Typhon Aluminum steering assembly - Why doesn't anyone seem to use?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fritte_Swe

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hi,
I have watched tons of upgrade and mod videos on youtube and so on regarding upgrades and reinforcements. But why is noone seem to be using a complete aluminum steering assembly with real bearings instead of the plastic assembly and a brushing?

Is there a problem with aluminum steering kit that I don't know of? Am I missing something like creating another weakpoint? It still got the same servosaver feature and spring... I use it and it feels really stiff and responsive plus added real bearing instead of the metallic brushings that are stock.
https://www.gpmparts.com/arrma-krat...-assembly-12pc-set-gpm-mak048-p-90085006.html

Probably because it's not really needed. That said, I shattered my servo saver arm last weekend on my outcast. I replaced it with stock. I think I had the nut too tight or something. I'd rather replace a $12 part than replace a $100 servo.

I do have a hot racing alloy steering setup on my stampede 4x4. After installing it, the aluminum V parts don't slide as easily to absorb impact as the plastic parts did. I got the parts to get rid of slop in the stock setup. So, I set the adjustment to be softer than I'd like so it would do it's job better. I had put some wax lube on the V parts and that helped some.

I use hr steering assembly with sealed bearings on all my builds.

Here is my senton build with deanodized hr assembly:
DBEC18F9-D2AE-4BE6-9C49-FA043BFD93B8.jpeg

Standard black anodized hr assembly on my Kraton:
CC3DD859-4A2A-481C-AA7E-5E82CE3A4FB8.png

Last edited:
Probably because it's not really needed. That said, I shattered my servo saver arm last weekend on my outcast. I replaced it with stock. I think I had the nut too tight or something. I'd rather replace a $12 part than replace a $100 servo.

I do have a hot racing alloy steering setup on my stampede 4x4. After installing it, the aluminum V parts don't slide as easily to absorb impact as the plastic parts did. I got the parts to get rid of slop in the stock setup. So, I set the adjustment to be softer than I'd like so it would do it's job better. I had put some wax lube on the V parts and that helped some.

The aluminum servosaver actually felt smoother to me when I held the two. Anyway, what you wrote about wax as lube in the V is a really good idea for the servo no matter what material used I think, good one! Wet lube will just attract dirt and grind materials down so I try to never use lube in general...

I have to wait to spring before I can torture the car and break stuff. Now in the winter here in sweden when its cold the plastic parts break like glass so staying away from jumps and bad landings(atleast trying)...

The aluminum servosaver actually felt smoother to me when I held the two. Anyway, what you wrote about wax as lube in the V is a really good idea for the servo no matter what material used I think, good one! Wet lube will just attract dirt and grind materials down so I try to never use lube in general...

I have to wait to spring before I can torture the car and break stuff. Now in the winter here in sweden when its cold the plastic parts break like glass so staying away from jumps and bad landings(atleast trying)...
Good to know. Could just be the parts were so small for the stampede, they didn't have the surface area the 1/8th parts do. If I snap another arm, I may go that route on my outcast instead of stock again.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back