Arrma Granite, Senton, Typhon, Big Rock Crew Cab and Vorteks shock upgrades.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Poly tube maybe for bushings. I used medical hose. She was great. I mean it worked great. Like whats on a nebulizer machine.

*Question*
What's the diff between the 3 diff listed shocks from kraton kratonexb noto?
The price.

I have ZD shocks in my big rock V3, I interested about the spring that you fitted in your big rock (AR330532 and AR330533), but what they differ from stock big rock springs (front AR330538 – rear AR330539)? With these springs you have improved your model?

I have ZD shocks in my big rock V3, I interested about the spring that you fitted in your big rock (AR330532 and AR330533), but what they differ from stock big rock springs (front AR330538 – rear AR330539)? With these springs you have improved your model?
U asking me bud? Which springs?

Does anyone have experience with the Hyper SS shocks??
I have only seen guys talk about them on Facebook, but they seemed to like them.

So I bought the 6s shocks and TA yellow springs for my 3s Typhon. What am I missing here? I can't imagine you guys are running them like this. These are the Notorious fronts.

TA springs part# 81226 front and 81232 rear

Any help would be appreciated.

20211030_230848.jpg

So I bought the 6s shocks and TA yellow springs for my 3s Typhon. What am I missing here? I can't imagine you guys are running them like this. These are the Notorious fronts.

TA springs part# 81226 front and 81232 rear

Any help would be appreciated.

View attachment 177111

Requires:
To work on the RC8B3 and RC8B3e Big Bore 1:8 shocks, these springs require the #81221 Spring Collars and #81194 Spring Cups .
You may have purchased the wrong ones.

Requires:
To work on the RC8B3 and RC8B3e Big Bore 1:8 shocks, these springs require the #81221 Spring Collars and #81194 Spring Cups .
You may have purchased the wrong ones
I'm confused, sorry. I'm wanting to run the Arrma 6s shocks and I read that I needed to buy the TA yellow springs. I found the part numbers for the springs here on the site somewhere. The springs fit the cups/collars on the 6s Typhon front shocks i bought, although they rub on the shock body as they cycle because they are a smaller diameter than the stock springs.

Looks like i did in fact buy the wrong springs. These are the springs I need. Just fyi for anyone else doing the conversion.
Screenshot_20211031-172905_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
I finally got my two sets of 6S Shocks for my Granite and my Big Rock from Jennys RC.
Now im thinking of what type of oil i should fill them with for bashing?

Or is it more important to change the springs?

Should i use the standart 500cSt of the 3S line?

I just got the 6S shocks for the Vorteks. I can't get those bushings anywhere in Canada easily. I think I'll hit up a local fastener store and see what I can find. Now for springs... I think I'll take them to my LHS and just see what I can get that's close. The shocks look and feel great, just need the right springs and bushings/spacers to mount them so the drive shaft doesn't rub the spring.

I just got the 6S shocks for the Vorteks. I can't get those bushings anywhere in Canada easily. I think I'll hit up a local fastener store and see what I can find. Now for springs... I think I'll take them to my LHS and just see what I can get that's close. The shocks look and feel great, just need the right springs and bushings/spacers to mount them so the drive shaft doesn't rub the spring.
U can use nitro fuel tubing. Or I used medical grade tube. Worked just as good as these bushings. I run 60wt.
I finally got my two sets of 6S Shocks for my Granite and my Big Rock from Jennys RC.
Now im thinking of what type of oil i should fill them with for bashing?

Or is it more important to change the springs?

Should i use the standart 500cSt of the 3S line?
I like 60wt. Good rebound without bouncing the truck every which way

Nitro fuel line works.
So I ended up printing some spacers out in ASA to get rid of the slop in the top mount of the 6s Typhon shocks on my Big Rock. Fairly snug, maybe 1mm of play remains (vs. the 4-5mm with the rubber bushings!).

I slid one of these into each side of the shock for a total of 8. We'll see how long they last!
1637692134509.png

1637692191980.png

So I ended up printing some spacers out in ASA to get rid of the slop in the top mount of the 6s Typhon shocks on my Big Rock. Fairly snug, maybe 1mm of play remains (vs. the 4-5mm with the rubber bushings!).

I slid one of these into each side of the shock for a total of 8. We'll see how long they last!
View attachment 181594
View attachment 181595
Ok I might need to get a 3d printer now. Did you have to design them yourself?

I have two Vorteks with 6s shocks ready to install so I need a solution. I like the idea of being able to build my own bits. Lots of applications for it. What 3d printer do you have and what do you recommen?

Back