Typhon Anyone tryed these tires? JetKo 1/8 Buggy Extreme Tyre Tomahawk Belted

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was looking for new all terrain tires. These popped in google.

Never heared of the brand and could not find much info besides tje specs online.

Price seems to be fine. Anyone who uses them?

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/produc...-tyre-tomahawk-belted-on-black-rim-2--1337894
I really like the jetkos, I've had 3 or 4 sets. They're pretty durable, even standing up to my trigger finger of death. Powerhobby also makes some really good belted buggy tires that I would also recommend & they're a little cheaper as well. I've been pleased w/ both kinds honestly

20220924_191259.jpg

Screenshot_20220924-164311_Samsung Internet.jpg

20220827_193446.jpg

Just careful, the Tomahawks are about 1/3rd heavier than your usual tires. This lesson cost me 2 rear diffs which I now swapped full metal including yoke ( ~£110), full broken slipper clutch, a popped driveshaft.

Make sure you calculate around to not create too much traction cuz you ll start destroying expensive parts

Just careful, the Tomahawks are about 1/3rd heavier than your usual tires. This lesson cost me 2 rear diffs which I now swapped full metal including yoke ( ~£110), full broken slipper clutch, a popped driveshaft.

Make sure you calculate around to not create too much traction cuz you ll start destroying expensive parts
He posted in the 6s section 🤷‍♂️

oh, right. so the 6S cars are so much more powerful that it doesn't make a difference having 1/3rd heavier tires?
I wasn't trying to be snarky, just trying to say he wouldn't have those same issues as a 3s model if he has a 6s buggy.

I wasn't trying to be snarky, just trying to say he wouldn't have those same issues as a 3s model if he has a 6s buggy.
I genuinely wasn't aware that'd be the case, that's why I asked. but it actually makes sense now. twice the lipo power probably diminishes such things.
thanks

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back