Kraton Anyone had any problems so far with the EXB V2 servo saver?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surchaufeur

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Nero
  4. Notorious
Theres someone on youtube who has been having issues with his exb v2 non stop and one of it being the servo. He blamed the servo saver for the stripped gear. Is the servo saver that stiff?? They are 40$ a pop. How is your exb kraton v2 been doing?

I just got an EXB V2 and was wondering if I need to do anything to the servo saver. Once I drop my 35kg servo in I'll report back.

That poor guy had some carnage, looked to me like bad landings but who knows for sure.

I have watched several vids of this exact truck flying 30feet in the air with no breakages. :unsure:

I have one in my V5 and I think it could be stiffer. I still think it's the best servo saver that's ever been in that truck. I've read posts from people who have gotten bell cranks that were essentially locked. Arrma is obviously having quality issues with this part.

You’ll need an upgrade servo soon enough if you do any jumping. I recommend jx servo 35kg or more for budget and reefs raw 500 for premium.

About the reviewer- I tend to believe you should prepare for similar issues of people who you share a driving style/location type with.

Examples-
Huge sends, landing on wheels would be duperbash, rcdude, thunder rc, etc
More tame sends but still 20ft Razor RC etc
Backyard bashers- lots of channels
Backyard jumper who can’t land jumps: DO rc
No jumps- any first run/unboxing video

I finally got a chance to bash my k6s exb rtr today at the bmx spot and it survived multiple nose dives with zero problems. My run ended due to the pinion coming off, no breakages or problems otherwise. All I did was replace stock fan, really happy with it so far. Some people just have problems I guess, that same dude swears up and down the corally asuga is durable and yet mine was pure poop on first bad landing.

You’ll need an upgrade servo soon enough if you do any jumping. I recommend jx servo 35kg or more for budget and reefs raw 500 for premium.

About the reviewer- I tend to believe you should prepare for similar issues of people who you share a driving style/location type with.

Examples-
agreed do rc is a terrible driver and then blames the cars saying they break easy. don't get it cause he seems to be very knowledgeable with stripping the rc's like he's been doing it years and then go's out and drives like someone who's just started in rc 🤷‍♀️

I tested my current servo saver who has the v5 spring with 3c clips who makes it a lot stronger than the X hard spring that you cannot put any clips on otherwise the springs fully compresses( for example u steer to the left and it cannot go full lock to the right) the saver is stronger than what my neros currently sit at. So i don't really need them.. also learned the rod ends wont work because the new exb uses 5mm turnbuckles. My hobbyshop wont be too happy if i cancel its 100$ worth of stuff. I tohough i did my homework turns out i didnt really. I was at mexico when i confirmed the order😅
I finally got a chance to bash my k6s exb rtr today at the bmx spot and it survived multiple nose dives with zero problems. My run ended due to the pinion coming off, no breakages or problems otherwise. All I did was replace stock fan, really happy with it so far. Some people just have problems I guess, that same dude swears up and down the corally asuga is durable and yet mine was pure poop on first bad landing.
The guy bash spot is legit a ramp who sends ur car to the sky and you cant even look at it or correct it properly because ur just under it.

Examples-
I use local brand wagrc 25kg servos or the ds3218pro. One ds3218pro had one fail electricly last year.
I have one in my V5 and I think it could be stiffer. I still think it's the best servo saver that's ever been in that truck. I've read posts from people who have gotten bell cranks that were essentially locked. Arrma is obviously having quality issues with this part.
Add 2 C clips

No issues to report on mine. It's a beast. If you are trying to break it......it will break. RTR servos are what they are. Get as much out of them as you can then replace. The new servo saver seems to be much better than the previous. With the new 25t servo horn it's an easy swap. Most videos posted on youtube are simply click bait or entertainment. There are only a handful of content providers that keep it real. I think the splash banner "NOT GOOD ENOUGH? " pretty much tells you what your are about to see.

I have new one installed on my K6S EXB v1 and it's a perfect matchup to my REEFS RAW 500 servo at 8.4v. The stock servo saver couldn't handle the demand from the REEFS before so I had the opposite issue.

I just order mine today and it said that it's on backorder. :mad:

Back