Anyone know which model this came from?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrWednesday

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Nero
  5. Outcast 8s
  6. Outcast EXB
  7. Senton 6s
Hey guys just trying to micro organize my shop, which is a process destined to exist in perpetuity šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļø.
I found a set of these shocks in a lot purchase and theyā€™re really nice qualty. They have firm 2mm springs with a solid 3.5mm shaft. Iā€™m thinking something 1/8 on road but the shock body is only 15mm and very little travel like exactly 1cm...?
Even the bladders are nice quality. I almost want to buy whatever vehicle this is just so I can use them lol

IMG_4656.jpeg

IMG_4657.jpeg

IMG_4659.jpeg

IMG_4660.jpeg

IMG_4663.jpeg

IMG_4662.jpeg

Hey guys just trying to micro organize my shop, which is a process destined to exist in perpetuity šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļø.
I found a set of these shocks in a lot purchase and theyā€™re really nice qualty. They have firm 2mm springs with a solid 3.5mm shaft. Iā€™m thinking something 1/8 on road but the shock body is only 15mm and very little travel like exactly 1cm...?
Even the bladders are nice quality. I almost want to buy whatever vehicle this is just so I can use them lol

View attachment 361813

View attachment 361814

View attachment 361815

View attachment 361816

View attachment 361817

View attachment 361818
Definitely older OFNA. Same stuff that came on the old Jamminā€™ buggies, and truggies. Iā€™m willing to bet theyā€™re from an old OFNA DM1 1/7 on-road, or OFNA GT 2spd car. Could very well be Jamminā€™ X1 1/8 off-road buggy, but the bodies, and shafts may be too short for that.. Nice find! šŸ¤™šŸŗ

Definitely older OFNA. Same stuff that came on the old Jamminā€™ buggies, and truggies. Iā€™m willing to bet theyā€™re from an old OFNA DM1 1/7 on-road, or OFNA GT 2spd car. Could very well be Jamminā€™ X1 1/8 off-road buggy, but the bodies, and shafts may be too short for that.. Nice find! šŸ¤™šŸŗ
I just looked up OFNA on roads, youā€™re definitely right about it being one of their shocks. Which model exactlyā€¦ I guess Iā€™ll have to figure that out, but youā€™re a legend for even knowing theyā€™re OFNA šŸ™‡ā€ā™‚ļø

I just looked up OFNA on roads, youā€™re definitely right about it being one of their shocks. Which model exactlyā€¦ I guess Iā€™ll have to figure that out, but youā€™re a legend for even knowing theyā€™re OFNA šŸ™‡ā€ā™‚ļø
In my own mind mayyyyyybe, lol.. I appreciate it man-glad to help! If I werenā€™t neck-deep in a small project atm; Iā€™d do some interwebz Columbo action on em to see what else I could come up with for ya..šŸ˜…šŸ¤™

1713661899962.gif

Based on this image of a pair of GTP2 shocks for sale Iā€™d say youā€™re absolutely correct! Thanks man I really appreciate you bro, this is why I love AF. Is this standard quality for OFNA? Because Iā€™m telling you these shocks are designed extremely well. Iā€™m honestly considering buying the car. Thoughts?
IMG_4683.jpeg

Based on this image of a pair of GTP2 shocks for sale Iā€™d say youā€™re absolutely correct! Thanks man I really appreciate you bro, this is why I love AF. Is this standard quality for OFNA? Because Iā€™m telling you these shocks are designed extremely well. Iā€™m honestly considering buying the car. Thoughts?View attachment 362548

Ofna cars were very good. Never heard anyone say bad things about them.
Sad those great models are gone now.... I think some HongNor models might be re-branded Ofna like the X3.

The OFNA DM-1 was another cool model that offered cantilever front shocks

1713802866884.png

Based on this image of a pair of GTP2 shocks for sale Iā€™d say youā€™re absolutely correct! Thanks man I really appreciate you bro, this is why I love AF. Is this standard quality for OFNA? Because Iā€™m telling you these shocks are designed extremely well. Iā€™m honestly considering buying the car. Thoughts?View attachment 362548

Well Iā€™m glad I was able to shed some light for ya bro! The higher grade OFNA cars were all crĆØme of the crop in their day for sure. The older stuff with blue everything, or plastic shock caps/paper thin towers, couldnā€™t even be compared to it, but did get a lot of people in the door to nitro RC in kit-grade form. There was some real nice HONG NOR stuff, as well as from the Hobao side. The Jamminā€™ line was far different than the Hyper stuff, but Iā€™ve ran, and owned both. Iā€™m very familiar with their on-road cars, though didnā€™t run a great deal of it as I do enjoy my tires being 50% on the ground, and the other 50% in the air lol.. As both @LibertyMKiii and I have both mentioned; the DM1 was a pretty sick offering, and so is the old GT2. There are a LOT of more current, and nicer options available for other manufacturers like Mugen, and X-ray, but if you can find an OFNA thatā€™s close to current; thereā€™s not a thing wrong with ā€˜em in my opinion. Also, you can still get a TON of parts for them from RC-Willpower.com, just be prepared to wait a few weeks for them to arrive if youā€™re here in the states. They DO arrive though, and I can attest to that. Hope that helps bud, and HAVE FUN! šŸ¤™šŸ»

Last edited:
Well Iā€™m glad I was able to shed some light for ya bro! The higher grade OFNA cars were all crĆØme of the crop in their day for sure. The older stuff with blue everything, or plastic shock caps/paper thin towers, couldnā€™t even be compared to it, but did get a lot of people in the door to nitro RC in kit-grade form. There was some real nice HONG NOR stuff, as well as from the Hobao side. The Jamminā€™ line was far different than the Hyper stuff, but Iā€™ve ran, and owned both. Iā€™m very familiar with their on-road cars, though didnā€™t run a great deal of it as I do enjoy my tires being 50% on the ground, and the other 50% in the air lol.. As both @LibertyMKiii and I have both mentioned; the DM1 was a pretty sick offering, and so is the old GT2. There are a LOT of more current, and nicer options available for other manufacturers like Mugen, and X-ray, but if you can find an OFNA thatā€™s close to current; thereā€™s not a thing wrong with ā€˜em in my opinion. Also, you can still get a TON of parts for them from RC-Willpower.com, just be prepared to wait a few weeks for them to arrive if youā€™re here in the states. They DO arrive though, and I can attest to that. Hope that helps bud, and HAVE FUN! šŸ¤™šŸ»
Fantastic reply! Thank you very much for taking the time.
Iā€™ve had a lot of great experience with Mugen 1/8 off road, I have all the truggies made between the MBX6T and the MBX8TR-E, as well as the 6 & 7RE buggies. Iā€™ll definitely be getting their brand new 1/10 scale buggy as well.
Iā€™ve always wanted to get a top-of-the-line race grade on road setup. but I seem to have hit a retard wall, like every single one I find says, therefore carpet, or other forms of indoor racing. I just want an 8th scale on road that I can use on outdoor asphalt so I can set up some cones and do some lap timing with my boys.
Every time I ask for a suggestion, Iā€™m told ā€œjust get an infraction or a Vendetta or an XO1 or a Limitlessā€ and those are all wicked awesome cars, Iā€™m looking for something that I can push the boundaries of track performance with. The GT2RS of the RC world. I want the absolute best from an engineering race design perspective. Iā€™m pretty sure thereā€™s some nice 1/5 scale options for just this but I want 1:8.
My shop is in my basement and I have a limited space. Large scale vehicles are a real pain in the urethra. Like urinating hot lava with spinning saw blades while listening to woke YouTubers discuss trans rights in womenā€™s sportsā€¦ put simplyā€¦ itā€™s too much.

Fantastic reply! Thank you very much for taking the time.
Iā€™ve had a lot of great experience with Mugen 1/8 off road, I have all the truggies made between the MBX6T and the MBX8TR-E, as well as the 6 & 7RE buggies. Iā€™ll definitely be getting their brand new 1/10 scale buggy as well.
Iā€™ve always wanted to get a top-of-the-line race grade on road setup. but I seem to have hit a retard wall, like every single one I find says, therefore carpet, or other forms of indoor racing. I just want an 8th scale on road that I can use on outdoor asphalt so I can set up some cones and do some lap timing with my boys.
Every time I ask for a suggestion, Iā€™m told ā€œjust get an infraction or a Vendetta or an XO1 or a Limitlessā€ and those are all wicked awesome cars, Iā€™m looking for something that I can push the boundaries of track performance with. The GT2RS of the RC world. I want the absolute best from an engineering race design perspective. Iā€™m pretty sure thereā€™s some nice 1/5 scale options for just this but I want 1:8.
My shop is in my basement and I have a limited space. Large scale vehicles are a real pain in the urethra. Like urinating hot lava with spinning saw blades while listening to woke YouTubers discuss trans rights in womenā€™s sportsā€¦ put simplyā€¦ itā€™s too much.

Funny how a simple, long lost dampener can turn one loose down the proverbial rabbit hole, isn't it? šŸ˜…šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ¤™

I had an OFNA Ultra LX2 RTR 1/8 nitro buggy back around 2015 or so. It was a great vehicle, and built like a tank, but I got tired of all the maintenance and tuning required for a nitro vehicle. I traded it at a local RC shop for a radio system.

Back