Could someone kindly tell me what the heck this is?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan B.

Area man
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Granite
  3. Limitless
  4. Mojave EXB
  5. Notorious
  6. Outcast 6s
  7. Typhon 6s
The obvious guess is a light controller (that’s what I thought it was) but when I got it out of my electrical spares box I saw that it has not one but two leads to the receiver, a labeled “channel 3” and a labeled “channel 2” which obviously isn’t possible, as the ESC lives in channel 2. Both leads have a signal wire. The “output” leads are labeled “front” and “rear” and do not have signal wires, suggesting they’re either for lights or possibly fans. It also included two y-harnesses, both with signal leads, which even increases my confusion. This is driving me nuts, it makes no sense to me at all. Anybody know what the heck it is?
IMG_3017.jpeg

The obvious guess is a light controller (that’s what I thought it was) but when I got it out of my electrical spares box I saw that it has not one but two leads to the receiver, a labeled “channel 3” and a labeled “channel 2” which obviously isn’t possible, as the ESC lives in channel 2. Both leads have a signal wire. The “output” leads are labeled “front” and “rear” and do not have signal wires, suggesting they’re either for lights or possibly fans. It also included two y-harnesses, both with signal leads, which even increases my confusion. This is driving me nuts, it makes no sense to me at all. Anybody know what the heck it is?
View attachment 343820

Looks to be an active rear light controller that is supposed to be sync up to a LED brake light..
So when you brake the lights will respond accordingly..
That's my guess.

Wow, thank you! Where the hell did I get this thing, anyway? It might have been in a box of used parts I got once for my DBXL-E. Makes sense now, because none of those rigs listed have an ESC plugged into channel 2! 😂
@Senton_Prime to the rescue!
Looks to be an active rear light controller that is supposed to be sync up to a LED brake light..
So when you brake the lights will respond accordingly..
That's my guess.
Good guess. I wonder if I could piggyback the ESC cable on the Y-harness and get a ”brake signal?”

could this be used on a normal 3S arrma? my Vendetta would be much cooler with a set of brake lights...
not to mention my STASH or Rusty MM....

could this be used on a normal 3S arrma? my Vendetta would be much cooler with a set of brake lights...
not to mention my STASH or Rusty MM....
Don’t know, but I’ll try it out on another rig and see if it works. I’m just not nuts about the idea of piggybacking the ESC, but I’ll try it out.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back