Infraction arrma infraction 8s speed run fail.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Typhon 6s

love running this beast on 8s!
all goes well at first, but then my esc cuts out, after the run i noticed my tire was dislocated from the ball joint, and the pinion gear shifted separted from the spur gear on the motor
i did a speed run because i wanted to see what my gps would record, i recorded 60 peak speed, its going quicker than 60 BUT Thats because i prob let off throttle at the beginning, need to figure out why.

looks like i need to change some parts or attempt again
your thoughts?
8S is wicked fast

specs
blx 2050 kv
max6 esc hobbywing
2x4 lipo batteries 50C 14.2 volts 5000mah 7.4kwh
24 pinion 50 spur

Attachments

• IMG_1856.JPG
    IMG_1856.JPG
    246.9 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_1854.JPG
    IMG_1854.JPG
    268.2 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_1848.JPG
    IMG_1848.JPG
    314 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_1853.JPG
    IMG_1853.JPG
    284.2 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_1847.JPG
    IMG_1847.JPG
    348 KB · Views: 72

love running this beast on 8s!
all goes well at first, but then my esc cuts out, after the run i noticed my tire was dislocated from the ball joint, and the pinion gear shifted separted from the spur gear on the motor
i did a speed run because i wanted to see what my gps would record, i recorded 60 peak speed, its going quicker than 60 BUT Thats because i prob let off throttle at the beginning, need to figure out why.

looks like i need to change some parts or attempt again
your thoughts?
8S is wicked fast

specs
blx 2050 kv
max6 esc hobbywing
2x4 lipo batteries 50C 14.2 volts 5000mah 7.4kwh
24 pinion 50 spur
You should hitting 100 mph with that gearing on 8S.

Last edited:
It's fast for sure. If you let off at 60 mph then got back into the throttle and went faster, the GPS should have picked that up and recored a faster speed.

You should consider the Limitless spool too. ??
I have that. I haven't used it yet. My hobby guys tell me ill lose acceleration, but gain top end. And that the tires will all spin at the same time, also that with the limitless spool, i wont be able to drift because of the differential sending power to all 4 tires at once.
I figured out why it cut out, it was my antenna iost signal

I have that. I haven't used it yet. My hobby guys tell me ill lose acceleration, but gain top end. And that the tires will all spin at the same time, also that with the limitless spool, i wont be able to drift because of the differential sending power to all 4 tires at once.
I figured out why it cut out, it was my antenna iost signal
Yeah if you’re drifting, stick to the diff. If you’re going speed running, use the spool.

That actually looks like 60mph to me. 90+ is going to shock you :love:
We have seen quite few of these threads lately. The hobbywing ESCs are not good for speedruns, they cut out from amperage limits. I have yet to see one on this forum break 100mph, but creeping into the 90's is possible.

Your current gearing "could" peak around 75mph. If you want to play with speed more I recommend going with the Limitless spool.
Watch motor temps closely after each pass. You are running much more voltage through that motor than the "norm"

Been watching this for a couple weeks now... its getting close.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200129-222008_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200129-222008_Samsung Internet.jpg
    308.3 KB · Views: 65
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back