What lipo do you recommend for the arrma senton 3s blx mah? C rating?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C rating is mostly marketing. Any number above 35C is exaggerated. Allways assume they are 30C
It will not make your senton faster, but will slow you down if it can't deliver the continues amps you need.

Your senton has 100A esc (on 3S will pull a max of 1300W)
Any 5000Mah battery with 30C will give you minimal 150A continues, so plenty. Only if you go smaller than 3500Mah it could become a bottleneck. But take note that whiles bashing your senton you will not hit that 100A continues often.

I mostly run CNHL batteries because they have a good price/quality ratio and frequently have good deals.
A good fit (size) and the correct connector are your main criteria for selecting lipo's

I recently started up again, after selling off my race buggies ~10 years ago. Needed all new 2s, 3s & 4s lipos, so decided to school up a bit. Wound up reading about SMC batteries here: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?1767093-Battery-Load-Test-Comparisons
After receiving and testing the 1st order of packs, I was sold. 12 packs over multiple orders later, everything is consistant. Even picked up one of their Hota S6 chargers, and the Protek Prodigy 66 dual is now collecting dust. It's also nice that you can spec your connectors to order. I'm using xt60 & XT90, and have never had an order that wasn't tracking in under 24 hrs. They offer many specialty HV packs, for drag racing, air models, etc. Cells are well balanced and run strong. Been running their packs in Infraction, X Maxx, and MT10. I'll be running their 4s packs in the Tekno builds I'm working on. They also ship from ConUS quickly, and the prices beat the big etailers, like red headed step children ;) I'm just a customer-not affiliated w SMC.

I recently started up again, after selling off my race buggies ~10 years ago. Needed all new 2s, 3s & 4s lipos, so decided to school up a bit. Wound up reading about SMC batteries here: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?1767093-Battery-Load-Test-Comparisons
After receiving and testing the 1st order of packs, I was sold. 12 packs over multiple orders later, everything is consistant. Even picked up one of their Hota S6 chargers, and the Protek Prodigy 66 dual is now collecting dust. It's also nice that you can spec your connectors to order. I'm using xt60 & XT90, and have never had an order that wasn't tracking in under 24 hrs. They offer many specialty HV packs, for drag racing, air models, etc. Cells are well balanced and run strong. Been running their packs in Infraction, X Maxx, and MT10. I'll be running their 4s packs in the Tekno builds I'm working on. They also ship from ConUS quickly, and the prices beat the big etailers, like red headed step children ;) I'm just a customer-not affiliated w SMC.
I don't want to be the super critical voice here, but i feel i have to.

SMC without doubt makes great batteries. I have some myself.
But we are talking in the context of a senton 3S BLX, where many battery brands will do just perfect and price and size are the main criteria.
Unless they are on sale / competitive price, i would not consider them for this platform. infraction / xmax can pull 5-10x the power of a senton, and that's where SMC will shine, yet then you will consider other high-end/cherry picked cell brands like ONYX.

Carefull with HV packs, they allow to be charged at a higher voltage and not every Esc will be able to cope with it. There are situations where a HV pack is interesting, but for bashing a senton 3S BLX better not.

xt60 is only rated for 60A, I hope you aren't using them on you infraction or xmax. That should be XT90 minimum or even better QS8

HOTA certainly are good charger, but are not owned by SMC (http://www.hota-exp.com/?t=en)

I don't take your post as critical. Your just sharing info, like I was. I didn't intend to suggest the OP needs HV flight packs for his car, or any other of their specialty packs that obviously aren't a good match. Perhaps I'm too used to seeing battery prices at Amain, and I know that you can buy from China, but I'm not sure going cheaper than $38 for a hard case 3s 5200mAh 100c battery is a better bet. Two hardcase 2s 5200 mAh 100c are $50, and I get them in a few days. To my mind, packs of this quality, at those prices, are good value, and that's important, no matter what the application. Don't worry about my connectors...at present, the XT60s are in the crawlers. :)

Last edited:
I don't take your post as critical. Your just sharing info, like I was. I didn't intend to suggest the OP needs HV flight packs for his car, or any other of their specialty packs that obviously aren't a good match. Perhaps I'm too used to seeing battery prices at Amain, and I know that you can buy from China, but I'm not sure going cheaper than $38 for a hard case 3s 5200mAh 100c battery is a better bet. Two hardcase 2s 5200 mAh 100c are $50, and I get them in a few days. To my mind, packs of this quality, at those prices, are good value, and that's important, no matter what the application. Don't worry about my connectors...at present, the XT60s are in the crawlers. :)
$38 (in the US) for 3S - 5200 mAh is a nice price indeed, i wont argue with that, Normally they are more like 65.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back