Kraton Arrma EXB GONE???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jluther@becoinc

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
  2. Talion
It appears that Arrma is discontinuing all EXB vehicles. My main concern with this is not being able to get diffs anymore. I know you can get them from Horizon now but for how long and how much? To me the stronger diffs were the only real upgrade on the EXB. I have converted most of my fleet to those diffs. What do y’all think? Think they will release new V6’s with EXB diffs?

Think they will release new V6’s with EXB diffs?
Yes. I think that was a big draw to the EXB line. I've rebuilt most all mine with arrma gears and washers but aftermarket cups, outdrives etc.

you wont be able to get them after a month :rolleyes: you will have to run the rtr diffs from now on

Yes. I think that was a big draw to the EXB line. I've rebuilt most all mine with arrma gears and washers but aftermarket cups, outdrives etc.
When the EXB first came out I was part of the first group that bought them and had the rear diff fail. I was pissed at the time but as a result I learned how to bulletproof them a lot.
They really do hold up better. The regular ones are a hell of a lot better than they used to be and can be shimmed and built to be pretty tough. I can’t figure out Arrma discontinuing their best rigs. They over priced the RTR EXB Talion and Outcast.
I think that hurt their sales. No way I’d pay $800 for either one. Glad I bought the RTR of those before the EXB hit. Lol 😆

When the EXB first came out I was part of the first group that bought them and had the rear diff fail. I was pissed at the time but as a result I learned how to bulletproof them a lot.
They really do hold up better. The regular ones are a hell of a lot better than they used to be and can be shimmed and built to be pretty tough. I can’t figure out Arrma discontinuing their best rigs. They over priced the RTR EXB Talion and Outcast.
I think that hurt their sales. No way I’d pay $800 for either one. Glad I bought the RTR of those before the EXB hit. Lol 😆
Once I setup all mine open with the arrma shim kits, I've had no issues. 6 of my 9 rc's are exb's 😎 Hope whatever they release has the exb stuff incorporated.

Maybe they dreamt up something better and our minds are about to be blown.
Cosmo Kramer Mind Blown GIF

Yes, sad to see EXB rollers go. They were as close to an Arrma kit as we will ever get. The only reason for me to buy an Arrma Kraton was the EXB roller being released. Getting to choose what gear to throw in my RCs means everything to me. How far down the line Arrma supports the EXB line with parts will be interesting to see.

you wont be able to get them after a month :rolleyes: you will have to run the rtr diffs from now on
Well at least from JennysRC you wont get EXB diffs anymore if the line fully disappears. And retail they are quite costly, compared to standard open ones. The main benefit of the EXB LSD diffs are the stout Main and Input gears. The LSD design was a mixed bag for so many. Tuning them and rebuilding them. Some opted to make them fully open with the Option EXB shim kit. Mostly at the rear. Many just went with the Open RTR open ones altogether, ultimately, to keep rolling. Nothing wrong with them IMHO. With most any diff, it's user error that cause them to fail.
I always prefered Open RTR diffs myself. I like changing the oils CST to dial them in. With LSD diffs you are limited to how thick you want to run the oils IMHO.
For 8s lipo setups, I could see the need for the EXB LSD diffs (y) , just not because there is any LSD advantage to them.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back