Limitless Project Overkill - The Quest for 150

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike-h

Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
Hi Everyone, here is my Limitless V2 Build log.
After spending countless hours on YouTube I've decided its about time to experience the adrenaline rush that is speed running.
I've watched pretty much everything on Raz's channel including his excellent build series, and most of the stuff on James McCoy's as well (as these two are primarily the ones responsible for where I am today posting this).

I've browsed the build logs on this forum and have absorbed loads of information from this goldmine of a site. thanks all that have posted information on setups and how to proceed as the information has been invaluable.

Right.. onto the build.. As I've said my initial goal is 150MPH. with the items I've picked up in the last month this hopefully won't be a problem.. later on down the proverbial road I will probably look for higher numbers.. but you have to learn to walk first..

Following advice given to others I'm starting on 4S, trying to learn the car and gradually building up speed. I know I might have to move over to Foams closer to the 150 mark.
I might also pickup a couple of Onyx 3's packs as well to interim on 6S (depending on how I get on)

my primary task (apart from the build that is) will be to find a suitable local road to speed run, as the UK's roads are notoriously bad (and the weathers not that great either).

right enough waffle.. onto the parts list and pics..

(it would probably be easier to list what I haven't bought from Scorched, Perfect Pass and GPM, rather than what I have got)

ArrmaArrma Infraction roller V2
ArrmaV1 Pivot ball (4)
CastleCastle Motor 1717 1650kv
CastleCastle Mamba XLX2 , 8S, 33.6V ESC, 20A Peak BEC
CastleCastle Link V3 USB Adaptor
CastleCastle Link castle connect
Ebay8mm to 6.5mm Adaptors
EbayCustom Painted body
GPMAluminum 7075-t6+Stainless Steel Adjustable Front Steering Tie Rod
GPMAluminum+Stainless Steel Rear Upper Arm Tie Rod
GPMMedium Carbon Steel Front CVD Driveshaft
GPMMedium Carbon Steel Rear CVD Driveshaft
GPMAluminum Front Upper Arms -red
GPMAluminum Tie Rod+25T Servo Horn - red
GPMAluminum 7075 Wheel Hex And Wheel Lock - GPM MAK010
GPMAluminum 6061-T6 Knuckle Arm Dust-Proof Retainers
GRPTyres GTK03-XM3 - 20 Spoked FLEX Silver Wheel (8)
GRPTyres GTK02-S5 - 20 Spoked FLEX Silver Wheel (8)
OnyxO.P.S competition packs D/S 6500mah 14.8V (4s2p) (2)
Perfect PassAluminum Arms
Perfect PassPerfect pass launch control
Perfect PassPerfect pass batwing
Perfect PassPerfect Pass Servo
Perfect PassPerfect pass speedrun springs
Perfect PassPerfect Pass V2 drivertrain
Perfect Passperfect pass carbon fibre kit
Perfect PassPerfect Pass QS8-V2 Anti - Spark Connector Set
Saga5mm Mod 1 Pinion gears 34T
Saga5mm Mod 1 Pinion gears 36T
Saga5mm Mod 1 Pinion gears 38T
Saga5mm Mod 1 Pinion gears 40T
Saga5mm Mod 1 Pinion gears 42T
SagaM5 screw 8MM Mod 1 Pinions gears 34T
SagaM5 screw 8MM Mod 1 Pinions gears 39T
SagaBattery Straps x4 300mm
Scorched RCCarbon Chassis V2
Scorched RCBattery mounts x4
Scorched RCRoto-lok Motormount
Scorched RC7075 Rear Hub Carrier Pair - Ceramic bearings
Scorched RCBody retainer / Side Body Post
Scorched RCSteering Knuckle Front Hub Pair - Ceramic bearings
Scorched RCSteering Bell Crank - Ball Bearing Upgrade
Scorched RCSpool / Spur Shim spacer kit - For 8mm spools
Scorched RCFront Chassis Infills for Arrma Limitless
Sky RCGSM020 Performance Analyser

7Opwbv.jpg

Last edited:
That's an impressive build list you have definitely committed. Can't wait to see it run.

What your radio plan?
thanks.. more like I should be committed :ROFLMAO:

I plan to use the Radiolink RC8X.. I also have the RC6GSV3 (currently setup for my Traxxas Maxx)

I have the FPV module and camera as well so might see if i can utilise it in the car, to help with turning around at the start/end of the run.

Looks like you have all the fixins for proper Thanksgiving feast. Nice selection of parts. (y)

If I may make a recommendation for one more small ticket item you should really consider purchasing as it will make your life (and particularly the speed running parts of it) a lot easier. Get yourself a pair of white head lights and a really bright red tail light. I speed run at night myself so they're on the mandatory side of my ledger. But I can assure you that, whether you're running day or night, lights make navigating your vehicle at distance and being able to tell in which direction it's pointed a snap. Once you're out 150-200m+ it can be a crap shoot under the best of circumstances to recognize which direction you're pointed, especially if you've spun the car. I lost count of how many times I accidentally drove backwards off the road early on in my "career" and lights just take all of the guess work out of the equation.

I can highly recommend these as head lamps. They're cheap and they're bright as all get out. I used to run two pair of them and it was almost like a full sized car coming at you with its high beams on. Moreover, the burn marks they were leaving on the back of my retinas weren't conducive to night driving so....one pair is plenty is what I'm saying. They do require an additional 6V power source but finding room for a small 2S lipo on the diffusor is easy. They plug into a channel on your receiver for easy and off switching remotely (I've found it helps put people driving in their full sized cars at ease because people don't really know what to make of a couple of small yet really bright lights zipping around really close to the tarmac so I just turn them off when a car's coming).
https://www.rcmart.com/g-t-power-hi...stem-for-rc-truck-car-boat-gtp-37367-00037367
1707560331004.png

And I zip tied one of these between the two vertical rear spoiler braces. This one has an integrated rechargeable battery and is really bright on its highest setting.
https://amz.run/8VB7
1707560542085.png

Good luck mate! Can't wait to see your whip come together and then see what she can do.

As all of my parts are now here (the Perfect Pass arms arrived yesterday) before starting the build, and starting to strip down the roller I thought I have a little fun...
Saw on a YT vid the other day containing an offroad limitless, so added the wheels from my Maxx into the mix

AMlBYj.jpg

JJbDX1.jpg

wsQsur.jpg

rkVeP2.jpg

With some longer travel shocks and a bit of trimming of the front spoiler (for steering clearance), could be a fun cheap project... might have to pickup another roller when this is done.. :cool:

It is clear you have done your research. I would plan on using the GRP tires short term while you are in the 80-120 mph range.
Although you will see people running the GRP tires up around 150 mph its like waiting for a grenade to go off. They will blow up on you.

Be sure to take baby steps. Run the car at 100 and get it driving straight. Then try 110 mph. You are learning the car, what to watch out for and your road all at the same time. (a decent road in the UK is hard to find) It is critical to take those little steps to get up to your goal. There is a guy named Jamie Morrison in that area that would be good to connect with. His YT channel

Gear low and work your way up. Check logs and keep good records of the data. I would be happy to help analyze the data as you review the results of your runs.

There will be a new learning curve driving on foams when you get to that point. My VTE2 would change lanes on my road when it was setup for speeds over 140 mph and hitting throttle above 50%, but drove laser straight on GRP tires. If the ultimate goal is speeds above 150 then foams is the route you will have to go.

Last edited:
It is clear you have done your research. I would plan on using the GRP tires short term while you are in the 80-120 mph range.
Although you will see people running the GRP tires up around 150 mph its like waiting for a grenade to go off. They will blow up on you.

Be sure to take baby steps. Run the car at 100 and get it driving straight. Then try 110 mph. You are learning the car, what to watch out for and your road all at the same time. (a decent road in the UK is hard to find) It is critical to take those little steps to get up to your goal. There is a guy named Jamie Morrison in that area that would be good to connect with. His YT channel

Gear low and work your way up. Check logs and keep good records of the data. I would be happy to help analyze the data as you review the results of your runs.

There will be a new learning curve driving on foams when you get to that point. My VTE2 would change lanes on my road when it was setup for speeds over 140 mph and hitting throttle above 50%, but drove laser straight on GRP tires. If the ultimate goal is speeds above 150 then foams is the route you will have to go.
thanks for the advice..
re the GRP's I've seen a couple of vids that wrap them with fishing line & superglue. before balancing them.. is this something worth doing, or is it not really worthwhile if you are only using them up to the 120 mark?

thanks for the advice..
re the GRP's I've seen a couple of vids that wrap them with fishing line & superglue. before balancing them.. is this something worth doing, or is it not really worthwhile if you are only using them up to the 120 mark?

I have not had success doing that but might be worth a shot. That grove in the tire is pretty small. I had tried kevlar kite string and got really frustrated and gave up LOL

What I have done with my GRPs up to 130mph is BSI IC2000 glue and very accurate balancing.

Man that looks amazing. You may want to keep that one as shelf queen duty and have a spare for actual road use.
Definitely a display body 😂
have ordered some paints, to spray the other body, don’t think I will get it to look as good though

wow just realised that this paintjob was done by one of the members here after perusing the paintjob / body subforums...

thanks @Hoppe (Skinjob RC) for the awesome body

Initial construction is nearly done just esc installation receiver and battery mount posts to mark up and drill holes for

porEMp.jpg

went with the Red GPM upper front arms rather than the Perfect Pass ones just because they look better on the car

CW48Qk.jpg

still awaiting some custom graphics (from MCI) for the body and some clear front wings.. as the black ones don't suit the car

also still have to do the complete setup on the car, so should be ready in about a month 🤞 then it's up the the great British weather to play nice..

I'm jealous that you were able to snag Scorched's tailored chassis for the V2. They've been out of stock for some time now.

Back