Arrma Infraction 3D printed Pro Stock drag wing (updated)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was sticky when I got it and it never took paint. It took several days for the paint to dry and still came off when it was touched. The pieces in the photo were just the large ones. There were a few more smaller pieces as well. I mean, it just shattered like glass..I was actually shocked.
As far as pursuing this event any longer I'm going to put it in the rear view. I have more pressing issues in life at this moment. I'll give it another shot some other time ??

Its all good. Its most definitely a resin print. The stickyness needs to be cleaned with alcohol and resin needs to cure. Totally different type of 3d print FYI then posted here. Offer still stands though if you change your mind.

Again, not familiar with the process. Only the result. Failure.
If it was still sticky, that was uncured resin. You could have finished it before it broke, but now it’s too late. If that were to happen again, you need to wash it with isopropyl alcohol and then let it sit under UV light to cure. I guess direct sunlight would eventually cure it but that would take some time. A UV lamp would make it faster.

I'm not sure what you mean by saying that I "could have finished it". I purchased the piece already completed and ready for assembly and install upon receiving. Nothing was ever mentioned to me about any further process that should have, nor could have been done on my end.

I'm not sure what you mean by saying that I "could have finished it". I purchased the piece already completed and ready for assembly and install upon receiving. Nothing was ever mentioned to me about any further process that should have, nor could have been done on my end.
I’m not saying you should have had to finish it. The person who printed it should have done that. What I’m saying is if you’re in that position again, you could technically finish it. Just trying to give you some knowledge.

Thank you. It's a learning experience for me. In the future I will be able to notice that ,and take precautions that would at the least, decrease the chances of that happening again.

Thank you. It's a learning experience for me. In the future I will be able to notice that ,and take precautions that would at the least, decrease the chances of that happening again.
Honestly, I would ask for a replacement print or a refund. There’s no way you should have been sent an uncured print. ✌?

I am still learning myself. In general (even when cured properly) is SLA more fragile?
The PLA stuff I print is very flexible. Given this wing is mostly cosmetic I don't understand why print with more fragile materials...

The design and look is killer BTW. Are you painting them multiple colors or are you switching filament during the print to achieve the look?

I am still learning myself. In general (even when cured properly) is SLA more fragile?
The PLA stuff I print is very flexible. Given this wing is mostly cosmetic I don't understand why print with more fragile materials...

The design and look is killer BTW. Are you painting them multiple colors or are you switching filament during the print to achieve the look?

I don't personally have experience with SLA printing myself. I wanted too but seemed a lot of effort unless you're doing stuff like miniatures or small prints with high detail. I do know that cleaning/curing is required and I've seen other's post similar failures w/out curing. Not sure on actual strength when cured tho. But yeah in this instance even with resin it shouldn't see any kind of stresses outside of drifting into the wing sideways and hitting something so I think it would've been fine if cured properly. With the OP getting the print while still sticky (and paint wouldn't stick) tells me it was probably just printed and not completely cleaned/cured which is a part of the resin printing process for every print. hence a lot of work.

as far as the colors.. I am flipping filament. I originally just edited the gcode file to stick in filament changes but found a Octoprint plugin called Multicolors. I load the print, type in the layers I want to swap at, and it will recreate the print w/ layer changes plugged in. Super easy.

had to find other work... these hobbies ain't paying for themselves. :p
P1012003.JPG

Its all good. Its most definitely a resin print. The stickyness needs to be cleaned with alcohol and resin needs to cure. Totally different type of 3d print FYI then posted here. Offer still stands though if you change your mind.
Hello again! So, anger and despair gave dwindled away and I might be ready to re enter the 3d printing dating pool again??. Not an external piece this time, but I would like something I could mount a GPS in..a small box or something along those terms that would fit under the body somewhere, look cool and not be in danger of falling out or coming loose. That's all I really have for you right now. If you would be willing to invent such a discreet enclosure of some sort, or have any ideas, I'm all ears.. Thanks!!??

Hello again! So, anger and despair gave dwindled away and I might be ready to re enter the 3d printing dating pool again??. Not an external piece this time, but I would like something I could mount a GPS in..a small box or something along those terms that would fit under the body somewhere, look cool and not be in danger of falling out or coming loose. That's all I really have for you right now. If you would be willing to invent such a discreet enclosure of some sort, or have any ideas, I'm all ears.. Thanks!!??

Good to see you back so soon. :)
I did create such a thing already if you have a SkyRC GSM-020. ;) I don't own any other GPS to get measurements off of but someone posted a 015 version here also.

I have something that is already designed for the Garmin forerunner 101,202, and 301 if you are interested.
1589401623451.png

Attachments

• 1589401623935.png
    1589401623935.png
    823.1 KB · Views: 37
Where are they being mounted?
Because it was made to mount with the zip ties it is easy to attach to the battery straps or the roll over cage. Probably could attach it to the shock tower somewhere also.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back