Limitless Another blowout!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Badmofreaker

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
Trying to reach my limit of 140 mph that I set out to do 9 months ago when I started doing the speed runs and I blew another tire with only the 3rd run on it. How many of you guys blow the tires that quickly, I know they are hoons but its what handles best on the road I'm running on.

Trying to reach my limit of 140 mph that I set out to do 9 months ago when I started doing the speed runs and I blew another tire with only the 3rd run on it. How many of you guys blow the tires that quickly, I know they are hoons but its what handles best on the road I'm running on.

Then I would find a road more suitable and run GRP's.

Hoons aren't really good for anything above 130 without big risk of blowout. Gotnitro's suggestion is probably the best thing you can do. If the road isn't the best, just go for a harder compound. I use s7's because of the heat and road conditions here

I’ve never tried to run Hoons above 100mph because I’ve heard way too many horror stories. I haven’t had good luck with S7s either. The sets I’ve received were badly out of balance and not near true. I ended up buying some more S3 and S1 sets and just haven’t had a good day to run since. It’s been really windy for about a month. Also waiting on one of my two motor RMAs to come back.

I’ve never tried to run Hoons above 100mph because I’ve heard way too many horror stories. I haven’t had good luck with S7s either. The sets I’ve received were badly out of balance and not near true. I ended up buying some more S3 and S1 sets and just haven’t had a good day to run since. It’s been really windy for about a month. Also waiting on one of my two motor RMAs to come back.
My two sets of s7's have been fine so far. I would like to go real soft like that, but the road I run on would destroy them insanely fast

My two sets of s7's have been fine so far. I would like to go real soft like that, but the road I run on would destroy them insanely fast
I would rather melt off a set every run than end up in a ditch, which is what I’ve been fighting. ??‍♂️??

Then I would find a road more suitable and run GRP's.
The road is great, just don't get good traction with purple bsr, the road is very smooth, but will have to switch back,blew another and broke the rim in 3 spots at 134 an hour ago
I would rather melt off a set every run than end up in a ditch, which is what I’ve been fighting. ??‍♂️??
Been there before

I decided to go with a new set of #GRP GTX02-S7 1:8 GT T02 SLICK S7 Tires for v2 Infraction ? ?
I am not trying to break any world records so these tires will be perfect for what I will be using them for which is Oval track racing.
1601378001510.png

Last edited:
Are these issues with the hoons also occurring on the 5 spoke silver hoons?
I had seen people reporting those were much more reliable.
Yes,I just switched to those and blew 2 tires in 2 days,the second one blew and broke 3 of the 5 spokes. I have yet to make a full run since I switched to 8s a few weeks ago because of tires so I am running bsr foam now but it is raining so can't run until later

I have never tried the slicks, let us know how it performs after a few uses.
I will never buy a different tire for this surface, wow!!!! These GRP S7's SLICKS are way better than those Dboots Hoons in my opinion
Check out @jkflow & I doing some Oval track racing ? ? even know he was cheating and running a 19t pinion COMPARED TO the stock pinion. lol

Guilty as charged but man that was fun even besides the actual driving ?

Video with some outtakes and carnage.

With this style of driving:
S7 lasted 9+ 1 pack, belt started showing after p packs and did one more before they ended up in the garbage
S5 - 7 packs, belts showing but I'll go for 1 to 2 more packs.

S7 - ambient asphalt was ~ 115F
S5 - last weekend was ~ 85F ambient. had 4 packs on 115F prior to that

No speed runs, 75mph max on mine.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back