Granite Arrma Granite 3s blx steering stopped working

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes. New JX servo goes with 25t so old stock 23T servo saver is not gonna fit anyways, and yes I have now aluminium servo horn in it, so something done right?šŸ˜

Yes. New JX servo goes with 25t so old stock 23T servo saver is not gonna fit anyways, and yes I have now aluminium servo horn in it, so something done right?šŸ˜
Razor is right. You really don't need a new ESC. I gave you the correct info so you understood the difference between the two servos. But, 26kg is a LOT of power and you probably wouldn't even notice the difference between the 2 servos. Also, if you are jumping and bashing your Granite, the aluminium servo horn might not be the best option. If you crash hard, the servo might be able to handle it without much damage but you will probably end up breaking other steering or suspension parts. That's the purpose of the servo saver. To soak up the force from a crash and save other, more expensive parts.

Uh no, you need a servo saver. Either the Arrma one, or the stiffer Kimbrough one.
As a matter of fact, watch Razors newest video. If you have a Spektrum Firma 100 ESC you can update the firmware and the new firmware has an adjustable BEC. Can change BEC from 6v to 7.4v

I didn't even think about that, ha, yes, just update your firmware and you get 7.4V for free! Though you will have to spend $30 on the programming card. :( Probably worth it to have the programming card anyway if you plan on buying more Arrmas.

A Firma 130 or even a 150 from JennysRC is cheaper than a Hobbywing Max10sct. I put a Spektrum Firma 150 from Jennys in my Big Rock and run it on 4s.
Go to JennysRC and look at the 6s Arrma rigs and you will find a Spektrum Firma 150. Or look at the Losi Tenacity Pro for a Firma 130 for $69. It says Dynamite Fuze Smart 130 ESC but it's the same as a Spektrum Firma 130.
Great info!! Sweet
Uh no, you need a servo saver. Either the Arrma one, or the stiffer Kimbrough one.

I didn't even think about that, ha, yes, just update your firmware and you get 7.4V for free! Though you will have to spend $30 on the programming card. :( Probably worth it to have the programming card anyway if you plan on buying more Arrmas.
Do u care to explain what 7.4v helps or hurts. Is it just more power being given to whats taking it? Sry I just don't know

Sry I'll watch video first. Duh. My bad. U prob explain in it

Last edited:
Great info!! Sweet

Do u care to explain what 7.4v helps or hurts. Is it just more power being given to whats taking it? Sry I just don't know

Sry I'll watch video first. Duh. My bad. U prob explain in it
The BEC(battery eliminator circut) runs your servo and fans. An adjustable BEC allows you to use a HV servo. At 7.4v your servo will have more torque and speed. And your fans will spin faster. Of course you have to be sure that your servo and fans can handle the higher voltage. The stock Spektrum S651 servo is not a high voltage servo so you cannot run it on 7.4v. Stock servo must stay on 6v.

Last edited:
The BEC(battery eliminator circut) runs your servo and fans. An adjustable BEC allows you to use a HV servo. At 7.4v your servo will have more torque and speed. And your fans will spin faster. Of course you have to be sure that your servo and fans can handle the higher voltage. The stock Spektrum S651 servo is not a high voltage servo so you cannot run it on 7.4v. Stock servo must stay on 6v.
While this is an old thread, the S651 also operates on 7.4v

Screenshot_20221210-215314.jpg

While this is an old thread, the S651 also operates on 7.4v

View attachment 261712
No it does not run on 7.4v. Look at the specs that you posted. It has a maximum of 7.2v and while .2v is not much, running the S651 on 7.4v for a prolonged time will burn out the servo which isn't even that good of a servo to begin with. That's why people are always replacing them. They are junk RTR servos that fail at a high rate. I sure wouldn't run them at a higher voltage than they are meant to run.

No it does not run on 7.4v. Look at the specs that you posted. It has a maximum of 7.2v and while .2v is not much, running the S651 on 7.4v for a prolonged time will burn out the servo which isn't even that good of a servo to begin with. That's why people are always replacing them. They are junk RTR servos that fail at a high rate. I sure wouldn't run them at a higher voltage than they are meant to run.
Their own description is misleading too then.

Also, only the 6S and plus cars run on 7.4v BEC voltage out of the box. 3S line needs to upgrade ESC firmware to be able to change the bec to 7.4v, so while they break their servos, I think thats because a car of the size of Vorteks/Granite/Big Rock, needs better servo that one which pulls ~6kg.

Its super interesting tho, because the Spektrum S652, their next one and which is used in bigger Arrma cars, that actually also run potentially on 7.4v BEC by default (lazy to check manuals right now) is also advertised as 7.2v input voltage. So those might be breaking on those bigger cars too.

Their own description is misleading too then.

Also, only the 6S and plus cars run on 7.4v BEC voltage out of the box. 3S line needs to upgrade ESC firmware to be able to change the bec to 7.4v, so while they break their servos, I think thats because a car of the size of Vorteks/Granite/Big Rock, needs better servo that one which pulls ~6kg.

Its super interesting tho, because the Spektrum S652, their next one and which is used in bigger Arrma cars, that actually also run potentially on 7.4v BEC by default (lazy to check manuals right now) is also advertised as 7.2v input voltage. So those might be breaking on those bigger cars too.
The S652 does fail in the heavier 6s rigs. Not as much as the S651 in the 3s rigs, but it does fail and as a RTR servo it also needs upgraded. But, people have great luck running the S652 in the lighter 3s rigs.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back