Arrma making changes on Kraton 8s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hard to keep up with you when you keep editing and adding on to your posts.

Yes, I ran the stock chassis. I have a video of it that has over 13,000 views. But I had planned on buying an aftermarket chassis as soon as one was available and this was before I even had my hands in the truck. Why? Because I knew that for $899 I wasn't getting a 7075 chassis from Arrma. And also because of how I bash and the fact that I've bent EVERY 6S Arrma chassis that I own including the Mojave I just bought. It's just the way it is. I just factor in an M2C chassis as part of the cost when I buy an Arrma (even though I'm going to try and get away with the stock Mojave chassis). Also, if you think this K8S chassis is flawes then you have to think every other 6S Arrma chassis is flawed. Personally I think the bracing for the K8S was flawed and that's what they fixed. It can also be fixed with $30 worth of CF tubing.
I believe everything you've said. I'm just amazed that you're so positive about it. May I ask if you e ever owned a non arrma basher or racer? Been in the hobby a long time?

I believe everything you've said. I'm just amazed that you're so positive about it. May I ask if you e ever owned a non arrma basher or racer?
3 Losi's and an HPI.

Hard for me to get upset about these changes when I would have gotten the M2C chassis anyway. I don't use the RTR radios so that doesn't bother me either. I gave my DX2e to the hobby shop. And when it comes to resale value, I've never even considered it when buying an RC. I don't think I would sell a truck. I'd just beat it to death or give it to someone.

If you want to call me a fanboy, that's fine. Won't be the first time and it won't be the last. I think Arrma delivers a lot of value for the money. It's not world class but I know that going in. What I do think is that it's one of the best brands you can buy for the money.

3 Losi's and an HPI.

Hard for me to get upset about these changes when I would have gotten the M2C chassis anyway. I don't use the RTR radios so that doesn't bother me either. I gave my DX2e to the hobby shop. And when it comes to resale value, I've never even considered it when buying an RC. I don't think I would sell a truck. I'd just beat it to death or give it to someone.

If you want to call me a fanboy, that's fine. Won't be the first time and it won't be the last. I think Arrma delivers a lot of value for the money. It's not world class but I know that going in. What I do think is that it's one of the best brands you can buy for the money.
definately one of the best brands for the money. Most other brands are more expensive so it's hard to kill that stat. I totally understand why you in your situation don't care about flaws. Probably shouldn't tell others they are wrong for caring though. Or that they are wrong about them when arrma is even admitting to it by adding the changes. Have a good one buddy.

definately one of the best brands for the money. Most other brands are more expensive so it's hard to kill that stat. I totally understand why you in your situation don't care about flaws. Probably shouldn't tell others they are wrong for caring though. Or that they are wrong about them when arrma is even admitting to it by adding the changes. Have a good one buddy.
It's all good ??? And I have no problem with the early adopters being chaffed. The only issue I have is when someone who would have gotten an aftermarket chassis anyway is complaining they they got screwed by this new bracing (not saying you are, but Facebook is full of them). No hard feelings! We are all enthusiasts!

It's all good ??? And I have no problem with the early adopters being chaffed. The only issue I have is when someone who would have gotten an aftermarket chassis anyway is complaining they they got screwed by this new bracing (not saying you are, but Facebook is full of them). No hard feelings! We are all enthusiasts!
I'm somewhat new to arrma and also new to replacing chassis so I havnt replaced mine yet. Cant justify a part that adds zero to the fun factor but costs 22% of the cost of a new truck. I've only bashed lightly but I have cracked the front bumper and bent a shock shaft. besides the loctite that's all I've personally ran into just doing backyard bashing mostly for gearing tests. When the weather changes the carnage begins. I have a nice corner berm at the local track that launches my cars 40ft or so.

I'm somewhat new to arrma and also new to replacing chassis so I havnt replaced mine yet. Cant justify a part that adds zero to the fun factor but costs 22% of the cost of a new truck. I've only bashed lightly but I have cracked the front bumper and bent a shock shaft. besides the loctite that's all I've personally ran into just doing backyard bashing mostly for gearing tests. When the weather changes the carnage begins. I have a nice corner berm at the local track that launches my cars 40ft or so.
You will have your supporters (or anti Bickety supporters) when it comes to this. I didn't realize this was your first Arrma. The actual upgrades needed as a percentage of the original cost of this car is less than the 6S trucks but no one will cop to that. Add up shock towers, both chassis braces, ackerman plate, a chassis and a servo mount for a 6S truck and figure out what that percentage is of $550. You might want to include the cost of replacement radio considering the STX is infinitely worse that the DX2e.

You will have your supporters (or anti Bickety supporters) when it comes to this. I didn't realize this was your first Arrma. The actual upgrades needed as a percentage of the original cost of this car is less than the 6S trucks but no one will cop to that. Add up shock towers, both chassis braces, ackerman plate, a chassis and a servo mount for a 6S truck and figure out what that percentage is of $550. You might want to include the cost of replacement radio considering the STX is infinitely worse that the DX2e.
Just out of curiosity, how much/what do you think you need to put into the k8 to make it @bicketybam worthy?

For something like the outcast, if you want to run hard, you at least need:
M2C chassis - $130
M2c Chassis braces - $50
M2C towers - $100
M2C ackerman bar - $15
Total: $295 ~ 54% of the original trucks cost

For me, it was a bit more as I had the v2 and added the HR motor mount/top plate/x brace as well. To me, that was a necessity at the time. Taking the entire center block out to swap pinions/set mesh sucked.

Just out of curiosity, how much/what do you think you need to put into the k8 to make it @bicketybam worthy?

For something like the outcast, if you want to run hard, you at least need:
M2C chassis - $130
M2c Chassis braces - $50
M2C towers - $100
M2C ackerman bar - $15
Total: $295 ~ 54% of the original trucks cost

For me, it was a bit more as I had the v2 and added the HR motor mount/top plate/x brace as well. To me, that was a necessity at the time. Taking the entire center block out to swap pinions/set mesh sucked.
Chassis and carbon fiber tubing. Roughly $230.

so Aluminum center rear brace, center tower, aluminum top front and top rear braces, radio and possibly rear bulkhead.

so Aluminum center rear brace, center tower, aluminum top front and top rear braces, radio and possibly rear bulkhead.
I compiled this list by reviewing the exploded views - screw set is not available on their page at this stage
1583009213880.png

So a few months after release they come up with a better version.
And now the early adopters have to pay for the upgrades, or what?
LOL?
Truly unheard of, right? ? This never happens I'm any other industry ?

Truly unheard of, right? ? This never happens I'm any other industry ?
any vehicle related industry? usually recall to my knowledge

computer - apple is known to have replacement programs in place when they identify issues to get their customers onto the working one or add free repairs for this so when it breaks/causes harm they will remediate - seen similar with Dell and Lenovo

for models I have seen similar behaviour from Align in the past sending out upgraded parts to early adopters

so you tell me ... this seems very soon after initial release batch 2.5/3 even?

any vehicle related industry? usually recall to my knowledge

computer - apple is known to have replacement programs in place when they identify issues to get their customers onto the working one or add free repairs for this so when it breaks/causes harm they will remediate - seen similar with Dell and Lenovo

for models I have seen similar behaviour from Align in the past sending out upgraded parts to early adopters

so you tell me ... this seems very soon after initial release batch 2.5/3 even?
They didn't label it as a flaw/recall. HH stated as such. And they are offering $65 worth of parts for $25. That's roughly the cost of a pair of suspension arms, which will eventually break.

Everyone will have their own opinion on this and that's fine. I'm sorry you're upset about it. I say just run the truck and enjoy. It's so much fun ???

They didn't label it as a flaw/recall. HH stated as such. And they are offering $65 worth of parts for $25. That's roughly the cost of a pair of suspension arms, which will eventually break.

Everyone will have their own opinion on this and that's fine. I'm sorry you're upset about it. I say just run the truck and enjoy. It's so much fun ???
OK, so where did you find the generic announcement/statement from Arrma/HH on the changes or that they are offering the upgraded parts to all early adopters at $25? at this stage I know that someone on here got this response from HH support which is far from generic and available to all or announced - if this is indeed the case I would say its acceptable until then ...

OK, so where did you find the generic announcement/statement from HH on the changes or that they are offering the upgraded parts to all early adopters at $25? at this stage I know that someone on here got this response which is far from generic and available to all or announced - if this is indeed the case I would say its acceptable until then ...
I think all you need to do is ask. I've seen several get this offer.

I think all you need to do is ask. I've seen several get this offer.
I have notice from at least 13 people outside the US where direct access to HH had not been granted so this potentially goes LHS--> distributor -->HH - not sure what the chances will be based on the different experiences people have expressed ... hence unless there is something official there is no guarantee how this is being handled

edit: sent an email to my folks at the LHS - lets see what they come back with ...

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back