Anyone know any alternative to these?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XplicitRC

Never let anyone compromise your integrity🤙
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Infraction
  3. Senton 3s
  4. Typhon 3s
  5. Vorteks
  6. Voltage
  7. Infraction 4x4
I want the 17mm aluminum rims, but I don’t want to pay over $100 for rc tire/rim setup. Thanks in advance 👍🤙

IMG_5384.png

I have the Sweeps Terrain Crushers, same identical wheel, but I chose plain black bare plastic color. I like them for On roading my Off-roaders. Well balanaced and don't balloon at all, I think I got 67 mph out them no issues. These are Not aluminum, just plastic, and can be quite brittle if you hit some bad divits or bumps. Don't think you can even jump off curbs into the street with them, FWIW. Are that delicate. They can develope Hairline cracks easily at the wheel's beads, if you look closely. Drive them easy for speed passes and they will serve well enough.
Skip The Chrome blue/red colors and save some good coin. Black plain plastic color is cheaper and fine. I think I paid like $100. for a set of 4 black plastic ones.
Yeah these are costly tires. Chrome colored being considerably more. There's no other wheel/brands similar to these Sweeps Wheels.
Yeah the "Chrome Colored" wheels will cost you if that is what you want. They charge a good premium for the colors. Overpriced. Just is what it is.
If just getting them for the showy bling factor, and for bashing, makes no sense to me. But it's your wallet. These are not basher wheels. You will be quite upset when they crack on you right away. Been there.
For a Shelf Queen maybe , again thats your call.
Red or Blue Chrome plating will cost you $15.00 more, for each pair.

https://www.sweepracingusa.com/SRC-DRAG-RACING_c_35.html

I buy mine direct from the USA SRC distributor, 2 miles away. He lets me buy them there directly. But it's Not really a retail store front. They build them and ship from that location across the States.

Last edited:
I have the Sweeps Terrain Crushers, same identical wheel, but I chose plain black bare plastic color. I like them for On roading my Off-roaders. Well balanaced and don't balloon at all, I think I got 67 mph out them no issues. These are Not aluminum, just plastic, and can be quite brittle if you hit some bad divits or bumps. Don't think you can even jump off curbs into the street with them, FWIW. Are that delicate. They can develope Hairline cracks easily at the wheel's beads, if you look closely. Drive them easy for speed passes and they will serve well enough.
Skip The Chrome blue/red colors and save some good coin. Black plain plastic color is cheaper and fine. I think I paid like $100. for a set of 4 black plastic ones.
Yeah these are costly tires. Chrome colored being considerably more. There's no other wheel/brands similar to these Sweeps Wheels.
Yeah the "Chrome Colored" wheels will cost you if that is what you want. They charge a good premium for the colors. Overpriced. Just is what it is.
If just getting them for the showy bling factor, and for bashing, makes no sense to me. But it's your wallet. These are not basher wheels. You will be quite upset when they crack on you right away. Been there.
For a Shelf Queen maybe , again thats your call.
Red or Blue Chrome plating will cost you $15.00 more, for each pair.

https://www.sweepracingusa.com/SRC-DRAG-RACING_c_35.html

I buy mine direct from the USA SRC distributor, 2 miles away. He lets me buy them there directly. But it's Not really a retail store front. They build them and ship from that location across the States.
Yeah it’s mainly shelf queen status. Aluminum isn’t a deal breaker I just like those style rim/tire setups. But maybe I’ll stick to the plastic versions that you recommended. These plastic ones will suffice. They’re taking back orders though …bummer

I don't believe there is another product like this. If you don't jump with them or hit anything they do fine.
They do have a reputation of cracking if abused.

Most others are large tire off road style or waaaay smaller gt style wheels that look very small on a big kraton / talion

speed 1.jpg

If you could find some HPI Phalt lines, they are a good tire/wheel combo also.

^^^
86.00 USD/for just 2 ??:rolleyes:
They look nice, but not $86.00 nice......:giggle:
Sweeps Terrain Crushers below. Plain Black.

1699624835340.png

Last edited:
These wheels really do have a nice balanced Belted construction to them, for High speeds. Zero Ballooning. I mounted a cam behind a tire and at aprox 70mph there is zero tire expansion. No wobble or vibration. I do balance them. And considering their large size, they take very little Clay weight to balance them.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back