Mojave Anybody try proline hyrax tires yet?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sundayracing

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave
  2. Outcast 6s
I think I've finally found my wheel/tire upgrade. Vivaton aluminum beadlocks snd proline hyrax 2.2 g8 tires. Has anybody tried this tire or wheel? Is this the best compound of hyrax available for racing? Is this tire more of a crawler then a racer? I've seen it on the udr it seemed like it performed pretty good. https://www.prolineracing.com/tires/hyrax-2.2-g8-rock-terrain-truck-tires.asp

Attachments

• s-l400.jpg
    s-l400.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 657
Ya I thought so too but they're aluminum and for some reason reason on the Mojave I keep eating out the wheel nut on the rim.. I could have already payed for those rims and tires in what I've spent on replacement ones. Plus they will allow me two just buy tires as I wear mine down so I'll never have to buy another set

They have a hyrax crawler tire but the compound is different. Reviews I’ve seen are really good????

Awesome, so these are the correct compound for high speed?

Wow okay so I assumed 90 was for 4 rims not for two!! Wow they're expensive I definitely will not be buyin 180 dollars worth of rims. Any reasonably priced aluminum beadlock rims yall know of?

I called proline today the hyrax tire is made specifically for the stock udr rim. That vitavon rim uses same bead size as udr so tires work but wheel nut of Mojave so it works on Mojave. Proline makes no rims for that tire because they expect people to use stock udr rims. So if and until proline puts out a set of rims the vitavon are my only option to run that tire

@Sundayracing — here's what I did today... 3 hours with a dremel and other cutting tools. Pro-line UDR wheels for Hyrax tire.

Screen Shot 2022-04-16 at 4.39.18 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-04-16 at 4.39.26 PM.png

Ya I thought so too but they're aluminum and for some reason reason on the Mojave I keep eating out the wheel nut on the rim.. I could have already payed for those rims and tires in what I've spent on replacement ones. Plus they will allow me two just buy tires as I wear mine down so I'll never have to buy another set
You can buy m2c wheel hex extenders that stop the nut from coming off and stripping the wheel so you wouldn’t keep stripping wheels and buying new ones. Just my penny’s worth.

Motoworx 2.2 Beadlock wheels with 17mm hex opens up many more options. Unlike the Vitavon wheels ( which will be useless if UDR tires go away ), the Motoworx work on any 2.2 tire on the market. Set up with Crawler Innovations Deuces Wild foam, they are superb.

Mojave Beadlocks 1.jpg

At full speed, they do expand some due to the lack of belts, but keep in mind that good close-cell foams help mitigate this. I believe those are the tires. They are thick and heavy, but excellent traction on loose surfaces.

The wheels are from Motorworx: https://motoworxracing.com/?product=2-2-xd17-17mm-hex-hub

Here is the Nomad at speed on 6s with this same combo. You can see the front tires expanding some, but I haven't blown a bead yet and the tires are holding up well. Note that I don't "bash" with my RC platforms, so I have no idea how they will do flying off of jumps and such.

s

Grass 21.jpg

I think I've finally found my wheel/tire upgrade. Vivaton aluminum beadlocks snd proline hyrax 2.2 g8 tires. Has anybody tried this tire or wheel? Is this the best compound of hyrax available for racing? Is this tire more of a crawler then a racer? I've seen it on the udr it seemed like it performed pretty good. https://www.prolineracing.com/tires/hyrax-2.2-g8-rock-terrain-truck-tires.asp
Those specific ones above, I use on my Crawler. Not for fast Bashing. They won't last for long. Like maybe 1 minute if you are lucky.:LOL:
PL has the UDR Hyrax tires meant for the UDR only. . And many have to buy the Super expensive Vivaton wheels for them. And then you are locked into always buying them.
I would try Method Belted RC tires for the Mojave as one upgrade option. Just Need to be glued.
I still like the stocker Mojave tires. I am good with those. Never had a blow out yet.

https://methodrc.net/products/terra...ires-on-switch-17mm-hex-wheels-2pcs-not-glued

I have a discount code on my IG account for Method tires: 10% off. Mojave Valley RC Adventures

Mojave Method 4.jpg

I am trying the U4 from Proline 2.2/3.0” with the matching rims including hub options for 17mm hex - I think it’s going to be great - but not tried yet ☝️

A8744760-1BD1-46DE-9B86-2F8E6E64CDBD.jpeg

E399F091-FB95-4B2B-9DB7-E266126BFA54.jpeg

07A25454-CDCB-49A3-B748-3295159D54A9.jpeg

B54E472E-1BC6-4AF3-870D-CEEDC4F84F54.jpeg

AAB968B5-2F58-4FEA-8BD2-0107E549F02F.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back