Senton 3S and 4S line discontinued?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krapper

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I'm sure a lot of us have noticed the recently discontinued stuff. What do you guys think? New versions? I just find it odd that only some are and others aren't. If they were reworking them, they should do them all and not leave out any. Like why is the Vorteks BOOST only discontinued without the battery? But both Granite Boosts are discontinued? And neither Senton BOOST? I'm confused about that. And leaving the Big Rock, Typhon, and Infraction, but changing the Senton, Vorteks, and Granite? Why would they do that?

I would guess they are going to fix the 4S chassis, and fix the whole motor mount setup on the plastic chassis stuff, specifically the open hole under the spur.

I'd say seal the transmission, figure out how to strengthen the plastic chassis, and maybe update the electronics, including maybe a DX3 radio like the Vorteks, rather than the SLT3.

What about you guys, what do you think is going on?
IMG_20230902_202943_439.jpg

I'm sure a lot of us have noticed the recently discontinued stuff. What do you guys think? New versions? I just find it odd that only some are and others aren't. If they were reworking them, they should do them all and not leave out any. Like why is the Vorteks BOOST only discontinued without the battery? But both Granite Boosts are discontinued? And neither Senton BOOST? I'm confused about that. And leaving the Big Rock, Typhon, and Infraction, but changing the Senton, Vorteks, and Granite? Why would they do that?

I would guess they are going to fix the 4S chassis, and fix the whole motor mount setup on the plastic chassis stuff, specifically the open hole under the spur.

I'd say seal the transmission, figure out how to strengthen the plastic chassis, and maybe update the electronics, including maybe a DX3 radio like the Vorteks, rather than the SLT3.

What about you guys, what do you think is going on?
View attachment 321031
My opinion only: I think these models don't do well right now. I mean they are starter RC kinda. I think people buying RCs currently are already enthusiasts and that being the case are probably going for the 6s class instead. I personally just an opinion. wouldn't pay 469.00 for a 4s Kraton when I can get the 6s for a few dollars more. The Senton is more of a toy for lite terrain as an example. More suited for a big kid. What do you think?

My opinion only: I think these models don't do well right now. I mean they are starter RC kinda. I think people buying RCs currently are already enthusiasts and that being the case are probably going for the 6s class instead. I personally just an opinion. wouldn't pay 469.00 for a 4s Kraton when I can get the 6s for a few dollars more. The Senton is more of a toy for lite terrain as an example. More suited for a big kid. What do you think?
Update: they are all (except for the BOOST) now either listed as "backorder" or "in stock" again now.. no longer says "discontinued".. 🤔🤔

But yeah, I can see your point, they all do handle really lightly, but I personally love the 3S line. They are fast, super cheap to fix, easy to fix, and super durable. The 4S though, I agree. I'd rather just get the 6S Kraton or Notorious for $70 more. Especially since the plastic chassis is only really rated for the 3S electronics, and the heavy 4S electronics just bust it really easily, a problem you just don't get with the 6S line.
Funny how the listed discontinued models all look terrible except the outcast. The v2's were a lot more eye appealing
Yeah, tbh the Granite and Vorteks do kinda look like toys. I like the Senton though. Just me? 🤷🏼😅

Update: they are all (except for the BOOST) now either listed as "backorder" or "in stock" again now.. no longer says "discontinued".. 🤔🤔

The only thing heaver with the 4s is the 4s battery. 4S electronics weigh the same. I think it being 17% bigger ie longer and wider makes it weaker.

With the switch to a blacked out ESC on the Kraton/Outcast 8S, I think there's a good chance a fair number of these models will be replaced by a new version sporting the same colour scheme on their Spektrum electronics and with very few other changes. They'll probably trim a few of the less popular offerings to streamline inventory.

It is odd to see Arrma potentially sunsetting the Boost line up though. It was a neat idea but I think the price point was still too high for an entry level 2WD brushed RC. In Canada the upcharge to get a MEGA 4x4 with a battery and charger was just an extra $50 CDN.

I'd love to see Arrma offer a 1/18-1/12 scale 4WD 2S brushless vehicle as an entry-level to replace the Granite Voltage, something along the lines of the LC Racing EMB-MT. If they could get that RTR for $300 CDN/$220 USD or ARTR without a LIPO/charger for $250CDN/$180 USD, I'd be very pleased and probably buy one for myself and one for my nephew.

This debacle with the discontinued, showing up on the website, is all a ploy to get everyone riled up since this happened. Sales have went through the roof, think about it people.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back