Anyone work from home ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you everyone for sharing, I truly do appreciate it.

While all this seems like a big step, I truly believe our future is our children.. and I feel like I don’t spend enough time with mine.

My dad was the breadwinner while I was growing up, and I feel like I may have suffered a bit never having a relationship that was strong. Hard to explain, not saying I had a bad upbringing or bad parents, my parents are the best.

Just wondering what a little more time with the kids could be like.

Thank you everyone for sharing, I truly do appreciate it.

While all this seems like a big step, I truly believe our future is our children.. and I feel like I don’t spend enough time with mine.

My dad was the breadwinner while I was growing up, and I feel like I may have suffered a bit never having a relationship that was strong. Hard to explain, not saying I had a bad upbringing or bad parents, my parents are the best.

Just wondering what a little more time with the kids could be like.
Our future indeed!! In general, the more time we can spend with them, the better. The only way to ensure that they're exposed to and learn our values is through exposure with us.. the crap the kids are seeing in school these days..ughh. Too much, they don't need to be given soo many opportunities to "express themselves". They're referred to as dependents for a reason, they depend on US to prepare them for life. A productive, respectable and sensical life. Time spent with them is worth more than all the money we could give or spend on them. My hat's off to you bud. Best of luck to you and your family.

Our future indeed!! In general, the more time we can spend with them, the better. The only way to ensure that they're exposed to and learn our values is through exposure with us.. the crap the kids are seeing in school these days..ughh. Too much, they don't need to be given soo many opportunities to "express themselves". They're referred to as dependents for a reason, they depend on US to prepare them for life. A productive, respectable and sensical life. Time spent with them is worth more than all the money we could give or spend on them. My hat's off to you bud. Best of luck to you and your family.

The crap my 10yr old comes home from 5th grade saying makes me want to home school them..
I don't know how many times the boys called me out just this last week about something I'm saying is offensive, or I've offended him. I tell him that word isn't in our vocabulary and to grow some thicker skin.
I can see him coming back from school with some ridiculous opinions on things and opinions I don't agree with at all and it annoys the crap out of me. I work from home already so I spend a good amount of time with them already. These schools and some of the ignorant views they push are not good for these kids period. Let alone for parents to not be there for them after to teach them life.

The crap my 10yr old comes home from 5th grade saying makes me want to home school them..
I don't know how many times the boys called me out just this last week about something I'm saying is offensive, or I've offended him. I tell him that word isn't in our vocabulary and to grow some thicker skin.
I can see him coming back from school with some ridiculous opinions on things and opinions I don't agree with at all and it annoys the crap out of me. I work from home already so I spend a good amount of time with them already. These schools and some of the ignorant views they push are not good for these kids period. Let alone for parents to not be there for them after to teach them life.
I was homeschooled till last year, I feel going to school is good because you can interact with people in your age group far easier than homeschooling where you mostly interact with your parents all the time as that makes you a little bit of an introvert as you never can easily interact with some else, i.e social skills.

In my experience, school does not teach you life lessons but at the same time, homeschooling limits a child's friend group, but if you say all people in school are "against" any traditional ideas, and trading for a worse, newer idea, then idk what to say.

Not picking any side, just sharing what I have learned.

I was homeschooled till last year, I feel going to school is good because you can interact with people in your age group far easier than homeschooling where you mostly interact with your parents all the time as that makes you a little bit of an introvert as you never can easily interact with some else, i.e social skills.

In my experience, school does not teach you life lessons but at the same time, homeschooling limits a child's friend group, but if you say all people in school are "against" any traditional ideas, and trading for a worse, newer idea, then idk what to say.

Not picking any side, just sharing what I have learned.

Your good man. My wife was home schooled and I completely understand where your coming from.
Its like a "worse of two evils' sorta thing, I get that.
Social interaction is very important. I just loose my crap about some of the methods of schools and teachers in 2023. A few friends of ours have gone as far as private schooling for thier children trying to get the best of both worlds.. i don't know how some of them afford all that 🤣

Weird topic, I know…

But does anyone work from home?

I am considering doing something absolutely crazy and quitting my normal job to do something more unconventional and try and so something at home so I can maximize my time spent with my family.

I am highly capable, I’ve worked with computers all my life. Been an analyst with a big aerospace company for the past few years and I am ready for a life change.

I know this may sound crazy to some. But I’d like to trade my higher paying for something I can do from home so I can spend more time with the fam.

Any advice? Tips? Networking opportunity you may know of?

Sorry if this post irritates some, I know it’s nothing at all to do with RC’s … but I figured it couldn’t hurt to ask.

Thank you in advance. :)
Hi!

I have also worked with computers all my life too and still do. I live in the Netherlands and am the owner of 2 companies which i started some years ago. One of which is physically based here and runs (without me), and the other is 100% online business.

In a year from now, me and my family are moving to Spain permanently because i am able to do my work online.
This way, i can still earn my money, live cheaper than we do right now here in the Netherlands and take way more time off weekly to go to the beach together, eat late at night (at the beach as well), and enjoy our time together in the great Spanish climate.

I am at the age of 51 and i realised 2 years ago that i need to enjoy life instead of working everyday from 09:00 till 17:00 or even after that.

Life's too short.

We are going.

And by the way, i own a Fireteam which i can't wait to run here in the dry, desert-like aeas, hills and mountains. Going to be soo much fun!

Just sharing this with you so maybe you can get some ideas from it.

Good luck, you'll do great and be fine whatever choice you make, make a difference!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back