Limitless Arrma Forum 2s Speed run challenge

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2s pb for me.

Screenshot_20230204-122334_GNSS PA.jpg

Well new pb with the typhon on 2s but the car couldn't be driven back. My solder job on the esc didn't hold up this time. You can see it in the video.
Still, 101 was pretty awsome and I think it can take more gear according to the log.
Apologies for the long video, we had to drive down and get the car.

Screenshot_20230205-170020_GNSS PA.jpg

Well new pb with the typhon on 2s but the car couldn't be driven back. My solder job on the esc didn't hold up this time. You can see it in the video.
Still, 101 was pretty awsome and I think it can take more gear according to the log.
Apologies for the long video, we had to drive down and get the car.

View attachment 275945
Counts by my rules. Clean run and you don't have to drive it back. As long as there is not a crash.

That's a great number for open wheel. You might have to swap that into the GT setup to see.

Counts by my rules. Clean run and you don't have to drive it back. As long as there is not a crash.

That's a great number for open wheel. You might have to swap that into the GT setup to see.
I got some good packs coming that will probably only fit in Creamsicle. It'll be fun seeing which motor does best in that car. Thanks liberty. 2s is the perfect cell count for my rough little speed road.

I got some good packs coming that will probably only fit in Creamsicle. It'll be fun seeing which motor does best in that car. Thanks liberty. 2s is the perfect cell count for my rough little speed road.
2s is challenging and fun.
What sort of peak amps have you seen so far? I'm starting to wonder if the esc does not read the amps the same while on low voltage...
I have not been over 500a yet. Or maybe I need to push it harder 😆

@LibertyMKiii 480ish with the 1721 and a whopping 540 with the big tp. I'm not sure if my not great first attempt at soldering an esc was partially to blame fir the 540. I don't even know if it would affect it at all.
I think with more mah and less sag from a better lipo, would those numbers come down a little

@LibertyMKiii 480ish with the 1721 and a whopping 540 with the big tp.

That is good to know, it almost seemed to stop at 500, but it must have been a coincidence. I have also been nervous about setting the BEC at 7.4v for 2s runs, hopefully, it does not hurt the BEC circuit.

@LibertyMKiii I'm not sure if my not great first attempt at soldering an esc was partially to blame fir the 540. I don't even know if it would affect it at all. I think with more mah and less sag from a better lipo, would those numbers come down a little
This was one where the Female cup came off the board and you had to repair it? I could see it had come off in that video.

This was one where the Female cup came off the board and you had to repair it? I
Yeah, I definitely did a better job this time fixing it, but only time will tell if it stays.
The 1721 seems to kinda stop at 480 amps too
More gear went an mph slower but amps didn't really change. However that could have just been a better trigger pull I guess.

The 1721 seems to kinda stop at 480 amps too
More gear went an mph slower but amps didn't really change. However that could have just been a better trigger pull I guess.

That seems to be my experience also. This is the first 99mph pull.

1675698372882.png

This is the second one with more gearing and even tried a longer/slower throttle pull...

1675698463418.png

This second run clearly wasn't a good gearing for the car as temps and amps went up but didn't go faster. I also dropped some rpm.

For the first one the RPMs were going up at the end and I could have broken 100mph with another 1-2 seconds on the throttle.
Either way I'll be going back out with Onyx LiPos and not charging to 4.17v any more :LOL:

Last edited:
That seems to be my experience also. This is the first 99mph pull.

View attachment 276104

This is the second one with more gearing and even tried a longer/slower throttle pull...

View attachment 276105

This second run clearly wasn't a good gearing for the car as temps and amps went up but didn't go faster. I also dropped some rpm.

For the first one the RPMs were going up at the end and I could have broken 100mph with another 1-2 seconds on the throttle.
Either way I'll be going back out with Onyx LiPos and not charging to 4.17v any more :LOL:
I think we were both probably at the extent of the lipos. Those onyx packs should hold voltage better and drop the amps back down enough to allow for more gear. At keast that what my little hamster between my ears thinks. I bit the bullet and ordered some srd v2 10300mah so maybe I can actually run up there with you big dogs 😃

I think we were both probably at the extent of the lipos. Those onyx packs should hold voltage better and drop the amps back down enough to allow for more gear. At keast that what my little hamster between my ears thinks. I bit the bullet and ordered some srd v2 10300mah so maybe I can actually run up there with you big dogs 😃

Yeah or leaving the gearing reserved so the higher voltage of a better pack can build up more RPMs.
According to the leaderboard you are the #2 and #3 big dog!!!

@LibertyMKiii got a new pb for the list!!!
My apologies for the foul mouthed camera woman but we had one heck of a stressful day and it shows in our demeanor. Tried out the new srdv2 10300mah packs with the same gearing that gave me 102. My 102 run was slightly overcharged but this one was 4.2 on the nose.
I really think I got a shot at 110 possibly. A smoother road would help though.

Screenshot_20230216-172317_GNSS PA.jpg

@LibertyMKiii got a new pb for the list!!!
My apologies for the foul mouthed camera woman but we had one heck of a stressful day and it shows in our demeanor. Tried out the new srdv2 10300mah packs with the same gearing that gave me 102. My 102 run was slightly overcharged but this one was 4.2 on the nose.
I really think I got a shot at 110 possibly. A smoother road would help though.

That is awesome man! Current worlds fastest 1/7 scale on 2s!!!!!
That sort of PB perks up any bad day.

I believe for 2s runs having the capacity total up around 20k probably helps a ton. I am anxious to get my Onyx packs in to start running 2s again.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back