Big Rock Apologies to ARRMA and the 3S BLX Line - Still An Awesome Platform

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArrmaFreek2022

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Limitless
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Typhon 6s
Hey Guys, so I've been on the bashing bandwagon on the 3S line. I am in the process of selling the my V2 Big Rock and at the same time upgrading some old parts cause I don't like giving people junk. So I updated some parts from Jenny's at a very low cost. So for like 32 bucks I tighened everything up and wow what a diff. This thing is now tighter than my Lim. I am going to be trying it out here later on my break. Thinking of speed running her now that she is all tight, she feels soooooo gooooood oh man. REally excited may keep her as a runner as I have her on hoon right now or maaaaaybe get her back on off road. Anyway I just wanted to post that maybe its not time to do away with the 3s line. There may be hope for it yet. I will try and post a pic

I will report back and let you guys know how she performed. I am STOwCKED!!!

Hubs - 11.99 newer bearing are much nicer/better
Suspension Links from King-Hobby - 16.99 (pic)
Bell Crank from Jenny's - 2.29
Oh I also swapped out the shocks with the ones from King-Hobby I paid like 30.00 price went up

suslinks.PNG

shocks.PNG

I was looking at king hobby last night and was sad I didn't see any of those links for the Typhon 3s 😔
They are the same. Its just marketing I think. These should work. I just ran it and will be posting a little video. Then tonight when I get home I will check how the links held up. I did not loctite them wanna see if its needed. I will let you know.
The 3S line doesn't make any sense in the UK right now. They cost £358-378 and the Kraton and Outcast 4S v2 cost £429. Almost everything is way way better on them including electrics
I get your point, my post is more for some of us guys who already have it. Its like once you get into the 6s line its hard to find a reason to use the 3s line. Although I will say the Big Rock is more durable then the 6s if not very close. And pricing is all marketing for instance I could also say that with just 50.00 more Euro you could get a Kraton 6s, so I think the 4s line is like a decoy.

IMO
*All BLX 3S line should come with metal diffs and inputs.... They made a "cheaper" sintered version for the 4S line, just include them.
*Slipper should use stronger metal for both halves..
*Consider different plastic composition or improve strength in common break areas in the LWB and XLWB plastic chassis.
*Also Seal the power module, shrink spur a little and there you go...

Okay one more.. Don't charge the end user $130 for two new diffs on an entry level RC to upgrade :rolleyes: .

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back