to play with the center diff. When I do go aluminum, it is the Arrma version. Is the play you refer to when you drop it in the center mount? If so, use the same shims that come with the rig for the front/rear diff to shim.

As far as the driveshafts, if the pins are not coming out of the cups, I ignore the back/forth movement has never been an issue with a basher rig.

I usually do not have to play with the center diff. When I do go aluminum, it is the Arrma version. Is the play you refer to when you drop it in the center mount? If so, use the same shims that come with the rig for the front/rear diff to shim.

As far as the driveshafts, if the pins are not coming out of the cups, I ignore the back/forth movement has never been an issue with a basher rig.
Yes it’s the arrma aluminum center diff. On the Typhon v5 rtr spektrum firma there are no shims to my surprise on that part. There’s probably like a 3/8 gap I’ll snap a picture and maybe you can understand better

I've seen a few reviews saying that the Hot Racing fine mesh motor mount has fitment issues. They have been messing up their parts a lot lately and sometimes even design them wrong. The issue is most likely with the motor mount and do not expect much help from Hot Racing.

I have their old style motor mount and that thing was terrible you could move the motor up and down with all of the screws tightened down.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back