Anyone know bout solar panels for home?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The break even point means squat to me, For me it's all about getting off of the grid and not letting corporations control your life and your pocket book.
Energy costs are going up rapidly and the grid reliability is far more unpredictable than years past. Those two factors alone make me want to tell my power company to go pound sand.
Even when we go solar ,we still have a small bill from the electric company.they still have us by the ballz...here in Rhode Island this month our electric is going up by 53 percent.then it will drop back down in May from what I was told but by the I'll be solar dependent.i don't know why I'll still have a electric bill ,I'll have to ask my solar sales rep why.
Remember for most of us we still have to pay for natural gas to heat up our homes..those who just use a fire place or some other way to heat their home and cook still have a bill from the same company.. unfortunately for me I need natural gas to cook with and heat up my house

Yes, the panels I'd be getting are Jinko's as well. I believe they are made in FL. On my quote, he went 107%. I have trees but the neighborhood I'm in is newer, trees are still small, so I get 100% of the sun if it's out.

I'm not looking into this to save the future planet. I'm trying to save my future pockets. ;):LOL:
Here’s something to compare your system to when she’s up and running. A high daily usage for a family of 4 (which is my situation) is around 45kWh’s.

IMG_1047.png

Even when we go solar ,we still have a small bill from the electric company.they still have us by the ballz...here in Rhode Island this month our electric is going up by 53 percent.then it will drop back down in May from what I was told but by the I'll be solar dependent.i don't know why I'll still have a electric bill ,I'll have to ask my solar sales rep why.
Remember for most of us we still have to pay for natural gas to heat up our homes..those who just use a fire place or some other way to heat their home and cook still have a bill from the same company.. unfortunately for me I need natural gas to cook with and heat up my house
Getting off the grid is getting off the grid. No power company no bills from them ever. Complete separation and no net metering.
If the grid does go down, do you really want to go down with it? With net metering, if your neighborhood has blackout, your power is out too unless you have a battery backup.

Put them in the yard if possible cause if you put them on the roof it will require a metal roof and I've heard of people experiencing leaks in roofs

Put them in the yard if possible cause if you put them on the roof it will require a metal roof and I've heard of people experiencing leaks in roofs
Why will it require a metal roof? A bunch of homes around me have asphalt shingles on wood and they have solar panels on the roof.

Why will it require a metal roof? A bunch of homes around me have asphalt shingles on wood and they have solar panels on the roof.
Really? Huh cause my family considered it a while back k and they said because we have a wood roof with shingles we would need a metal roof otherwise the installation could cause leaking.

Rule 1 never buy anything off door to door salesman. You go find them.

In Manitoba Canada its hard sell. Plus the garbage they were using was all made in china, I’m going to say no matter what they tell you it’s made in china.

I bought my house 2 years ago: it has solar panels, and we had to take over the original lease contract from the previous owner to use them. We pay so much to the solar company per kwh generated for the lease: even with the two bills (solar and local coop) it costs us less than for electricity than it would if we relied totally on the local electric coop.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back