Fireteam Help me with a better servo saver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parcou

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Felony
  3. Fireteam
  4. Granite
  5. Infraction
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Talion EXB
  8. Typhon TLR
  9. Vorteks
FT has been running the modified hack on the servo saver since I got it. The idea came from the Kraton EXB where you added 1-2 washers to tighten up the saver. So I did the same to my FT, and it has been fine since.

Today must have been a cartwheeling day. I had more than the normal. I am good about getting off the steering until it stops. Maybe time and as many times as it has cartwheel may have been the death. Here is my question:

I can get another from Jenny's RC... but does Basherqueen or someone make one better or as strong as the stainless steel one? Before I go back with stock, looking to see if you all have a better option to recommend.

Thx

1697407850380.png

1697407873863.png

Pic when I first got it and added the washers
1697408017850.png

The only combo that I have found that works is a Hotracing bellcrank (or any other aluminum bellcrank) and 2 Arrma adjustable servo saver tubes. The second servo saver tube you toss everything but the preload adjuster. Use the second adjuster ring as a lock nut. This is how all my 6s Arrmas are done up and it works.

The problem I've had in the past with clamp style adjusters is the 2mm screw they use stripping out. My sons Hot racing adjuster is always coming loose, I have no experience with Basher Queen but it seems to follow the same model.

You know it's really hard to take a picture of a bass of a bellcrank, this is the best I could do. If you look closely you'll see there are two adjusters on my Outcast, the second one I use as a lock nut. It's never comes loose.

20231015_173450.jpg

Last edited:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0C16MCRTK?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

I bought this spring/tube but gave up on trying to force it together enough to start threading together. Spring is stiffer than stock so i just used it in place of the stock spring on the stock setup. Will give it a run this week, hopefully will notice a difference.

Ive always run stock and never had complaints, but wanted to try a stronger spring to see if I notice.

Last edited:
The only combo that I have found that works is a Hotracing bellcrank (or any other aluminum bellcrank) and 2 Arrma adjustable servo saver tubes. The second servo saver tube you toss everything but the preload adjuster. Use the second adjuster ring as a lock nut. This is how all my 6s Arrmas are done up and it works.

The Basherqueen setup is awesome. It’s all I use now.
Let me look it up and research. Thx

Any of the servo saver tubes with a locking nut are good, the Arrma adjustable one is nice once you get it to stay in place.
This tube thingy I have not heard of it but I am still new... Thx

I bought this spring/tube but gave up on trying to force it together enough to start threading together. Spring is stiffer than stock so i just used it in place of the stock spring on the stock setup. Will give it a run this week, hopefully will notice a difference.

Ive always run stock and never had complaints, but wanted to try a stronger spring to see if I notice.
Thx for this info...all good and helpful for me.

The problem I've had in the past with clamp style adjusters is the 2mm screw they use stripping out. My sons Hot racing adjuster is always coming loose, I have no experience with Basher Queen but it seems to follow the same model.

You know it's really hard to take a picture of a bass of a bellcrank, this is the best I could do. If you look closely you'll see there are two adjusters on my Outcast, the second one I use as a lock nut. It's never comes loose.

View attachment 326975

If I had a 3D printer I would just make spacers to go under the nut on mine.

The servo saver snapped.. servo is still functional.
👍

That reminds me as much crap as I have broken on my 6s cars I have only ever broken one ss over the years. I managed to break one on the Vorza too.

I have never broken one of those before so this is the first....sound not be too upset with all the 6S rigs I have

Which servo bit the dust? Promodeler or Amazon?
Right the servo is good... If it were ProModeler, you know I would be contacting John :LOL:

I had the same problem with my HR servo saver. Adjust the tightness where you want it then apply a generous squirt of threadlocker to a couple of sides at the top of nut and leave it overnight to dry. It will seep into the thread and create enough resistence to prevent the adjust nut from backing off.

FT has been running the modified hack on the servo saver since I got it. The idea came from the Kraton EXB where you added 1-2 washers to tighten up the saver. So I did the same to my FT, and it has been fine since.

Today must have been a cartwheeling day. I had more than the normal. I am good about getting off the steering until it stops. Maybe time and as many times as it has cartwheel may have been the death. Here is my question:

I can get another from Jenny's RC... but does Basherqueen or someone make one better or as strong as the stainless steel one? Before I go back with stock, looking to see if you all have a better option to recommend.

Thx

View attachment 326955
View attachment 326956

Pic when I first got it and added the washers
View attachment 326957
Yeah I've done that to a stocker SS before. ( K6s)
My FT also uses 2 shims along with the stock X-Hard spring. No issues... yet at least. (y) Too tight will split the belcrank since it is just plastic. HR metal one seems the only other option that I know of. I just went to JennysRc for another stocker/ with the X-Hard spring.
30+ foot Cartwheels at speed can be catastropic. Hard to control out of it. I sit and watch it roll.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back