Arrma limitlessl

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freshwatts

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Granite
  3. Limitless
Practically locks up when I put the Diff cover on housing in the rear has anyone else had this issue ive had my limiless for 3 years ive never had this issue

Practically locks up when I put the Diff cover on housing in the rear has anyone else had this issue ive had my limiless for 3 years ive never had this issue
Not saying this is your issue. I only had a 6S diff lock when I added too many shims. Example... I want to take out some of the side-side movement/play out once in the diff, and I had one too many shims on the ring gear side, or I have bad bent shims I am trying to reuse, or the shims were too thick needed lower thickness, etc.

The locking came in from above when I put the diff cover on and began to tighten down the 4 diff cover screws, it did not turn freely, was hard to turn, or was very catchy as it turned and stopped at certain spots. Removing a shim or the badly bent shim fixed that issue.

I can only count on one time of all the 6S rigs I own where I had to replace the diff housing..which was bad. Visibly nothing wrong I could see, but when I swapped to a new diff housing, it all was good. In that case, I assumed it must be worn and had very fine tolerances that made it that way when tightened down. Again, only had that to happen once. The example above often happens if using too many shims.

I could be totally off...sharing my similar experience until the vets chime in (y)

Not saying this is your issue. I only had a 6S diff lock when I added too many shims. Example... I want to take out some of the side-side movement/play out once in the diff, and I had one too many shims on the ring gear side, or I have bad bent shims I am trying to reuse, or the shims were too thick needed lower thickness, etc.

The locking came in from above when I put the diff cover on and began to tighten down the 4 diff cover screws, it did not turn freely, was hard to turn, or was very catchy as it turned and stopped at certain spots. Removing a shim or the badly bent shim fixed that issue.

I can only count on one time of all the 6S rigs I own where I had to replace the diff housing..which was bad. Visibly nothing wrong I could see, but when I swapped to a new diff housing, it all was good. In that case, I assumed it must be worn and had very fine tolerances that made it that way when tightened down. Again, only had that to happen once. The example above often happens if using too many shims.

I could be totally off...sharing my similar experience until the vets chime in (y)
i found the issue my ring gear was bent im not sure how u bend a ring gear but ok & thank you for your help much appreciated

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back