Limitless Arrma Forum 2s Speed run challenge

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LibertyMKiii

Aerodynamics speed junkie
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Mojave
  3. Typhon 6s
This thread will serve as the Arrma forum 2s speed run challenge.

Rules:
- Have fun and enjoy the journey
- Be safe and considers others' safety!
- Help each other improve
- Must be 2s voltage (any number of batteries parallel as long as it stays 2s LiPo max voltage) (4.2v * 2 = 8.4v max voltage post run) (overcharging or LiHv packs are allowed)(if your voltage is over 8.4 post run it will fall in the secondary HV list)
- If you are fitting in the top 5 spots on the list you need to show voltage after the run with a voltage meter as the others have done.
- Any motor (assuming we are ok with dual motors should someone want to run that, but will be split off onto a separate list)
- Any ESC (come on it's always the XLX2 ;) )
- Any tires (Rubber or foam)
- Chassis any 1/8 or 1/7 ("1/10" cars like Slash 4x4 that are truly by size/measurement a 1/8 scale are allowed)
- (NO 1/10 scale small touring cars like 4tec, serpent, Tamiya etc)
- Standard rules for showing GPS that we normally do.
- In your video show the batteries are 2s (3 wires) and if running parallel clearly show the connection going to the ESC.
- Do not have to return the car, but crashes disqualify the run

****Post your video link in this thread and I'll edit the original post with a spreadsheet of standings a few times per week. Also note the car so I can keep up with the list. (I'll track up to 2 of your cars, but you must tell me the model of car in your thread post)****

(Optional if you want to share what motor, batteries, and gearing you are running. I am totally fine with you keeping that secret if you would like)

Single Motor Cars
RankingMemberSpeed in MPHCellsCarMotorKVBatteryVideo confirmed
1slow rc mike
125​
2​
Hobao VTE 1:8Castle 1515 v2
2200​
2pYes
2slow rc mike
122​
2​
Hong Nor igt8e 1:8Castle 1515
2200​
2pYes
2slow rc mike
122​
2​
Hong Nor igt7e 1:7No
3chris adams
117​
2​
Arrma 1:7 GTTP40602pYes
4chris adams
116​
2​
Typhon stretched GT BodyTP40602pYes
5vwturbowolf
115​
2​
VTE2 1:7TP2pYes
6LibertyMKiii
114​
2​
VTE2 1:7TP40702pYes
7K-BASH
109​
2​
VendettaTP2pYes
8K-BASH
96​
2​
6s Arrma 1:8 GT3pYes
9LibertyMKiii
89​
2​
Limitless open wheel 1:7TP40502pYes
10Edough13
88​
2​
Limitless GT 1:7
1721​
2pYes
11Diem Turner
83​
2​
VTE 1:8
1721​
2pYes

HV 2s List
RankingMemberSpeed in MPHCellsCarMotorKVBatteryPost run voltage
1slow rc mike
126​
2​
Hong Nor igt7e 1:7Poesidon 15152pVoltage 8.7

Last edited:
I know @chris adams and @slow rc mike have done some great 2s runs.
I plan on re-visiting 2s this year running ONYX RC Power Systems (OPS lipos)

Below are my prior runs

Limitless 2s @86 mph

VTE2 @99 mph

Last edited:
Well, this settles whether I'll be making 2S passes this spring or not. :)

Come on hombre, post your motor's KV values!! This is for fun and group edjumacation. Or are we now into playing it close to the chest competition?

Well, this settles whether I'll be making 2S passes this spring or not. :)

Come on hombre, post your motor's KV values!! This is for fun and group edjumacation. Or are we now into playing it close to the chest competition?

I have hinted at this here and there. I am going with a dual motor setup this year and planning to run in the top 1% so I will be a bit more competitive spirited going forward about my gearing and motor KV setup.

For these old ones the TP4050 in the Limitless was 3840 kv (MMX8s esc) and the VTE was aTP4070 3200kv (XLX2 ESC). The dual motor setup will be different. I'll update the list above to reflect this info.

I will warn you that 2s is hard on the equipment. I damaged 2 SMC SRD v2 pack on the VTE2 after the 2nd use, but I may have got them too hot on my dashboard of the car that summer on a 100 degree day. Hard to know for sure if that was the cause alone. SMC packs are known to puff due to their electrolyte composition but the IR went bad and cells wouldn't take a charge easily anymore. It was clear I damaged the cells.

Anyway back to the dual motor I think a dual motor 1/7 scale on 2s doing 120+ would be amazing. That is the goal!!!

Last edited:
This thread will serve as the Arrma forum 2s speed run challenge.

Rules:
- Have fun and enjoy the journey
- Be safe and considers others' safety!
- Help each other improve
- Must be 2s voltage (any number of batteries parallel as long as it stays 2s LiPo max voltage) (4.2v * 2 = 8.4v max voltage post run) (overcharging or LiHv packs are allowed)
- Any motor (assuming we are ok with dual motors should someone want to run that, but will be split off onto a separate list)
- Any ESC (come on it's always the XLX2 ;) )
- Any tires (Rubber or foam)
- Chassis any 1/8 or 1/7 ("1/10" cars like Slash 4x4 that are truly by size/measurement a 1/8 scale are allowed)
- (NO 1/10 scale small touring cars like 4tec, serpent, Tamiya etc)
- Standard rules for showing GPS that we normally do.
- In your video show the batteries are 2s (3 wires) and if running parallel clearly show the connection going to the ESC.
- Do not have to return the car, but crashes disqualify the run

****Post your video link in this thread and I'll edit the original post with a spreadsheet of standings a few times per week. Also note the car so I can keep up with the list. (I'll track up to 2 of your cars, but you must tell me the model of car in your thread post)****

(Optional if you want to share what motor, batteries, and gearing you are running. I am totally fine with you keeping that secret if you would like)

Single Motor Cars
RankingMemberSpeed in MPHCellsCarMotorKVBatteryVideo confirmed
1​
Mike
2​
LibertyMKiii
99​
2​
VTE2 1:7TP407032002pYes
3​
LibertyMKiii
86​
2​
Limitless open wheelTP405038402pYes

@LibertyMKiii i did it!!!!! The ole Creamsicle came through for me. Hot dang it im so happy about it.
I'm thinking about getting another cnhl pack and running 3. @K-BASH done talked me into it lol.
when you getting in on this action kbash?
I'm probably hurting my packs pretty bad but at least they're cheap 🤪
Xlx2
1721 2400kv
2 6200mah 2s2p cnhl 90c

Screenshot_20230128-164039_GNSS PA.jpg

@LibertyMKiii i did it!!!!! The ole Creamsicle came through for me. Hot dang it im so happy about it.
I'm thinking about getting another cnhl pack and running 3. @K-BASH done talked me into it lol.
Xlx2
1721 2400kv
2 6200mah 2s2p cnhl 90c

View attachment 273736
Thatta boy!! Congrats brother 😃👍🤘

Xlx2
1721 2400kv
2 6200mah 2s2p cnhl 90c

View attachment 273736
Soon enough,,,need some good 2s packs...might try building my own🤪2s4p kbash pack.lol I

Xlx2
1721 2400kv
2 6200mah 2s2p cnhl 90c

View attachment 273736o

Awesome man! Congrats!!!
Taking a big 1/7 scale into triple digits is no small feat.

Just wait till I get the typhon back together. I spent 3 or 4 hours last night getting the rear to spin as near to perfect as possible. It's gonna be a monster once I get it all the together. Gonna run it on 2s too just to get it dialed back in, but I have a feeling it's gonna be faster than Creamsicle. Time will tell.

Racing the click right now but hope to run Creamsicle and the typhon on 2s in about an hr. Got a shot at 101 with Creamsicle and not really sure what the typhon will do yet as it's the first 2s pass with that motor, but we gonna see what it do fellas.
Hope yall get to make some passes this weekend.

Man new 2s pb with Creamsicle!!!! My stupid azz got in a hurry and left the typhon at home, but the ole orange hotrod got it done for me. Had a car turn onto the road, so I had to cut my run about 500ft short. Kinda bummed about that but was surprised to see a 102. I'm gonna get some more packs soon and see if I can keep pushing. Fastest 1\7 scale on 2s I could find was 104. Pretty sure I can get thete myself. We shall see I guess. Honestly, the typhon might even be faster on 2s. Not as much aero disadvantage at these lower speeds and I got the typhon rolling really really free.
Long post, but im all jacked up on new PB 🤪😄👍

Screenshot_20230203-172759_GNSS PA.jpg

Man new 2s pb with Creamsicle!!!! My stupid azz got in a hurry and left the typhon at home, but the ole orange hotrod got it done for me. Had a car turn onto the road, so I had to cut my run about 500ft short. Kinda bummed about that but was surprised to see a 102. I'm gonna get some more packs soon and see if I can keep pushing. Fastest 1\7 scale on 2s I could find was 104. Pretty sure I can get thete myself. We shall see I guess. Honestly, the typhon might even be faster on 2s. Not as much aero disadvantage at these lower speeds and I got the typhon rolling really really free.
Long post, but im all jacked up on new PB 🤪😄👍

View attachment 275374

Awesome man great progress!
Nothing like that high of a new PB.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back