Clearing up any misunderstandings about 7075 aluminum chassis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No bro, my chassis tweaked because I nose dived a sidewalk. If it would have been the xrt or Xmaxx I would have broke more than the chassis I'm sure. Traxxas chassis is cheaper for sure but time is also money and replacing cracked and broken plastic chassis all the time is not something that sounds fun or efficient. My stock chassis lasted me a year and would still be Gucci if I wasn't an idiot. You pay more up front for an m2c chassis but you never have to worry about it again. Funny enough I just nose dived my outcast 8s in the same way again yesterday and m2c chassis straight as an arrow while my motor mount snapped 🤣.

You also ignored 90% of my post. No hardcore bashers prefer Traxxas over arrma and there is a reason for that. Show me a youtuber who consistently bash Traxxas stuff hard besides kevin talbot? And even he doesn't really be sending them like duperbash, rcdude and Aldo to name 3 serious bashers who own both brands and prefer to bash harder with arrma because of durability.

I'm not even sure why you posted tbh. It sounds like you already have your mind made up and the opinions of people with actual experience don't matter to you.

I actually forgot to mention thunder rc as well. He was a big Xmaxx fan boy until he got the new outcast rtr. Even he has preferred the outcast now 🤣.

Let's not forget to mention the stock electronics either. Xmaxx esc, motor, and servo are garbage and all 3 fail in comparison to arrma 8s electronics by a large margin.
Because 90% of your post is useless. the point in this thread is the questionable quality 7075 aluminum used by Arrma. It bents too easily just from normal jumps. Go See this. Arrma Kraton 8S V2 EXB :
this guy is not sponsored and own both Arrma and Traxxas.

Additional weight and low grade 7075 alum on Armma makes this problem worse and the fact that you upgraded yours just proves my point.

And here is another one from thunder RC
did Arrma start using better 7075 since this video? I highly doubt it. I reached out to horizon hobby support and they confirmed they use same dang 7075 on v2 as well but they changed some mounting points to fix the issue. Which obviously isn't fixed. I really wanted the kraton 8S because of better stock electronics than traxxas and no proprietary crap like traxxas but overall durability on 8S units are not on par with xmaxx.

FWIW, i saw RC-dude 81 take a nasty landing on a rock and the chassis appeared to be fine with the new 8s kraton EXB. I remember being genuinely impressed with that outcome. I have no stake in the discussion here , but whatever grade of aluminum they use seems to be relatively sufficient for the task.
At 5:55

FWIW, i saw RC-dude 81 take a nasty landing on a rock and the chassis appeared to be fine with the new 8s kraton EXB. I remember being genuinely impressed with that outcome. I have no stake in the discussion here , but whatever grade of aluminum they use seems to be relatively sufficient for the task.
I agree. Duperbash has a second vid up on the O8S v2 now also.. they seem to be holding just fine.🤷‍♂️
Both brands designs have their merits I think. While I thoroughly enjoy my Xmaxx, my brother's O8S roller is making me drool!! Sitting in my garage right now.. We ran them side by side, speed and handling is in Arrma's favor all the way. Now mind you this is comparing a truggy to an MT so, apples to oranges.
BTW, we also ran our X's against each other last Saturday on track..yeah, Xmaxx's on a track!!😂
His is on six packs, upgraded servo, otherwise stock. Mine has Max6, +10mm hubs and DTX 1/5 sc tires. His is just as fast, handling from the heavy six packs and stock width was his downfall.. I was mopping him up in the corners. It was a blast though. The O8S is just on another level..gone!! He be lapping me.

Last edited:
Wow man, that was a nasty smack for sure. Very surprising the chassis was straight after that. Also surprising he didn’t wipe out the front when he smacked that curb. Two component failures after a bash that hard ain’t too bad. Definitely a beast.

I agree. Duperbash has a second vid up on the O8S v2 now also.. they seem to be holding just fine.🤷‍♂️
Both brands designs have their merits I think. While I thoroughly enjoy my Xmaxx, my brother's O8S roller is making me drool!! Sitting in my garage right now.. We ran them side by side, speed and handling is in Arrma's favor all the way. Now mind you this is comparing a truggy to an MT so, apples to oranges.
Agreed, watching these youtubers driving the XRT, O8S/K8S v2, or xmaxx make me wish i could afford ANY of these rigs LOL.

All these 8s trucks have definitely come a long way since the first releases. i'm more of a "later" version kind of adopter anyway. Let all the others find all the bugs and fixes and i'll buy in on round two ;)

Wow man, that was a nasty smack for sure. Very surprising the chassis was straight after that. Also surprising he didn’t wipe out the front when he smacked that curb. Two component failures after a bash that hard ain’t too bad. Definitely a beast.
I agree, how much more can we expect for the money? I think Arrma has absolutely nailed it with the v2's.

Agreed, watching these youtubers driving the XRT, O8S/K8S v2, or xmaxx make me wish i could afford ANY of these rigs LOL.

All these 8s trucks have definitely come a long way since the first releases. i'm more of a "later" version kind of adopter anyway. Let all the others find all the bugs and fixes and i'll buy in on round two ;)
I'd own one of each if I could.. I still would love to test drive an XRT. I think it would fit my use quite nicely. One of the best arguments for TRX 8s rigs is weight. They don't need a huge motor or batteries to be fast or get long run times. Also much gentler on tires..my bro's O8S suffered a cut sidewall first time out. Ouch!! Overall weight does have a massive impact in so many ways with rc's..

Because 90% of your post is useless. the point in this thread is the questionable quality 7075 aluminum used by Arrma. It bents too easily just from normal jumps. Go See this. Arrma Kraton 8S V2 EXB :
this guy is not sponsored and own both Arrma and Traxxas.

Additional weight and low grade 7075 alum on Armma makes this problem worse and the fact that you upgraded yours just proves my point.

And here is another one from thunder RC
did Arrma start using better 7075 since this video? I highly doubt it. I reached out to horizon hobby support and they confirmed they use same dang 7075 on v2 as well but they changed some mounting points to fix the issue. Which obviously isn't fixed. I really wanted the kraton 8S because of better stock electronics than traxxas and no proprietary crap like traxxas but overall durability on 8S units are not on par with xmaxx.
OK you're a confirmed troll now. You link a video of thunder rc where he ultimately was super impressed and liked it more than the Xmaxx but you link it because why? He bends a dog bone falling out of the sky 40 feet on sidewalk sideways 🤣 🤣. Like the Xmaxx or xrt wouldn't have had the same outcome 🤣 I've bent xrt dogbones for less 🤣 🤣 I'm sorry this post is hilarious and I can't stop laughing.

I bent my Traxxas dog bone by sliding into a pile of SNOW. 🤣 Sorry I'm still laughing at you being a troll on the arrma forums. BTW, mid western rc liked his kraton 8s more than his xrt FYI. Funny you linked his video though 🤣 🤣

Wait I can link a video to easily counter your nonsense! I forgot how easy it is 😱

I wonder how my heavy arrma 8s survived that. Or maybe I should link the video of duperbash? Iirc snapping his xrt in half or busting shock shafts or busting center driveshaft? Or how about the video where I cracked the bottom of my xrt on the first bash after landing on the sidewalk one time.

Using your fanboy logic you could buy an arrma 8s and upgrade the chassis and still have a cheaper better rig compared to an Xmaxx that has poopy stock electronics and monkey metal gears that need to be replaced. I find it interesting that fanboys like you are quick to try and judge arrma metal but you never mention Traxxas monkey metal. I wonder why I've had to put more money into my xrt than my kraton. I must be making it up though as there is no way I could own all 4 rigs and still think Traxxas 8s is not the holy grail you think it is. Wait! I actually have 3 xrt in my house! And only 1 kraton 8s and im still not agreeing with you. I wonder which one of us has more experience with bashing both brands. 😱

I'm still trying to figure out why you're even on these forums tbh 🤣

Hope you enjoy your Xmaxx 😊

Last edited:
BTW, didn't Rocky claim the O8S v2 the best rc of 2023?🤔😉🍻
Yep! That's how you know dude with under 10 posts is a total troll.

Me just over here waiting on the reply..

willy-wonka-excited.gif

Me just over here waiting on the reply..

View attachment 322300
LOL man I'm not even going to bother to reply to whatever he says next. Waste of time, he obviously came here just to bash arrma. Evident by the fact that he doesn't want to listen to anything contrary to what he already believes. Really makes you wonder what the point of him posting in here was in the first place, really should have just went and got his xmaxx and secured his needed money for upgraded electronics and aftermarket parts to even fit those electronics.

Love the post. As a fellow engineer I enjoy technical content. Keep in mind that everyone loves my posts even though they might be an overshare. Also the degree of hackery in the RC community is a bit much some days. :unsure:

But, even though I don't approve of a method, this is a hobby and we all need to keep perspective that everyone does things their own way. Sometimes I learn things from people doing it the "wrong" way.

On proper heat treatment of aluminum, I have an Ebay center brace with an ESC tray. It got bent and I was looking for a way to work it and harden it a while ago. After finding a similar info on the process you posted and not knowing what grade of aluminum like material it is, I decided to just tweak it back with the understanding that it's never going to be as strong.... Assuming that it was correctly handled to begin with.

I think the reason people bend them back is two fold. The first reason, like my center brace, it's quick, easy and good enough. The second reason is the cost of replacement is relatively cheap and it's much easier to spend $11 at Jennys RC. Of course this one is extremely inexpensive and other are $50-60. But still time is money.
1694707686971.png

No offense, seriously love the content but it's not worth my time to do days of heat treatments.

OK you're a confirmed troll now. You link a video of thunder rc where he ultimately was super impressed and liked it more than the Xmaxx but you link it because why? He bends a dog bone falling out of the sky 40 feet on sidewalk sideways 🤣 🤣. Like the Xmaxx or xrt wouldn't have had the same outcome 🤣 I've bent xrt dogbones for less 🤣 🤣 I'm sorry this post is hilarious and I can't stop laughing.

I bent my Traxxas dog bone by sliding into a pile of SNOW. 🤣 Sorry I'm still laughing at you being a troll on the arrma forums. BTW, mid western rc liked his kraton 8s more than his xrt FYI. Funny you linked his video though 🤣 🤣

Wait I can link a video to easily counter your nonsense! I forgot how easy it is 😱

I wonder how my heavy arrma 8s survived that. Or maybe I should link the video of duperbash? Iirc snapping his xrt in half or busting shock shafts or busting center driveshaft? Or how about the video where I cracked the bottom of my xrt on the first bash after landing on the sidewalk one time.

Using your fanboy logic you could buy an arrma 8s and upgrade the chassis and still have a cheaper better rig compared to an Xmaxx that has poopy stock electronics and monkey metal gears that need to be replaced. I find it interesting that fanboys like you are quick to try and judge arrma metal but you never mention Traxxas monkey metal. I wonder why I've had to put more money into my xrt than my kraton. I must be making it up though as there is no way I could own all 4 rigs and still think Traxxas 8s is not the holy grail you think it is. Wait! I actually have 3 xrt in my house! And only 1 kraton 8s and im still not agreeing with you. I wonder which one of us has more experience with bashing both brands. 😱

I'm still trying to figure out why you're even on these forums tbh 🤣

Hope you enjoy your Xmaxx 😊
Thanks for the unwanted diarrhea. Too much Emoji won’t make you credible btw. Does the exact opposite. Will say it again. You changed your chassis to M2c instead of Arrma 7075 because you know stock chassis is garbage. Otherwise you would have been using stock chassis. Now go think for a minute why. It’s called logic and reasoning. That’s how adult think. Try it sometime.

I would go buy one today if Arrma start using M2c grade chassis on their 1/5

Thanks for the unwanted diarrhea. Too much Emoji won’t make you credible btw. Does the exact opposite. Will say it again. You changed your chassis to M2c instead of Arrma 7075 because you know stock chassis is garbage. Otherwise you would have been using stock chassis. Now go think for a minute why. It’s called logic and reasoning. That’s how adult think. Try it sometime.

I would go buy one today if Arrma start using M2c grade chassis on their 1/5

Wow!! Game over for that chassis!! I bet money an M2C or JBIRC chassis would have taco'd at least on that hit. No rc survives a hit like that. I still have no complaints about Arrma's 7075.🤷‍♂️

Wow!! Game over for that chassis!! I bet money an M2C or JBIRC chassis would have taco'd at least on that hit. No rc survives a hit like that. I still have no complaints about Arrma's 7075.🤷‍♂️
My Granite would have walked away without a scratch :ROFLMAO:.

MVP

crash GIF

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back