Any 17mm hex, 12-13cm, belted street tires out there?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RC-Dude

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Looking for 17mm hex, 12 -13cm, belted street tires. Basically looking for the Mojave going a bit faster.

Seems to me nothing like that is on the market. One option are the GP 1/5 with scorched adapters but your pins could go flying at some time with them. They are also pretty wide and a bit too close to the body for the shocks to work properly.

Banditos or Louise / Duratrax Rockets are an option but they are waaay to grippy in summer. Car flips over too easily.

MX28hp are an option but they are not really street tires.

Are there any options out there?

Idk how the pins would fly. Once the wheel are on the hub assembly it’s locked in. Along with the fact that the actual pin is held in the hub with a grub screw. I used just bash it adapters when I was using 5th scale wheels on my kraton.
But there’s not going to be enough options sadly

If you were only speed running gone bananas makes foams at specific and special requests.

Method RC wheels for Mojave are belted and all terrain tires that I prefer for on-road bias. They’re around *140mm diameter and similar width to fit properly under OE body.

Had them up and over 70mph before she’ll start to sail with off-road spring articulation.

Last edited:
I have some Sweep Racing Road Crusher On Road Belted Black Monster Truck Rubber Tires (2) SWSRC1001B that I bought for my E-Revo that I test fit on a FT yesterday. I haven't drove them on the FT yet but they did pretty well on my E-Revo with the included speed pinion. They are very firm and don't expand, yet they still have decent traction. They are pretty heavy but lighter than the stock FT wheels. They are way too wide to fit under a Mojave shell though, unfortunately, I assume at 80mm. :(

PXL_20230129_015911555.jpg
PXL_20230129_013232675.jpg
PXL_20230129_013343782.jpg
PXL_20230129_153004595.jpg

Method RC sc tires probably your best bet and they're awesome on road. I also use 1/5th grps on my Mojave with the justbashit adapters and I like them on the Mojave lot.

1/5 grp

methodRC

The 1/5 GRP is probably your best bet if your just going to run on the street or parking lot. There relatively lightweight at about 225g and they grip well if you get the softer compounds. I prefer the Rain tread myself but they make a Slick (ulrasoft; very grippy) and a Soft too. They would look good on a Mojave (I had them on a Senton 6S). The Sweeps are nice but too damn heavy in my opinion. @MFM has some pics with the Sweeps on a Mojave...they fit but you might have to trim the body some. Jetko makes a nice wheel too. Check out the Jetko Supersonic 1/8 (http://jetkopower.com/product/ex-tires/1-8-sgt-3.8/super-sonic). A little pricey but its a good tire and lighter than the Sweeps.

Talion with the Jetko Supersonics:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_19e.jpg

Same car with 1/5 GRP:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1c0.jpg

Senton with 1/5 GRP:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1ee.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1ef.jpg

Idk how the pins would fly. Once the wheel are on the hub assembly it’s locked in. Along with the fact that the actual pin is held in the hub with a grub screw. I used just bash it adapters when I was using 5th scale wheels on my kraton.
But there’s not going to be enough options sadly

If you were only speed running gone bananas makes foams at specific and special requests.
Was not sure about the assembly beeing locked in. Thanks for the info.

Trying to go low with this one. Have Louise / Duratrax Uphill on them. Same diameter as the GRP 1/5. Just realized that. But not driven yet, needs some finishing touches.

20230129_165030.jpg

Method RC sc tires probably your best bet and they're awesome on road. I also use 1/5th grps on my Mojave with the justbashit adapters and I like them on the Mojave lot.

Have not found a place over here that has method RC tires. Guess I need to look again.

Last edited:
Just went out with the rig for the first time. Pavement was wet. Loved the handling.

Worth a try for Mojave pavement driving to just add buggy tires, set the shocks lower, limit the shock travel with nylon rings, up the pinion teeth and it's like a totally different car.

I have some Sweep Racing Road Crusher On Road Belted Black Monster Truck Rubber Tires (2) SWSRC1001B that I bought for my E-Revo that I test fit on a FT yesterday. I haven't drove them on the FT yet but they did pretty well on my E-Revo with the included speed pinion. They are very firm and don't expand, yet they still have decent traction. They are pretty heavy but lighter than the stock FT wheels. They are way too wide to fit under a Mojave shell though, unfortunately, I assume at 80mm. :(

View attachment 273908View attachment 273909View attachment 273910View attachment 273911

I had not seen the fire team with the sweeps on it yet. That looks pretty cool (y)

I had not seen the fire team with the sweeps on it yet. That looks pretty cool (y)
Yeah, but they are so dang heavy. I got them for my E-Revo and after a few runs street bashing like a 12-year-old, I had blown out a front diff. I think it was from the weight on the front and me doing all sorts of donuts, wheelies, and hard braking with so much weight and grip.

I was thinking about trying some 1/5 GRP but after some research here on the forums, it seems like going with smaller/lighter tires will give better performance and less strain on the drive-train. I threw my 53/107 Silvers on it for now which weigh 170ish grams (instead of the 300+ the Sweeps weigh) but I haven't tested it yet. I have a few sets of White 42/100 Hoons coming in this week that will end up on it for a test also.

I took out some droop in these pics.

PXL_20230130_164927111.jpg

PXL_20230130_164904748.jpg

I ordered a Kraton body (Mojave side guards just arrived) for it to shed some weight. That FireTeam Body weighs 1lb 15-5/8oz and I hate the look of it. It does do a great job of keeping the inside clean, and protecting you if you tumble, but I do mostly street bashing so I don't want the weight. I tested with a Typhon body the other day and it would save me 1lb 12oz over the FT cage and I doubt the the Kraton body weighs much more.

PXL_20230130_164709381.jpg

Yeah, but they are so dang heavy. I got them for my E-Revo and after a few runs street bashing like a 12-year-old, I had blown out a front diff. I think it was from the weight on the front and me doing all sorts of donuts, wheelies, and hard braking with so much weight and grip.

I was thinking about trying some 1/5 GRP but after some research here on the forums, it seems like going with smaller/lighter tires will give better performance and less strain on the drive-train. I threw my 53/107 Silvers on it for now which weigh 170ish grams (instead of the 300+ the Sweeps weigh) but I haven't tested it yet. I have a few sets of White 42/100 Hoons coming in this week that will end up on it for a test also.

I took out some droop in these pics.

View attachment 274415
View attachment 274416

I ordered a Kraton body (Mojave side guards just arrived) for it to shed some weight. That FireTeam Body weighs 1lb 15-5/8oz and I hate the look of it. It does do a great job of keeping the inside clean, and protecting you if you tumble, but I do mostly street bashing so I don't want the weight. I tested with a Typhon body the other day and it would save me 1lb 12oz over the FT cage and I doubt the the Kraton body weighs much more.

View attachment 274418

I would love to see that car with some 1/5 tires on it.
Just bash it makes some 24mm hex adapters should you want to try.

1675191593078.png

20220504_123800.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back