Another Layer of Lipo Safety

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KevinC

Flyboy, Cat Hoarder, Tiger Tamer, Party Crasher.
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Limitless
  3. Kraton 8S
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Kraton EXB
  6. Mojave EXB
  7. Talion
  8. Talion EXB
Hey Arrma nation.
I was watching Bars and Tone on the tubes the other day (you know him right?). Good channel, nice guy.

He was discussing lipo stuff and I was reminded he had a fire some time ago in his garage….. I had forgotten. I like to think I take pretty good care of my lipos. I store them in lipo bags then stuff them in ammo cans. Due to my job, I’m away 16 days a month for 3-4 day stints……the lipos are always on my mind.

I wanted to add another layer of safety to set my mind at ease so I bought this metal box at Princess Auto (do you guys have Princess Auto in the US?)…..silly name, I know. What kind of princess buys auto parts?

Here’s what I got ….$200 CDN.

IMG_0200.jpeg

IMG_0201.jpeg

Last edited:
Hey Arrma nation.
I was watching Bars and Tone on the tubes the other day (you know him right?). Good channel, nice guy.

He was discussing lipo stuff and I was reminded he had a fire some time ago in his garage….. I had forgotten. I like to think I take pretty good care of my lipos. I store them in lipo bags then stuff them in ammo cans. Due to my job, I’m away 16 days a month for 3-4 day stints……the lipos are always on my mind.

I wanted to add another layer of safety to set my mind at ease so I bought this metal box at Princess Auto (do you guys have Princess Auto in the US?)…..silly name, I know. What kind of princess buys auto parts?

View attachment 314285
View attachment 314286
Nice use of gang box!!!

Most lipo fires happen during charging or running your rig……not at storage charge sitting at home. Nonetheless……I never really felt great about them sitting in the ammo cans while I was away. This box gives me a warm fuzzy feeling. If schit happens I may have smoke damage but I feel confident about no fire damage.

Hey Arrma nation.

View attachment 314285
View attachment 314286
Phew, finally a post not about SAXX balls restrainers...

Hey Arrma nation.

View attachment 314285
View attachment 314286
Worry no more, I'd call that good chief!! 💣

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back