Granite Arrma Granite V3 MEGA 550 or Granite 4x2 Boost advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Other option: go for the 3s blx and just run it on 2s batteries. The mega and boost have no realistic upgrade path as by the time you buy the motor ans esc to go 3s its almost at price of the blx not to mention drive trainbamd everythijg else thatd need to be changed.

Learned this problem my self with my sons typhon mega, shoulda spent the extra hundred so its not out grown in 6 months

Other option: go for the 3s blx and just run it on 2s batteries. The mega and boost have no realistic upgrade path as by the time you buy the motor ans esc to go 3s its almost at price of the blx not to mention drive trainbamd everythijg else thatd need to be changed.

Learned this problem my self with my sons typhon mega, shoulda spent the extra hundred so its not out grown in 6 months

Thanks. That was my original calculation as well. However at the current sale price, it's almost $200 difference between the Boost and BLX. I wasn't sure it the BLX was worth a near $200 premium.

I don't have any LIPO's right now. Does the BLX run OK on NIMH? I know the runtimes would be short.

Thanks. That was my original calculation as well. However at the current sale price, it's almost $200 difference between the Boost and BLX. I wasn't sure it the BLX was worth a near $200 premium.
If the kids already have megas, personally i would, but it'll be more than 200 cause batteries and a lipo charger if you don't have one already.

Something to grow into and not have to buy another one later and a mega to 6s is a jump if you decide the upgrade time to skip 3s

Didn't know they had a typhon mega

I just ordered a Granite Boost and the 4x conversion. I figure I'm going to end up replacing electronics even if I got the BLX anyway, so might as well go cheap. With it currently on sale and AMain's storewide coupon, I almost had to do it. I have plenty of fast cars and this will be my first in the ARRMA 4x4 line (I have a v3 6s Kraton as well). And I like working on them as much if not more than driving them.
Should keep me entertained for a week or so before the 'MO POWA!!!' bug hits and I order something like a MAX10. :)

I just ordered a Granite Boost and the 4x conversion. I figure I'm going to end up replacing electronics even if I got the BLX anyway, so might as well go cheap. With it currently on sale and AMain's storewide coupon, I almost had to do it. I have plenty of fast cars and this will be my first in the ARRMA 4x4 line (I have a v3 6s Kraton as well). And I like working on them as much if not more than driving them.
Should keep me entertained for a week or so before the 'MO POWA!!!' bug hits and I order something like a MAX10. :)
I wouldn't 4x4 it till you upgrade. Others say their motors burn out. But they seem to change the pinion too. So. Who knows.

Have fun. Mine are 2wd. Enough fun for me.
Hard to drive on dirt. But work well in short grass and pavement.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back