Kraton Anyone updated the firmware on the stock ESC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaylex

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
Just checking over everything as having to do my first rebuild and noticed that there was a firmware update for the Firma 160, anyone done this or knows what it actually does? Apparently updated 19th May, all it says is improve acceleration power, is this not just changing the punch setting? Firma 160 update instructions

I haven’t mainly because you cant get the box needed to connect the smart esc to a computer tried to get it 4/5 times always stock errors
I have the box now so will try this over the weekend, however, there is no chance of testing it as waiting on spares after wrecking it on first day. If you’re ever down Cirencester way you can borrow the box.

Well I tried to update this last night. Everything connected well, could make the changes from the software as well as the programmer but not able to select any update.

Anyone any ideas? Box just greyed out.

Well I tried to update this last night. Everything connected well, could make the changes from the software as well as the programmer but not able to select any update.

Anyone any ideas? Box just greyed out.
I am not sure - Spektrum/HH has a tendency to not allow upgrades for parts included in models but I cant see an option that you could register the ESC on the Spektrum website - so I am not sure this is enforced here

I am not sure - Spektrum/HH has a tendency to not allow upgrades for parts included in models but I cant see an option that you could register the ESC on the Spektrum website - so I am not sure this is enforced here

Well the upgrade notes specifically state upgraded firmware for the kraton 8s separate time the firmware upgrade for the standard version. So I think it’s fine. Will see what support comes back with if they ever come back.

@r4nd0m No, I have got a response though which says the instructions are correct and they work. If I have any further problems then I need to try and see if I can get hold of the spektrum team through their Facebook group. Haven’t found that yet but then haven’t looked but that’s the next step. Particularly unhelpful.

@r4nd0m ok even weirder, thought I would give it another go now. Went back to the website to triple check the instructions and they have vanished. Have you downloaded them Or even received the controller?

@r4nd0m ok even weirder, thought I would give it another go now. Went back to the website to triple check the instructions and they have vanished. Have you downloaded them Or even received the controller?
yeah I got the actual device in hand now but with BBQs and running my Xmaxx I didnt do much else this weekend ...

@r4nd0m i have just had it confirmed by SpektrumRC that there was a problem with the download file and they hope to have an update out later this week. Will give an update if I see it first

Yes as long as you download the latest firmware from spektrum a site. Assume that horizon have updated their version but I didn’t check. I did the update fine last night. Will be testing the impact more today if I can.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back