Kraton AMain Hobbies - postage to UK

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iep

Reaction score
So I ordered a set of the popular E0206 diff shims for my Kraton from A Main. $6.99 postage to UK, possible import tax to pay. All good.

For some reason they shipped them via The Netherlands using NL post as the 'last mile' courier. After weeks of waiting, the NL Post tracking site said the parcel had arrived in the country of destination. A week later another update on the tracking site says 'awaiting payment by recipient'. I guess that's my customs/import tax to pay but there's no instructions on how to pay it or which courier the parcel is now with within the UK.

I fear I may never see these fabled shims.

Has anyone else ordered from A Main and had shipping to UK? Does any of this seem familiar?

Ta.

By typing the tracking number for Post NL into various UK courier websites I found that UK Royal mail has them. They've been sat in a depot near my house for days. Not sure how I was meant to know this.

Paid my charges and now, apparently, they will take a further 3 days to reach me (from less than 1 mile away).

Seriously, you don't get this grief when you order stuff from China...

Lately everybody seems to be using a chain of at least 3 different postal services... I got a couple of things arriving from Aliexpress, they're scattered all over the world and I have to check 3 different tracking services to keep an eye on them ?

Too bad amain doesn't have 2$ shipping anymore, it really helped keep a lot of stuff below the VAT threshold (here in Croatia at least). I used to order multiple packages, e.g. 2 tire pairs shipped separately to stay below 20ish EUR per pkg, to slide under the customs radar :D

Lately everybody seems to be using a chain of at least 3 different postal services... I got a couple of things arriving from Aliexpress, they're scattered all over the world and I have to check 3 different tracking services to keep an eye on them ?

Too bad amain doesn't have 2$ shipping anymore, it really helped keep a lot of stuff below the VAT threshold (here in Croatia at least). I used to order multiple packages, e.g. 2 tire pairs shipped separately to stay below 20ish EUR per pkg, to slide under the customs radar :D
Heck I ordered a set of arms for the EXB from Amain and they aren’t even crossing a border and it’s taking over 10 days to get here from their CA warehouse. I should have paid a few bucks more for UPS/FedEx over postal.

Heck I ordered a set of arms for the EXB from Amain and they aren’t even crossing a border and it’s taking over 10 days to get here from their CA warehouse. I should have paid a few bucks more for UPS/FedEx over postal.
When I order from HH it’s usually pretty quick up here in WA. But when I order from HH on eBay it gets here faster ??

Yep, had the same problem. Mine came via Switzerland though. Finally tracked it down and it's being delivered Saturday ?

Yep, had the same problem. Mine came via Switzerland though. Finally tracked it down and it's being delivered Saturday ?
Glad it's not just me :) Turns out my parcel has been sat in the depot since last Friday. I'm sure they are meant to have told me this.

Glad it's not just me :) Turns out my parcel has been sat in the depot since last Friday. I'm sure they are meant to have told me this.
I had to go through the same process to track it down and its been here since last Friday ?

I gotta say this is the first package I'm getting via Ukraine ?

Screenshot_20200916_211556.jpg

But my favorite was a bag of body clips shipped from Vanuatu. Had to Google that one.

That sucks because in the states postal is way faster than ups or fedex. Plus UPS and FedEx do NOT honor their 1-3 day shipping during pandemic! Plus there is a hidden surcharges due again to pandemic

I use Amain but I always use UPS, 3-4 days door to door..!!
California to England quicker than I can get stuff from my LHS..?

That sucks because in the states postal is way faster than ups or fedex. Plus UPS and FedEx do NOT honor their 1-3 day shipping during pandemic! Plus there is a hidden surcharges due again to pandemic
I’m in Ohio. Pretty sure that’s the states. ? Postal is the slooooooooooowwwwest service here. UPS is clockwork and FedEx rarely is one day late.

Well I guess it's based on area. In general the post office is able to handle more packages to residents. Ups and FedEx use the post office to deliver their poop when times get tough.
UPS and FedEx stopped taking their stuff to the PO in my area and have now started just delivering them directly. They said the SmartPost packages were getting delayed by a week. USPS used to be great until the new postmaster general stepped in and started treating it like a business instead of the public service that the US Constitution demanded. They took away mailboxes, sorting machines, and overtime. During the pandemic no less. All as a political stunt to ruin the public trust in the mail.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back