Kraton Any Chop Shops in Europe?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And this is why we (the UK) get screwed over all the time with delays etc on all Horizon Hobbies products, we have a middle man..?

I've been buying stuff myself through HH Germany too because stuff is mostly always in stock and shipping isn't that much slower than ordering locally..

I don't think there is any middleman no more (never has been, everyone was served by the hhfastserve.co.uk website for orders which was direct retailer/HH), if I recall correctly people directly order from HH in Germany as they used to while they were still in the UK but after they acquired Staufenbiel, they relocated everything to Germany - I think there may still be a small tech support unit somewhere ...

I would be more worried taking all kits apart to be honest and the hassle getting the parts out of the door again ... rc spares and the mount in stock killed guys like fastlad for a reason and as I said it almost seems that certain spares at JennysRC are always in stock ...

I have never seen any - where did you see those discounts? US all the time but never seen actual .co.uk ones ...
Got sent one for the arrma group i run last Christmas by someone at Horizon. Also got a different code from a guy who work's for them in Europe. I used them both together to get a good discount on the typhon i got from there last year. I'm not 100 percent sure but i think there's a small discount available for members so to speak. Basically sign up to emails and so on.

I used tower hobbies' German site, decent shipping rates to Croatia. Basically the same thing as HH's German site I think.

But yeah, a Jenny's equivalent would be nice. Most of the guys that break Arrmas are in the UK and everything's usually priced a bit higher over there, compared to the continent, and much higher compared to the States, so their input cost is higher.

In the end, Jenny's + 25% state theft + customs charges still comes out cheaper for me.

After reading all these posts, I feel blessed to have a local hobby shop to get my stuff from. I pay the same price as I would ordering directly, minus shipping. Usually within three days.

I think the big issue would be the European trade laws. I.e. warranty, etc.

I don't see how it could be less expensive to order from Jenny's. I would pay 35$ for shipping alone. At least that is what I saw when I almost ordered a set of Backflip LP's.

I don't see how it could be less expensive to order from Jenny's. I would pay 35$ for shipping alone. At least that is what I saw when I almost ordered a set of Backflip LP's.
ok let me explain:
my last order from Jennys was $196.40 (incl. 25.75 shipping in the US, I shipped it to our local office in the US and collected it)/or £151.03.

The price for all the included items here and I just have them in my cart at a local store
1581979955400.png

so add $/£35 shipping to it - let me get hit by 20% taxes, its still way cheaper than to buy it here ... makes sense?

simple example, sum up all the parts in this pack in your local store https://jennysrc.com/collections/ar...uards-towers-mounts-bulkhead-bumpers-ar102666 - they luckily provide all part# cost: $20.29 ~ £15.61

AR320401 - F/R Lower Skidplates
AR310783 - Composite Differential Yokes (2)
AR320410 - Bumper Springs

1581980239244.png

means these come free:
AR320402 - Bumpers
AR320400 - Radio Box Set
AR320414 - Side Guard Set
AR320399 - F/R Composite Upper Gearbox Covers & Towers
AR320404 - Body Mounts
AR330444 - FF Suspension Mount
AR330445 - RR Suspension Mount
AR330468 - Hinge Pin 3x31mm (2)
AR330456 - Hinge Pin 4x40mm (2)
AR330457 - Hinge Pin 4x63mm (4)

I was amazed about the difference and how they make it ...

Last edited:
ok let me explain:
my last order from Jennys was $196.40 (incl. 25.75 shipping in the US, I shipped it to our local office in the US and collected it)/or £151.03.

The price for all the included items here and I just have them in my cart at a local store View attachment 65879

so add $/£35 shipping to it - let me get hit by 20% taxes, its still way cheaper than to buy it here ... makes sense?

simple example, sum up all the parts in this pack in your local store https://jennysrc.com/collections/ar...uards-towers-mounts-bulkhead-bumpers-ar102666 - they luckily provide all part#

It's obvious that if I order enough parts I would break even or better. That's why I gave my specific example. I guess I should have spelled it out better. My bad. What I meant was. I don't see how ordering your day to day replacement parts could be less expensive. I didn't occur to me that I would in almost any case, need enough replacement parts at one time. Having thought it over, it would make scene if I wanted to stock pile a bunch of spare parts, etc.

The point is, at least for me, I don't have such large orders. If I did, I would consider buying a second Arrma and sell off what I don't need.

It's obvious that if I order enough parts I would break even or better. That's why I gave my specific example. I guess I should have spelled it out better. My bad. What I meant was. I don't see how ordering your day to day replacement parts could be less expensive. I didn't occur to me that I would in almost any case, need enough replacement parts at one time. Having thought it over, it would make scene if I wanted to stock pile a bunch of spare parts, etc.

The point is, at least for me, I don't have such large orders. If I did, I would consider buying a second Arrma and sell off what I don't need.
and thats the misconception behind it, I needed only a few parts which werent available in the UK at the time, ordering the ones from Jennys were cheaper for the lot than what I needed alone - so it did make sense to pick what was available, while I was at it, yes I did other parts to the order I initially didnt need but wanted to keep as spares to hand in case £$%^ and especially at that price point ... most expensive items were a set of tyres and a complete center diff I wanted as spare ... which was ~$100 or ~£76.90 of my order alone while here the same parts would have been
1581982917735.png

or ~£176.82

Last edited:
Lets put it this way..
If it wasn't for Jenny's, I think I would have given up buying parts because of the inflated prices and the relevant parts not being in stock here in the UK..!! ( example: Backflip LP's were out of stock since September last year and have only just come back into stock..!!! )

My ordering method is order enough stuff so as to warrant the extra charges ie: customs, ransom etc

We all stock pile parts so we can fix stuff without having to wait and as people above have said it makes sense for us Brits to order more than we need so it works out cheaper in the long run..?

I will be investigating more into this breaking of trucks...?

tamico is a good shop, I've used it a lot of times.

I live in Germany and I have many different online shops I can go to but pisses me off that every time there are shipping costs involved, or free shipping above a certain amount.
Problem is, how do you reach 150€ in spares if one hobby shop doesn't carry everything? I always have to scout 3 or 4 web shops in order to find what I need and pay 3 or 4 shippings in the end.
I hate that.

Also, there's not a single LHS in my city (at least not close) I could go to.

Anyway, yeah, I'm not sure how much business would a kit breaker have

I don't know how Jenny's makes any money unless they somehow get a significant discount from retail pricing on the kits. I added up a few models all the parts lots they offer on the website and the total is close to the retail price of the kit. That's assuming you can actually sell every last bit, stuff that doesn't commonly break or have much value.

Out of curiosity I just did the same for my car, typhon 3s

pulled all PNs from the exploded sheet, pulled all the prices from horizonhobby.de and excel says that the total cost of all the parts is 285€

I mean it's cheaper to buy all the parts and put it together yourself :ROFLMAO:

Out of curiosity I just did the same for my car, typhon 3s

pulled all PNs from the exploded sheet, pulled all the prices from horizonhobby.de and excel says that the total cost of all the parts is 285€

I mean it's cheaper to buy all the parts and put it together yourself :ROFLMAO:
I find that hard to believe with all the electronics, body, tires, and all. Each little part bag is $5-11

Are there any Arrma chop shops in the EU? I am tired of paying 20-30€ just for shipping PLUS import taxes and then waiting a MONTH for the parts to arrive...
Well your question got me motivated, its not much but its a start. https://www.facebook.com/ronsrc/shop. Jennys isn't going to like this. Got most Kraton/Noto stuff up, few more items to add. Holding off on ordering outer models until the end of next week. Of course you are welcome to prerecord. No payment required for preordaining, just helps me know what you guys need. I'll just have to trust your not going to BS me.

As many pointed out, there isn't really much or maybe any profit in it. But I'll try anything once. if you guys show the shop some love I'll do my best to make it work. If I can at least make enough to support my own habit/hobby and get a little out of it to pay for my time. Than that's good enough for me.

(y) (y) (y)

Liked and followed, prices seem fair! Greetings from the south of the Austro-Hungarian empire ? :LOL:

Well your question got me motivated, its not much but its a start. https://www.facebook.com/ronsrc/shop. Jennys isn't going to like this. Got most Kraton/Noto stuff up, few more items to add. Holding off on ordering outer models until the end of next week. Of course you are welcome to prerecord. No payment required for preordaining, just helps me know what you guys need. I'll just have to trust your not going to BS me.

As many pointed out, there isn't really much or maybe any profit in it. But I'll try anything once. if you guys show the shop some love I'll do my best to make it work. If I can at least make enough to support my own habit/hobby and get a little out of it to pay for my time. Than that's good enough for me.

(y) (y) (y)

AWESOME!!! THANK YOU!!! 6€ Shipping and Fair prices I love that! :D

Liked and followed, prices seem fair! Greetings from the south of the Austro-Hungarian empire ? :LOL:

Thanks, made prices as low as I could. I'm paying full retail price, with tax so you won't need to pay any tax. Remember if and when you order from the states you have to pay import fees and taxes, so that makes my prices about the same. But you will get your part in about 3 days in most cases. If i find a way to pay less I'll pass on the savings.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back