What is your RC LiPo of choice in 2024

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got the zee & ovonic packs. I need a new set of 3s packs for my Infraction 6s. I'm really looking to get the spammers set. G-Tec Basher series 6800 120c matched hardcase packs.

I don't know if it's just me but the HV 8000mah 4s Zeee pack I used in my most recent speed runs definitely left more to be desired.

I found it searching for CNHL HV packs after reading some heroic stories. Not sure if I'm sold.

Last edited:
I have a lot of PowerHobby packs.
They are reasonably priced, very reliable, and my LHS always has them on the shelf.

I did just pick up some GENS@CE packs and they are pretty awesome when paired with the G-Tech smart charger.

They might be my new faves by the end of the year.

I have to admit the whole Gtech thing was not something I thought was needed, but it is actually pretty darn convenient. Especially with a charger like the D300 which can't save battery profiles.

I have centro 100c 7600mha, I don’t know much about them or have nothing to compare them too but I think there really good. Some times they last too long.

Are they any good?

What's everyone's thoughts on Socokin? Their price point really peaked my interest. I'm new to lipo so go easy on me 😆

I have a couple sets of the 6500mah 4S batteries, they've been holding up well and are cheap as heck.

What's everyone's thoughts on Socokin? Their price point really peaked my interest. I'm new to lipo so go easy on me 😆
I wouldn't put them in demanding applications, but I have three I use in an over volted setup (running 6s instead of 4s) so the demand on the battery is pretty low. They've survived some decent crashes.

If you're just starting out, almost any old lipo will do fine. Pick an option that fits your budget and get your feet wet. That will give you something to "upgrade to" down the line. Just my 2 cents.

Love mine very much! Exactly what I wanted!
image.jpg

My only 2 requirements with lipos are they are powerful enough to give me wheelies and light enough not to snap chassis in half when I send it.

SMC the best I have but I also have cnhl and some liperior packs I use. For 6s bashing I'm still using the same Yowoo and Socokin packs I bought when I started the hobby a few years ago.

SMC the best I have but I also have cnhl and some liperior packs I use. For 6s bashing I'm still using the same Yowoo and Socokin packs I bought when I started the hobby a few years ago.
Do you notice a marginal difference between the SMC and CNHL? When I went from spektrum/zee to cnhl there was a huge difference you can feel and see. Running cnhl racing 6600 120c.

That being said I had one dead cell from cnhl but ordered from Amazon, so they sent a replacement hassle free.

Back