Arrma Granite, Senton, Typhon, Big Rock Crew Cab and Vorteks shock upgrades.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok I might need to get a 3d printer now. Did you have to design them yourself?

I have two Vorteks with 6s shocks ready to install so I need a solution. I like the idea of being able to build my own bits. Lots of applications for it. What 3d printer do you have and what do you recommen?
I did design it myself. Lucky enough to have 3d modeling software through work being an engineer. I was also able to squeeze in a couple pieces on a print i was doing for work. It was on a Stratasys printer (Not something you’d think about buying for home!) i also misspoke, i printed it out of CF12. A Stratasys carbon fiber type material that can be printed via some of their FDM printers. I’m happy to share the model file if anyone wants it. Wish i owned the $100k+ printer to print some more off for others!

I’m by no means an expert but based on my knowledge/research I’ve been thinking about getting an Ender 3 or Ender 5 to play with at home. A few colleges have them and felt they were solid for an entry level Hobby printer.

@Velodromed may can give the place he found them. It was a smaller website. I looked but found local. But I can't remember the site
Hmmm, it was Tony’s hobbies But I don’t see that they have any right now.
Amain hobby does though it looks like…

913162BD-4889-4642-8F23-9AAAFEE16944.png

Hi guys, I just ordered a set of Kraton shocks while under the assumption they’d fit the Big Rock. Completely missed that I only needed the front for the rear and Mojave’s for the front… As those are impossible to find I’m eager to know if I could just use the Kraton’s an all fours…they’re quite a bit longer and I’ve read about the potential driveline risks so don’t want to ruin anything on my first run. Any ideas/tips or should I just keep on the lookout for Mojave or Typhon shocks for the front..

Hi guys, I just ordered a set of Kraton shocks while under the assumption they’d fit the Big Rock. Completely missed that I only needed the front for the rear and Mojave’s for the front… As those are impossible to find I’m eager to know if I could just use the Kraton’s an all fours…they’re quite a bit longer and I’ve read about the potential driveline risks so don’t want to ruin anything on my first run. Any ideas/tips or should I just keep on the lookout for Mojave or Typhon shocks for the front..
They will work even if a bit longer. I run longer ZD Racing shocks alot. Put em on see how u like then u can change it up from there.

I've often said, the stock 3s shocks perform well, the main reason to upgrade is durability. So, I think using both front and rear Kraton shocks may be a performance downgrade. The Kraton 6s rears are 20mm longer, the fronts are 15mm longer. You're going to significantly raise your center of gravity and will rollover more easily. I use Tekno shocks. Front and rears are 7mm longer and I can already feel the difference. But I primarily jump, so I'm willing to trade some handling for more cushion and shock travel.

Typhon front shocks (104mm) are actually a better fit lengthwise than the Mojave fronts (108mm). The reason some prefer the Mojave's is they come with stiffer springs that are better suited to the 3s line. You can upgrade the Typhon springs or just add more preload. Either way I think they will perform better than excessively long Kraton shocks.

If you're not breaking your stock 3s shocks. Maybe just use the Kraton fronts in the rear for now, until front upgrades become available.

Thanks for your replies, very valuable information. I agree the standard shocks are quite good, although not as tough as the steel ones. Bent one of two already which is no problem of course since we’re bashin!! 😉
I’m gonna try both and see how it handles for my taste, using the fronts as rears and waiting for a set of shorter ones seems like a good secondary option. Cheers!

If you're going for more of a monster truck, then longer shocks would be the answer. But I've always questioned ZD Racing shocks as an upgrade. Not only is the added length bad for handling, they also have 3mm thick shock shafts, the same as stock. (1/8 scale shocks are generally 4mm thick.) Since the ZD shafts are longer, they are probably more prone to snapping than stock. So, both performance and durability wise, stock may be better.

Remember that you can shorten the extended length of the shocks (6S Kraton or otherwise) with short lengths of fuel tubing on the shock shafts under the pistons. Basically top out spacers.

Folks also prefer the Mojave 6S fronts because they're usually 1/2 the price of Typhon shocks from the kit breakers (for now at least).....

I did design it myself. Lucky enough to have 3d modeling software through work being an engineer. I was also able to squeeze in a couple pieces on a print i was doing for work. It was on a Stratasys printer (Not something you’d think about buying for home!) i also misspoke, i printed it out of CF12. A Stratasys carbon fiber type material that can be printed via some of their FDM printers. I’m happy to share the model file if anyone wants it. Wish i owned the $100k+ printer to print some more off for others!

I’m by no means an expert but based on my knowledge/research I’ve been thinking about getting an Ender 3 or Ender 5 to play with at home. A few colleges have them and felt they were solid for an entry level Hobby printer.
Do you happen to have a link to that file?

Or does someone have the dimensions of the Axial bushings?

Are you just looking for dimensions to make your own? You can use any decent tubing. Either measure the pivot balls for the size or measure the space in which they go.
I'm waiting on a set of these shocks to come in was just gonna model and print a set of bushing before they got here.

I'm waiting on a set of these shocks to come in was just gonna model and print a set of bushing before they got here.
You can also use nitro fuel line.

Thanks guys!
The dimensions are literally in the name of the bushings. Axial 7.5x8mm Silicone Shock Bushings. https://www.amainhobbies.com/axial-...oRmW8LmWJukrNA9WCPwxy4vX3Xh9GUSMaAqDFEALw_wcB

What I find nice is that Axial continues to make these bushings even though the 2 vehicles they were made for have long been discontinued along with most of their parts.
Doh! I didnt see that at all...Sigh...
Well atleast I know my new calipers are correct. Lol
Lol, well thats a win.

Back