Notorious Another shim thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taspl

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
Gots my new notorious front/ rear diffs here, with shim kits mugen0206 and tekno1222

Whats the best setup for shims inside the diff to start with? Seem a few different options..

Remove all stock arrma shims and use the mugens on cross shafts/ sun gears

or leave stock shims, and add 2 mugens to satalite gears, and 1/2 to sun gears?

Whats are yall having luck with?

One each of the 5 x 18 under the big sun gear. You shouldn't need the 5 x 7 anymore cause I think Arrma started putting their own on the outdrives. As far as the smaller ones go, 3.5 x 12, That's a matter of preference. Some say one behind each of the small satellite gears (4), some say one per shaft (2). You need to dry fit the whole assembly and check for binding. Seems like a pain, but if you over shim it, you'll end up putting unnecessary strain on the gears. Too few, and you end up with slop.

669b5f8b0d1b0489f0556828712350f56a141c667a84872c83f5d0da0bb43975.jpg

Before you shim your diff, I would shim the input and crown gear first:

1 to 2 [8x12x0.2] shims (I use Kyosho's) behind the input gear (you'll probably have to heat up the input cup to break the set screw loctite)

And 2 to 3 [13x16x0.1] of your Tekno shims on the outside of the bearing of the crown gear side of the diff (I think V4+ already has one there from factory). If 3 is too tight, try taking 1 off and put it on the other side of the diff instead to bin off any lateral slop

Attachments

• IMG_20200401_120615.jpg
    IMG_20200401_120615.jpg
    373.3 KB · Views: 50
What size shims fit best for the input gear? /crown gear
Those are the only shims i appear to be missing.

What size shims fit best for the input gear? /crown gear
Those are the only shims i appear to be missing.
They're the ones I mentioned bro, Kyosho 96773 shims for the input gear, your Tekno TKR1222 shims for the crown

You just need to buy the Kyosho ones

Shhhiitttt, completely missed that part. My bad lol

Ordering now!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back