Felony Arrma felony 6s to 8s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imcamping861

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Probably been answered . Want to put either the 1250kv or 1100kv in the felony . Spektrum system . Is it a DIRECT fit or do I have to move a whole bunch of stuff around ? I wanna be as plug and play as possible . I know the esc is plug and play but will those motors mount right up ? Thanks in advance !

26E6AB23-C72A-4A3E-99CD-8610D554EEB7.jpeg

91B89DA6-FC79-47B0-B72E-75585F78FE37.jpeg

2D1AE153-5708-450D-913A-15A64814BD10.jpeg

31A70FFD-C0E6-4219-9D54-B7EFC50C171F.jpeg

I always liked the Bronze colored Fel body best. Nice Lighting.

You just need to find the motor length dimenison of what you plan to be using. Making sure when mounted at the stock left side of the chassis, that the end of the motor won't hit the Steering Belcrank. The Stocker motor is I believe 74mm long. See how much more room to spare that you have. Measure the distance distance between the motor mount and the Steering belcrank first, on your felony, and compare it to your chosen Motor(s). If too long, you will have to make it a right hand side motor. A much bigger task.
There are many 8s motors I think that will fit in the stock location. I personally would stay away from the Spektrum stuff. Mostly the ESC's. But hey its your wallet. I feel 8s running is best for Dedicated Speed running, and not bashing or drifting.
My 2 cents. :cool:

Spektrum 1250kv will fit right in. No modifications needed.

Spektrum 1100kv will also fit in the stock location, but will require you to install a bigger motor mount.

Which ESC do you have in mind?
I was just gonna get the spektrum . Cheap and plug and play . I plan on just bashing it . Just like the idea of more power . Thank you guys for your input . Any recommendations on a mount to fit the 1100kv ?
I always liked the Bronze colored Fel body best. Nice Lighting.

You just need to find the motor length dimenison of what you plan to be using. Making sure when mounted at the stock left side of the chassis, that the end of the motor won't hit the Steering Belcrank. The Stocker motor is I believe 74mm long. See how much more room to spare that you have. Measure the distance distance between the motor mount and the Steering belcrank first, on your felony, and compare it to your chosen Motor(s). If too long, you will have to make it a right hand side motor. A much bigger task.
There are many 8s motors I think that will fit in the stock location. I personally would stay away from the Spektrum stuff. Mostly the ESC's. But hey its your wallet. I feel 8s running is best for Dedicated Speed running, and not bashing or drifting.
My 2 cents. :cool:
I appreciate your opinion . The 6s is fine as is , just want more power lol always want more power !!!!!!

Sometimes less power is better for Hooning around. 6s being just fine. And your tires will thank you. You won't be able to use ALL that 8s power in a drift scenario. Just shredding tires,......... silly.
I would dial in the setup better. Have you even played with different pinion sizes yet or dialed in the ESC better???? Do you have the ESC Programmer???
If not, why the rush to More power.. If just Because..... Bragging rights? Or because the next guy did it?
Makes no sense.:rolleyes:
Baby steps. Work with what you have there already in front of you. There is way more tunable potential there.
8s is best for Dedicated speed running IMHO.
My 3 cents.
:cool:

I’ve already slayed a set of tires into the belt . Haven’t tuned the esc or adjusted punch . I wasn’t going to because I felt like it would be harsher on the system . Vs just 8s at stock setting should handle the abuse and be quicker on the straight . I also have more 4s batteries than 6s or dual 3s lol I also purchased gripper tires from power hobby and because it’s 6s there is trouble breaking the rear loose . My buddy has the same tires on 8s spektrum 1250 kv 160amp , thing is a rocket . But I was gonna go with the 1100 kv which is the questions . And yeah , always more power !

I’ve already slayed a set of tires into the belt . Haven’t tuned the esc or adjusted punch . I wasn’t going to because I felt like it would be harsher on the system . Vs just 8s at stock setting should handle the abuse and be quicker on the straight . I also have more 4s batteries than 6s or dual 3s lol I also purchased gripper tires from power hobby and because it’s 6s there is trouble breaking the rear loose . My buddy has the same tires on 8s spektrum 1250 kv 160amp , thing is a rocket . But I was gonna go with the 1100 kv which is the questions . And yeah , always more power !
Buying that next big 8s setup before even dialing in your current ESC makes no sense. Learn more about ESC settings. ESC can provide more or less to suit your driving style. You seem to be doing things backwards there. IMHO.
Too quick to change out the ESC and motor, but never took the time to understand them and tuning what you have there already.;)
You are not alone, many just jump to more $$ setups. Never even considering a simple $14.00 pinion gear change. Rather spending another $300.-400. in an ESC combo before even knowing how to swap out a Pinion gear.(n)
Just all because the next guy has that 8s motor.. Only because it looks bad ass and has MO Powa.:giggle:
Overpowered platforms are not all that. Just cost more and are super heavy.
Unless there is a distinct need for it. (Speed Running)

Last edited:
Buying that next big 8s setup before even dialing in your current ESC makes no sense. Learn more about ESC settings. ESC can provide more or less to suit your driving style. You seem to be doing things backwards there. IMHO.
Too quick to change out the ESC and motor, but never took the time to understand them and tuning what you have there already.;)
You are not alone, many just jump to more $$ setups. Never even considering a simple $14.00 pinion gear change. Rather spending another $300.-400. in an ESC combo before even knowing how to swap out a Pinion gear.(n)
Just all because the next guy has that 8s motor.. Only because it looks bad ass and has MO Powa.:giggle:
Overpowered platforms are not all that. Just cost more and are super heavy.
Unless there is a distinct need for it. (Speed run )
I’ve swapped gears before lol what’s there to tune on a spektrum system “ punch settings “ brake “ settings ? As far as I know that’s about it . Putting a bigger system is just common power to weight ratio , I’m only looking for answers if the spektrum 8s sytem is plug and play ….. I could turn up esc settings and put a bigger gear in and sit on the side lines for cool down time , or just 8s and be done …… makes sense to me . In my opinion . Not my first rc car , just my first felony lol

Sweet looking rig. I have the same one. After the first run I noticed the tires rubbed the paint off the top of the wheel wells. Anyone else experience the same?

What is the light set up you are using?
And…have they survived any bashing?
As much as I like lights, they seem to cause me more headaches than I prefer to deal with.

If you put Powerhobby Grippers on there you have a problem with the gearing on the rear diff unless you changed it. The stock Felony tires are taller in the rear. If you go down from 107mm to 100mm they're spinning faster than the fronts. Either stick to rear Felony Hoons or install a GP5 diff in the rear. Otherwise you’re going to have pretty crappy handling and your center diff will overheat and eventually fail.

I’ve swapped gears before lol what’s there to tune on a spektrum system “ punch settings “ brake “ settings ? As far as I know that’s about it . Putting a bigger system is just common power to weight ratio , I’m only looking for answers if the spektrum 8s sytem is plug and play ….. I could turn up esc settings and put a bigger gear in and sit on the side lines for cool down time , or just 8s and be done …… makes sense to me . In my opinion . Not my first rc car , just my first felony lol
I was chatting with a guy on YouTube that dropped a Spektrum 8s system in his Felony and it was plug and play. I guess the 1250kv is a 49 series motor and that'll fit any any 6s Arrma (please don't quote me on that though) It was literally smoking the tires 🔥 If I ever upgrade the system in my 8s Outcast, I'm putting the old system straight into my Felony, because why the freak not? I see what you're trying to do here OP 👌

Sweet looking rig. I have the same one. After the first run I noticed the tires rubbed the paint off the top of the wheel wells. Anyone else experience the same?

What is the light set up you are using?
And…have they survived any bashing?
As much as I like lights, they seem to cause me more headaches than I prefer to deal with.
Yep mine rubbed the paint off the top of the wheel wells, but they were from Choons which have a slightly higher tyre wall, not sure if the Hoons would have done that.

My esc i haven't played with, i swapped out the Tx and Rx before i drove it... and then just drove it. :geek:

Someone recently reached around 106mph with a stock Infraction and he only played with the gearing.

After i saw that i wont be bothering to upgrade to go faster anytime soon that's for sure, would rather peak out the factory electronics..and then replace with the same again. What i have is plenty for bashing, fpv everything feels twice as fast.

Your Felony looks awesome, i recently threw a charger kit on my bonnet also, love it.

Spektrum 1250kv will fit right in. No modifications needed.

Spektrum 1100kv will also fit in the stock location, but will require you to install a bigger motor mount.

Which ESC do you have in mind?
And for that 1100kv what u put for the spur gear

Back