Amazing what a little paint will do!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hector_Fisher

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton EXB
New, freshly painted body and some new shoes, and it's a completely different truck!
20240525_100908.jpg
20240525_101417.jpg
20240525_101457.jpg

I've always rocked the larger 6s backflips on this tekno, but putting on the smaller 4s copperheads makes it feel much more balanced and natural. Loving the change! And they stand up nicely so far to 6s 😎

💪👍Now it's ready to rock again. Awesome depth to that blue. Is that Tamiya dark blue metallic?
Bit of a "happy little accident". Started with tamiya metallic blue, just a light coating, then decided to overcoat with two coats of black and then finished with white. Ended up deciding i might mix colors again!

Bit of a "happy little accident". Started with tamiya metallic blue, just a light coating, then decided to overcoat with two coats of black and then finished with white. Ended up deciding i might mix colors again!
Huh. I'm surprised you got as much color out of that. Turned out alright! For an E-Maxx, I used their translucent blue, then the dark metallic. Then backed with white. My first paint job. Put it on WAY too thick, (didn't know that seeing through it in the light is acceptable before backer) and didn't scuff up the lexan underneath. The only thing holding it on, is the Gorilla tape job.

Nice looking rc body always makes it a better rc.
Nice paint job!!
A car headlight repair kit would of cleaned up the old body nice!! A little sanding and polishing, now scratchless and shinny again. Some new color appropriate duck tape and BAM looking new!!🙄

Nice looking rc body always makes it a better rc.
Nice paint job!!
A car headlight repair kit would of cleaned up the old body nice!! A little sanding and polishing, now scratchless and shinny again. Some new color appropriate duck tape and BAM looking new!!🙄
It had been gorilla taped several time. Only so much you can do when you're taping tape together :LOL: it was time to move on!

New, freshly painted body and some new shoes, and it's a completely different truck!
View attachment 368664View attachment 368665View attachment 368666
I've always rocked the larger 6s backflips on this tekno, but putting on the smaller 4s copperheads makes it feel much more balanced and natural. Loving the change! And they stand up nicely so far to 6s 😎
Love the multi tone thing, almost an ocean look going on. I love blue, especially dark blue, like royal metallic. Good work.

Back