Anyone interested in the new Redcat KAIJU MT 1/8

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some researches brang me to thunder tiger for the Gen8, wich is a company based in Taiwan. Thunder tiger own Team Associated as everybody know now. We recently saw the Helion Avange been sold under the brand Team associated. I was thinking that the Kaiju is an HSP, but more i do research more i think it is the same factory who make the Helion avange, it is maybe also thunder tiger.
You might be right. Some of the parts between these vehicles look identical. Traxxas is also made in Taiwan too no?

The chassis is modified from the Helion Avenge 10SC. I can't find where the diffs or arms came from but I'm sure enough digging will uncover that too.

The chassis is modified from the Helion Avenge 10SC. I can't find where the diffs or arms came from but I'm sure enough digging will uncover that too.
Honestly, as long as it's durable I don't have a problem with any of that.

I'm glad they went with steel driveshafts. All plastic CVDs are bloody stupid, I don't care how beefy they are. I don't even mind steel yokes. I'm done blowing my dough on that junk. I definitely did well selling the Maxx before I started eyeing those ridiculous upgrades. The Traxxas store has one on display with ALL the upgrades & it's $1300, nuff said :ROFLMAO:

Some researches brang me to thunder tiger for the Gen8, wich is a company based in Taiwan. Thunder tiger own Team Associated as everybody know now. We recently saw the Helion Avange been sold under the brand Team associated. I was thinking that the Kaiju is an HSP, but more i do research more i think it is the same factory who make the Helion avange, it is maybe also thunder tiger.

Sauce?
I'm glad they went with steel driveshafts. All plastic CVDs are bloody stupid, I don't care how beefy they are. I don't even mind steel yokes. I'm done blowing my dough on that junk. I definitely did well selling the Maxx before I started eyeing those ridiculous upgrades. The Traxxas store has one on display with ALL the upgrades & it's $1300, nuff said :ROFLMAO:
That's not even including anything aftermarket or all Traxxas parts?

That's not even including anything aftermarket or all Traxxas parts?
All Traxxas junk & a big fat $150 discount :rolleyes:

I can't make this BS up even if I wanted to . . .

Maxxed.jpg

Last edited:
Greg @ RC Driver Online liked his even tho he broke an a-arm. Looks ok. I like the wheels. Badlands knock offs.
Greg likes everything. Especially because most are free.

Greg likes everything. Especially because most are free.
Not to mention that the easiest part to ever break on any RC EVER is an a-arm. I yawn every time I see a YT thumbnail showing an RC with a broken a-arm.

Someone broke a rear mount I guess on a bad landing. They also think like I do that 6s is a bit too much for the Kaiju :

Kaiju compared to Kraton 4s;

Last edited:
More Redcat garbage. Don't let the Video hype fool you. Just another entry that YTubers have to hype and spin about.
Rebranded un-unique China stuff. Redcat wants a piece of the successful big air Basher market. What else is new. Redcat is for those "not" in the know. I have two Redcats. My son got as gifts from relatives. Dealt with them. Horrible Cust. Support. Parts etc. Zero upgrade support because there's no interest with cheap RC stuff in the first place. I'll pass on RedCat always. Thankyou.
The only thing I like is that unlicensed body for my Crawler, if it was available in Clear unpainted form. But it isn't.:LOL:
And apparently using 4S is where it shines if at all.
Looks like it wants to be an Arrma. But falls into a PL Pro4x4 something or in between something or other.

More Redcat garbage. Don't let the Video hype fool you. Just another entry that YTubers have to hype and spin about.
Rebranded un-unique China stuff. Redcat wants a piece of the successful big air Basher market. What else is new. Redcat is for those "not" in the know. I have two Redcats. My son got as gifts from relatives. Dealt with them. Horrible Cust. Support. Parts etc. Zero upgrade support because there's no interest with cheap RC stuff in the first place. I'll pass on RedCat always. Thankyou.
The only thing I like is that unlicensed body for my Crawler, if it was available in Clear unpainted form. But it isn't.:LOL:
Looks like it wants to be an Arrma. But falls into a PL Pro4x4 something or in between something or other.
Of everyone judged a brand by their early releases, no one would buy an Arrma. I'll judge this as a stand alone. But thank you for the insight ?

I'm just judging the brand. The company. So I don't care to evaluate the Model. That's why I always pass on RC. There are many who like them.(y) The Gen 8 has slight appeal to me for a Crawler. But I wont buy it. Horrible warranty and support. Arrma is way different. Not perfect, but different when it comes to cust./parts supp.:cool:

I'm going to have to agree about the Redcat customer support. I called them about 3 days ago and was informed to fill out an online form. Kind of slow to respond compared to Arrma. I would have bought the part that I need, but it's out of stock everywhere (the drive cups). It is a new vehicle, so it's understandable. We'll see what happens later on.

Some RC stuff is rebranded WLtoys and others. If you can find what the crossover parts are. (guarded secret) you may find parts for 1/3 the price of RC branded replacement and upgrade parts on Bangood etc. Been there and don't want to again. Discussing my prior exp. with RC just brings PTSD.:LOL: They haven't got a clue. Everything is scripted. l almost feel like I am talking with Traxxasss support. And that is another story. Won't go there.:cool:

Some RC stuff is rebranded WLtoys and others. If you can find what the crossover parts are. (guarded secret) you may find parts for 1/3 the price of RC branded replacement and upgrade parts on Bangood etc. Been there and don't want to again. Discussing my prior exp. with RC just brings PTSD.:LOL: They haven't got a clue. Everything is scripted. l almost feel like I am talking with Traxxasss support. And that is another story. Won't go there.:cool:
Screw it. Call me crazy but I really like this rig. I bought another today so that I can steal parts from the other one ?. I'm going to try bashing it again but on 6s and will try to nail the landings this time. BTW Redcat did agree to replace those parts (they didn't even ask for proof of purchase), but like I said before, the drive cup is not available yet. So I'll have to wait but he didn't say how long it would take. They just said "very soon".

Last edited:
Screw it. Call me crazy but I really like this rig. I bought another today so that I can steal parts from other one ?. I'm going to try bashing it again but on 6s and will try to nail the landings this time. BTW Redcat did agree to replace those parts (they didn't even ask for proof of purchase), but like I said before, the drive cup is not available yet. So I'll have to wait but he didn't say how long it would take. They just said "very soon".
So good news bad news sort of thing. Cool that they didn't even ask for a proof of purchase.

So good news bad news sort of thing. Cool that they didn't even ask for a proof of purchase.
Yeah. I only filled out the online form for the warranty sent the pictures and video of the issues and that was it. At least they are trying to help. I also received the invoice for the parts. As soon as they are available they automatically ship.

Back