Any other BMX racers out there?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Want to see if there are any BMXers on here, especially in MN or IA.
Im in GA, but I dig BMX. Im older, don't do stunts anymore, but I have a 1988 Dyno DeTour I bought brand new when I was 13. Under restoration.

with the bike thread being poular I have decided to revive this thread.
I run a Redline flight pro rn for racing. recently got two firsts In a row! One GC qualifier and one state qualifier in the same weekend.
1715273146451.png

mine is slightly different but have no pics.

I rode BMX in the early to mid 70's (Plate #13th AMA) before moving on to motocross on my Yz125cc and on to the 250cc in Tucson AZ. I did some races in AZUAS Cal.

I rode a Diamond Back in the mid-80s. It was the ONLY good bike I had out of all the Huffys and Murrys my parents bought me in the 80s. The Diamond Back, I had to get on my own spit and work.

Back in the 80's I raced in Shorum Long Island. Road quarter pipes,big jumps and lots of trail riding. Had a supergoose and SE quad angle,magnisium molly version. Built the SE from the ground up hand picked all the parts from the hobby shop that was sponsoring me for a couple seasons. Part of the reason for 2 spine surgeries, had fun.😬

I rode a Diamond Back in the mid-80s. It was the ONLY good bike I had out of all the Huffys and Murrys my parents bought me in the 80s. The Diamond Back, I had to get on my own spit and work.
I know your pain. My dad refused to spend more that a Huffy or team murry junk. I had to cover anything over I thing it was like $80. My News Day paper route cover my bmx expenses. The SE My father said no way on funding on a second bike. All on me. Then the dirt bikes 125cc RM and 250 yz Quad racer. Then got into mountain biking Green belt trails in long Island. More bad for the spine. Had fun😬

Last edited:
I rode BMX in the early to mid 70's (Plate #13th AMA) before moving on to motocross on my Yz125cc and on to the 250cc in Tucson AZ. I did some races in AZUAS Cal.
I am debating right now between a yz125 and wr250.
Not racing or anything. Mostly looking to do trail riding and looking for which one can be the most quiet so we can ride on some near by construction sites without upsetting the neighbors too much.

I had a BMX bike before my Dyno Detour freestyle- I bought that one myself. Before that my parents got me a ROSS Piranha BMX bike. I thought at 1st it wasn't as good as the Kuwahara or Mongoose or DB---found out it was actually a premium BMX back then. CroMo frame. That bike went for 21years.

Piranha1.jpg

Pic I found on the net-This was the bike I had. I rode it into the ground. Big jumps. It was a killer bike

I had a BMX bike before my Dyno Detour freestyle- I bought that one myself. Before that my parents got me a ROSS Piranha BMX bike. I thought at 1st it wasn't as good as the Kuwahara or Mongoose or DB---found out it was actually a premium BMX back then. CroMo frame. That bike went for 21years.

View attachment 365521
Pic I found on the net-This was the bike I had. I rode it into the ground. Big jumps. It was a killer bike
I ran the same CW handle bars on my SE for racing. Never heard of that bike company, nice bike!

In the 90's I rode a Purple GT Performer. It was much heavier than my buddies dynos and Redline bikes, but I got to pick it out and thought it was cool at the time. Great street machine. A little to heavy for BMX use, but I did some of that too... We didnt have a track in the area but made our own dirt track in a field that friends and I would ride.

No pictures of it but found this one on google. Mine was identical.
1715280201443.png

Last edited:
Silver Streak II in Black Chrome!!
Was my first 'real' BMX bike like you. Then I had CBR, Redline, Torker, Hutch..... Man, If I had the inventory now that I had back in those years, geeeez. My buddy has a slew of Hutch's that he's restored, worth a small fortune. God damn original Neck, cranks or pedals go for thousands!
About 6-8yrs ago someone had gone to my childhood bike shop and went up in their attic and bought the whole lot of NOS parts for like $30k and after the fact it was estimated that the inventory was worth about $200k++.
Crazy stuff.

Last edited:
Silver Streak II in Black Chrome!!
Was my first 'real' BMX bike like you. Then I had CBR, Redline, Torker Hutch..... Man, If I had the inventory now that I had back in those years, geeeez. My buddy has a slew of Hutch's that he's restored, worth a small fortune. God damn original Neck, cranks or pedals go for thousands!
About 6-8yrs ago someone had gone to my childhood bike shop and went up in their attic and bought the whole lot of NOS parts for like $30k and after the fact it was estimated that the inventory was worth about $200k++.
Crazy stuff.
When I was searching for some NOS parts for my 88 Dyno, I was on BMX museum forum & was looking for decals & pedals. I had a member offer me a $$$$ for mine. I declined. It's all black with black mags. Drain pipe seat post.

Back