Aluminum gearboxes (6s)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TBH, you only need the main Bulkhead, the main advantage of an alloy diff. Plastic stocker cover just keeps the Diffs BB's positioned in place. BB's are captured in the alloy main piece anyway where its shimmed. Shimming is more consistent with the Main alloy piece.
I am very into my sway bars so I may run the alloy SB cover, Plastic stockers flex very much , so the sway bar action is lame. I got the HR SB retainers.

The new EXB alloy Bulkhead doesn't appear to use a Larger Outer Input gear BB. As every other Brand does.
Am I wrong, or I missed that?
Anyone?:unsure:
Indeed small bearing

I think EBS was done on purpose? :unsure:
Indeed small bearing
Thanks what I thought I saw in the New EXB K6s Blow up diagram. Kind of disappointed with that myself.(n)
And IMHO, I always felt that was only the main advantage of running Upgrade Alloy bulkheads, that stocker outer undersized input BB plains sucks. I eat them left and right like I do the Inner stock Hub BB's. I buy them in bulk for this reason. A blown out input outer BB will completely brick a whole diff, out of nowhere. A flaw IMO. I've even melted Stock plastic bulkheads from this.

Last edited:
I think if you are looking for the best of the best the Scorched UK usually is the answer.

Their product utilizes a 8x16x5 bearing. At $99 currently its a great price compared to the other options.
https://scorchedparts.co.uk/products/arrma-diff-housing-all-6s-1-8th-and-1-7th-scale-cars

They make another for using the hobao gears that swaps your 5mm Armma input gear shaft to the 8mm Hobao one.
That hobao gear setup does not appear to allow a differential though... only a locker.

ADU was also mentioned in another thread .
Aliexpress stuff.
They seem to be on par with Vitavon stuff. Affordable for most wallets at least. Unlike Vitavon.

TBH, you only need the main Bulkhead, the main advantage of an alloy diff. Plastic stocker cover just keeps the Diffs BB's positioned in place. BB's are captured in the alloy main piece anyway where its shimmed. Shimming is more consistent with the Main alloy piece.
I am very into my sway bars so I may run the alloy SB cover, Plastic stockers flex very much , so the sway bar action is lame. I got the HR SB retainers.

The new EXB alloy Bulkhead doesn't appear to use a Larger Outer Input gear BB. As every other Brand does.
Am I wrong, or I missed that?
Anyone?:unsure:
Correct.

I think EBS was done on purpose? :unsure:

Thanks what I thought I saw in the New EXB K6s Blow up diagram. Kind of disappointed with that myself.(n)
And IMHO, I always felt that was only the main advantage of running Upgrade Alloy bulkheads, that stocker outer undersized input BB plains sucks. I eat them left and right like I do the Inner stock Hub BB's. I buy them in bulk for this reason. A blown out input outer BB will completely brick a whole diff, out of nowhere. A flaw IMO. I've even melted Stock plastic bulkheads from this.
I am very happy to see the new aluminum bulkheads. It would have been nice to also have a larger input bearing, maybe I am easier on my RC's though as I have more trouble with the inner hub bearings.

Now the chassis to bulkhead connections are going to be rock solid and no bulkhead flexing or cracked bulkheads blowing up your expensive differentials. 👍

We have had some members here that went through several diff's not realizing the bulkhead was slightly cracked.

I own lots of these bulkheads, can’t beat them for the price. Out of stock at the moment, I think I bought them all 😂. I’m very disappointed the new EXB model came with plastic differentials and a smaller input bearing on their bulkhead. I instead got the BR7 differentials from JRC, which include the 29mm EXB gears, and I made my own EXB using Treal.
Treal Black Bulkhead
Treal Silver Bulkhead
Treal differentials
IMG_4869.jpeg

Back