Granite Any suggestions for upgrades for my granite

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMHO A much better choice would be all metal differentials. The stock diffs have a plastic main gear and input gear which strip pretty easily.

Best thing to do >>>
Fix the problem(S) you are having with the current rig/setup Before you contemplate upgrading anything.

It will be Money well saved.

I know belted tires are good so maybe those?
If you have the time, read a lot of posts here....there are a lot even from me :LOL:

Belted tires on the 3S with the stock setup can eat spurs, gears, diffs, and driveshafts. Like me, got all those metal upgrades once you total all that you bought a 6S rig.

All the belted tires I bought for the Big Rock or Granite I removed to go back to stock or the PL MX Badlands 2.8" been happy, and it suits the 3S well.

You can do it, of course, just know it will cost and need parts that support those belted tires and the added stress they bring.

Best of luck (y)

IMHO A much better choice would be all metal differentials. The stock diffs have a plastic main gear and input gear which strip pretty easily.
Depends on what version he/she has. Even the latest version Mega has the metal output gears. But yes, if plastic, upgrade those.
If you have the time, read a lot of posts here....there are a lot even from me :LOL:

Belted tires on the 3S with the stock setup can eat spurs, gears, diffs, and driveshafts. Like me, got all those metal upgrades once you total all that you bought a 6S rig.

All the belted tires I bought for the Big Rock or Granite I removed to go back to stock or the PL MX Badlands 2.8" been happy, and it suits the 3S well.

You can do it, of course, just know it will cost and need parts that support those belted tires and the added stress they bring.

Best of luck (y)
Very good advice. The stock tires are best for the drive train and they actually hold up well. Avoid the metal upgrades like A arms. Just breaks something else more expensive or time consuming to repair. Not worth it.

Shocks. Doesn't matter what version you have, they suck. Add a wing. Does more than look good. Protects the body. Could also add a center brace. Especially if bashing. That's where I put my money.

For the 3s arrma's, try and run light wheels. So not belted. This will reduce downtime.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back