Any decent budget radios you could recommend?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drabina

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Could you guys recommend a decent budget radio? I am currently using Sanwa MX-V which I like but receivers are hard to find. This, plus I guess it is at least decade old radio. Do the new ones have better tech that would make the upgrade worthwhile? I am not looking for anything that's packed with features I won't use. I just ride my buggy on a local indoor carpet track.

i mean if you have to replace, i cant complain about the stock one, tbf i haven't used any other ones for my cars, but for what i do they seem great, and if others want to drive my car i just toss em one of the controllers, hardest part is just knowing which one goes to which....

I have two cars. One buggy and one crawler so a radio with model memory would be nice. Unless the cheapest one is $200 and I can get two single model radios for $60.

What's your budget?
The flysky GT5 is one of the top on my list for budget radios with all the features you could need. Can usually be had for $65 to 70.
Screenshot_20230622_124229.jpg

Thanks for the recommendations. I will check the FlySky GT5 radio. My budget would be up to $120 for radio and receiver.

Fly Sky FS-GT3B, GT3C, Radiolink RC4GS, RC6GS (my personal recommendation, especially for multiple vehicle control). Any of those are under $100, and are pretty decent. Extra receivers are about the same price for either the Radiolink and the Fly Sky, at around $16-$20 each. For single vehicles, cant beat the DumboRC radio. Personally, i would take the Radiolink over any Fly Sky, even the GT5.

I’ve got the dumbo x6 and the radiolink rc6gs. Like stated above, if you’re controlling more than one car, go with the radiolink. The dumbo is great for the price, but it really sucks not being able to set end points, and having to readjust every time you use a different rig.

Even though you can bind as many models as you want to the DumboRC radio it technically doesn't have multi model memory as you have to redo all your settings every time you change cars, a lot of rtr radios have this capability no one ever tries it. Both my Tactic TTX300 and my Spektrum DX2E can have multiple cars bound to the radio at the same time.

Another vote for the Radiolink RC6GS V3. https://www.amazon.com/Radiolink-Tr...ocphy=9020641&hvtargid=pla-865252353059&psc=1

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back