Granite Arrma Granite 3s blx steering stopped working

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AmI doing something completely wrong with this servo arm installation or did rc shop send me wrong size? How this is supposed to attach to? Didnā€™t find any helping videos for this. Such a noobie šŸ˜“

940766D2-DB69-4AEA-8B6A-0AF4212D66EE.jpeg

18E6F97E-F225-45A0-B15A-8F146E089395.jpeg

98163CCA-8B5A-4E2C-BAD1-B49D48163BA2.jpeg

Is there a any helping guide how to replace servo saver with that aluminium servo arm? Do I need to take some stock parts of to make it work/fit etc?

Most standard 25t servo arms won't fit because they are too long. You need the Arrma 25t servo saver or the Kimborough(?) alternative.
So that new alu servo arm is useless then? Wonder why did they recommend me that one with this new servo? they knew that my car was Arrma Granite and new servo is 25t. They knew I have Arrma stock servo saver with 23t, so that needed to replace.

Because they are idiots?

Unfortunately Arrma can be a bit proprietary but a LHS shoukd know that.

At a pinch you can take the plastic 23t horn and force it into the 25t spline. Makes some people cringe but it works. I've done it and my mate did it to his Typhon and 20 packs later it's still fine. (And yeah I put grease in my diffs as well šŸ˜‰)

Because they are idiots?

At a pinch you can take the plastic 23t horn and force it into the 25t spline. Makes some people cringe but it works. I've done it and my mate did it to his Typhon and 20 packs later it's still fine. (And yeah I put grease in my diffs as well šŸ˜‰)
Only in New Zealand people do that kind of stuff. šŸ¤£

Just kidding bud. Just sounded like the right thing to say at the moment.

Really frustrating to passing ball back and forth about right spareparts. When they finally send those and parts arrive, they are the wrong ones. This canā€™t be their first broken Arrma servo case šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļø
LHS should know better their stuff and that shop is one of the biggest RC shops in Finland.

Really frustrating to passing ball back and forth about right spareparts. When they finally send those and parts arrive, they are the wrong ones. This canā€™t be their first broken Arrma servo case šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļø
LHS should know better their stuff and that shop is one of the biggest RC shops in Finland.
Most local shops don't know all of the specifics, just have a good general knowledge of RCs. If you want or need good accurate information about your Arrma truck always ask here first. A lot of people here that are more knowledgeable than your LHS.

Both JX servos are good servos. But the 32kg JX servo is also a HV servo that can be run at 8.4 volts and the only way you will get the full 32kg of power is to run the servo at 8.4volts. The problem is that the Granite stock ESC only has a 6v BEC and at 6v you will get 26kg of power and a 0.12 second transit speed. It's not bad at 6v, but is it worth the extra money to you? If it is, then get it. If you ever get a new ESC that has an adjustable BEC you can always use this servo with the bigger ESC. If not, the JX servo that they are gonna swap for free is an excellent servo and about twice as powerful as the stock Spektrum servo. It will definitely be great for your Granite.
Hi, can you recommend a ESC that has an adjustable BEC and works and with that new JX servo PDI-HV7232MG? šŸ‘€

Hobbywing Max10sct or get a Spektrum Firma 130 or Firma 150 from JennysRC. Firma 130 can run 4s, Firma 150 can run up to 6s. Hobbywing Max10sct can also run 4s.

Because they are idiots?

Love your last line disclosure šŸ¤£
šŸŽ¶ Grease is the word šŸŽ¶

Hobbywing Max10sct or get a Spektrum Firma 130 or Firma 150 from JennysRC. Firma 130 can run 4s, Firma 150 can run up to 6s. Hobbywing Max10sct can also run 4s.
Much appreciated, Iā€™ll check these out.

Much appreciated, Iā€™ll check these out.
A Firma 130 or even a 150 from JennysRC is cheaper than a Hobbywing Max10sct. I put a Spektrum Firma 150 from Jennys in my Big Rock and run it on 4s.
Go to JennysRC and look at the 6s Arrma rigs and you will find a Spektrum Firma 150. Or look at the Losi Tenacity Pro for a Firma 130 for $69. It says Dynamite Fuze Smart 130 ESC but it's the same as a Spektrum Firma 130.

Hello.
Thanks for the info. Based on my location as here in Finland, I guess JennyRc is too far away and also expensive when it comes for shipping overseas. Iā€™ll try our local shops, maybe they have similar products.

You don't need a new ESC, wth?

You don't need a new ESC, wth?
Yes I know, but if I want to get full potential out that new JX Servo, that Granite stock Blx100 ESC canā€™t do it. Right?

As Kla912000 said:
ā€Both JX servos are good servos. But the 32kg JX servo is also a HV servo that can be run at 8.4 volts and the only way you will get the full 32kg of power is to run the servo at 8.4volts. The problem is that the Granite stock ESC only has a 6v BEC and at 6v you will get 26kg of power and a 0.12 second transit speedā€

Yes I know, but if I want to get full potential out that new JX Servo, that Granite stock Blx100 ESC canā€™t do it. Right?

26kg is a ton, and 0.12s/60 degrees is pretty fast. The stock servo is 7kg-cm, so it's already 4x stronger at 6v. Do you even know what the difference is between a 32kg-cm servo and a 26kg-cm servo?

That's way more than an Arrma servo saver will hold up to, the servo saver is a weaker link than your ESC.

I mean, spend the money if you want, but seems kind of pointless. Sorry to be so negative, I just hate seeing people buy stuff for no reason.

By the way, "rc5" will get you 5% off any order from eurorc.com. :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back