Arrma Infraction GP5 15/42 Gear Mesh Issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jondilly1974

Speed running apprentice, motor Slayer 🤘
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon 3s
So I decided to wrench on my Infraction V2 today and start getting it ready for when the weather breaks. No NFL and six inches of snow falling, so what else is there to do. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤣

My issue is these brand new 15/42 gears are really tight and notchy. I even put two shims on the bearing opposite the ring gear to try and loosen the mesh a tad but they are still very tight. I am hoping they wear a little and break in, but right now they are more stiff than I would like.

Anyone else have these issues with the 15/42 GP5 diff gears?

So I decided to wrench on my Infraction V2 today and start getting it ready for when the weather breaks. No NFL and six inches of snow falling, so what else is there to do. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤣

My issue is these brand new 15/42 gears are really tight and notchy. I even put two shims on the bearing opposite the ring gear to try and loosen the mesh a tad but they are still very tight. I am hoping they wear a little and break in, but right now they are more stiff than I would like.

Anyone else have these issues with the 15/42 GP5 diff gears?
Hey brother I have a set of those gears for you. I ordered the wrong ones by accident and don't want to bother sending them back. They are yours. Is the pinion pressed all the way in? I have come across a few times changing bearings that the bearing didn't seat all the way in.

Hey brother I have a set of those gears for you. I ordered the wrong ones by accident and don't want to bother sending them back. They are yours. Is the pinion pressed all the way in? I have come across a few times changing bearings that the bearing didn't seat all the way in.
Brand new Fast Eddy bearings and I pushed them in until they stopped. I squeezed the input gear and cup together as much as I could by hand before tightening the grub on the cup. I also wiped out the housing before putting the bearings in. I am probably going to run a pack thru it on a block and then open it up again and check it. Worst case I swap them back to 13/43 gears.

Brand new Fast Eddy bearings and I pushed them in until they stopped. I squeezed the input gear and cup together as much as I could by hand before tightening the grub on the cup. I also wiped out the housing before putting the bearings in. I am probably going to run a pack thru it on a block and then open it up again and check it. Worst case I swap them back to 13/43 gears.
I figured you are as OCD as I lol. Just means it's gonna be a good set lol

Looks like others are finding their 42 tooth ring gears are actually 45 tooth. Going to have to pull mine again and count them.

What??? That's not good
False alarm. Mine are 42T for sure.

0509AD1C-9A77-4679-BC62-1FD1B17A7C71.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back