Arrma Notorious 6s - Will not power on at all.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnRCGuy1050

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I need a little help as I am confused.

I just got done with school and got around to replacing my steering block that broke on my Notorious a couple of months ago. After that was done, I (balance)-charged my batteries and plugged it in... and nothing happened. (Batteries were in storage mode before this.) The car was working fine the last time I turned it on.

What may have happened and where do I start? I have two 3s batteries plugged in. I already tried unplugging the motor to see if that was the cause - no change in results. Also tried unplugging one of the batteries with no change in result. What else should I try, or, what may be the cause? Bad ESC? Could something have gone bad from sitting too long? Thanks in advance.

IMG_20240516_135456 - Copy.jpg

Last edited:
While anything can happen the odds aren't in favor of something going bad just sitting for a few. I'd check over all your connections from receiver to esc, esc and on. Check for any dirty/corroded connections. Pushed or broken pin in connectors. Broken wire, etc
I'll try to do that right now. Kinda cramped so I'm a little clueless. Guessing I have to take it apart a little?

Did batts showed fully charged when you took them off the charger? Do you have a different battery to try?
They did - I do not have a different battery to try.

Yea, if nothings coming on and batts were fully charged, then it's most likely a wiring issue somewhere. Good luck.

If the voltage on both batteries is good, like others have mentioned check your wiring, you can also try to unplug the ESC from the Receiver + any fans and turn it on (just to rule all that stuff out). Did it get put away wet? Might have gotten some water where it should not have.

Any chance you have another ESC you could try?

Yea, if nothings coming on and batts were fully charged, then it's most likely a wiring issue somewhere. Good luck.
If the voltage on both batteries is good, like others have mentioned check your wiring, you can also try to unplug the ESC from the Receiver + any fans and turn it on (just to rule all that stuff out). Did it get put away wet? Might have gotten some water where it should not have.

Any chance you have another ESC you could try?

I don't remember if it got put away wet honestly. Good question. I'll look through my pictures in a bit.

Okay, so I've open the receiver box and unscrewed the ESC out. I see one possible problem point, just wanted to confirm. The connection on the side of the ESC seems slightly corroded... I don't have another ESC - maybe I might have to buy one. I attached a couple pictures. Could it be that?

IMG_20240516_191529.jpg

IMG_20240516_193417.jpg

Last edited:
That connector is just for the fan, if corroded it might make it so the fans don't work but it should still turn on.

Looks like the rig has seen some water, kind of the luck of the draw on that one. The "water resistant" ESC's are usually not so much and if any water makes its way to the internals it's usually game over. That being said, some people do get lucky.

That connector is just for the fan, if corroded it might make it so the fans don't work but it should still turn on.

Looks like the rig has seen some water, kind of the luck of the draw on that one. The "water resistant" ESC's are usually not so much and if any water makes its way to the internals it's usually game over. That being said, some people do get lucky.
It has seen water but nothing too deep (I think). Well, that's a bummer. Sounds like I'll need to take a trip to the RC shop. Not ideal as it is an hour away.

No dice with everything unplugged except the batteries? (should see the red light on the power switch come on when pressed).

Bummer about the hobby shop so far away, I would bring the old ESC (and the truck) with you and they would probably be happy to test it for you.

Also FYI, best not to leave those batteries fully charged for too long, storage charge for those if you can.

Have heard good things about the budget 8BL150, might be an option: https://www.amazon.com/HW-HOBBYWING-QUICRUN-WP-8BL150-G2/dp/B0CDYYXHBN

https://www.hobbywingdirect.com/products/quicrun-8bl150-combo-g2?variant=40912307781747

Last edited:
No dice with everything unplugged except the batteries? (should see the red light on the power switch come on when pressed).

Bummer about the hobby shop so far away, I would bring the old ESC (and the truck) with you and they would probably be happy to test it for you.

Also FYI, best not to leave those batteries fully charged for too long, storage charge for those if you can.

Have heard good things about the budget 8BL150, might be an option: https://www.amazon.com/HW-HOBBYWING-QUICRUN-WP-8BL150-G2/dp/B0CDYYXHBN

https://www.hobbywingdirect.com/products/quicrun-8bl150-combo-g2?variant=40912307781747
Tried to unplug them - they are firm in there and hard to get a good grip on. The batteries were storage charged shortly after the last run.

Yeah, I think I'll give them a call/pay them a visit tomorrow... I'll bring everything with me. Thanks for the help!

Last edited:
No problem.

Were the batteries left plugged in? What does your charger say the cell voltages are when you plugged them in?

Well, I took it to the RC Shop. They're gonna replace the ESC once they get it in and see if that solves it. He said the receiver and whatnot looks fine...

Batteries are also balanced and good according to their tester. So, definitely not that, or my charger.

Well, I got the rig back. Turns out it was the ESC. They replaced it with a new one and the thing works perfectly now.

Now, I've got another small problem... One of the rods that hold the centerpiece in the picture went missing during my last run. I think that pin went. What is it called? So I can order. Or I might use a paper clip that's long enough or something I can bend.

Back