Horizon Hobby will not fix faulty BR6s ESC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leakywellie

Reaction score
So horizon hobby emailed to tell me there is a firmware fix for the Big Rock 6s esc fault but I have to pay for a program card to fix it for them or ask if my lhs will do the upgrade for them. Failing that I have to send in the esc which I will do if they send me a prepaid shipping label.
My truck was bought direct from horizon so why should I even ask my lhs if they will fix the fault to save horizon doing it?
As far as I'm concerned that truck never worked out of box as advertised and therefore is not fit for purpose. They should at least send me a card on loan and prepaid so I can do the upgrade myself and return it.

I've been right where you are right now, when the felony dropped.. frustrating when, a legitimate known issue is disregarded and you are cast away like it's not a problem.. But then you see people getting warranty parts for crashing and breaking things, like what the hell kind of backwards, upsidedown meat heads operate the warranty/ service department ..

If I were you, and it sucks to have to do this, but call repeatedly every day and make a new service ticket.. eventually you have to get the person that warranties even crashed stuff..

If not, I'd return the whole rig and tell them to pound sand, you can get your kicks with someone else's rigs..

I love arrma rigs, but I absolutely loathe the service/ warranty department.. it's like pulling teeth to get legitimate warranty claims..

Wish you the best of luck, but don't hold your breath..

No I wouldn't do that, I'm 100% an honest guy. Horizon hobby should be completely responsible to fix their fault.

Where are you located?
If you're local to me , I'd be happy to let you borrow my programmer to do this FW update.

I do believe Arrma / Horizon need to make this right

The new v2 esc is described:
“The ESC has been updated to deliver more punch and an improved driving feel”

But Instead it’s a worse driving feel!!!

Maybe if enough people reach out to them they’ll have to do something 🤷‍♂️

I do believe Arrma / Horizon need to make this right

The new v2 esc is described:
“The ESC has been updated to deliver more punch and an improved driving feel”

But Instead it’s a worse driving feel!!!

Maybe if enough people reach out to them they’ll have to do something 🤷‍♂️

I smell a class-action lawsuit rolling up on HH/Arrma..

Class action over feelings? 😂

You want rock bottom prices but want Horizon to maintain a department to update firmware? I'm a little lost at that idea, go to an LHS as suggested or if you are serious about the hobby get a programmer, won't be the last update.

I understand the frustration but need to get a reality check. You want to change settings anyway, good luck without a programmer.
Sorry venting, not personal.

Honestly the LHS is your best bet. Thats what they are made for. I understand the situation but just call your LHS and ask. Worst they can say is "no".

Im not saying that HH shouldnt do something about this because when I watched the youtube videos on the new FW update I knew updating it should be a problem. You should honestly call then and tell them either send you a new programming card or ESC. I am in Canada too and those programming card are like $50 sum dollars.

It's absolutely not a rock bottom priced truck, it is quite expensive. If they were sold at a discount in "As Is" condition then sure I'd expect to pay for any repairs.
This is a brand new truck that came with the fault already present because they were not tested properly before they were put on sale to hobbyists.
Why should any buyer have to pay to fix it? My truck came direct from Horizon Hobby so why should I have go to my lhs and plead with them to fix a truck that was not bought from them and who Horizon is not going to reimburse for doing those repairs?
As for changing esc settings that can easily be done on the truck itself without the program card. I've done it this way for years with my airplane and heli esc's no problem.

So horizon hobby emailed to tell me there is a firmware fix for the Big Rock 6s esc fault but I have to pay for a program card to fix it for them or ask if my lhs will do the upgrade for them. Failing that I have to send in the esc which I will do if they send me a prepaid shipping label.
My truck was bought direct from horizon so why should I even ask my lhs if they will fix the fault to save horizon doing it?
As far as I'm concerned that truck never worked out of box as advertised and therefore is not fit for purpose. They should at least send me a card on loan and prepaid so I can do the upgrade myself and return it.

Give me your address in Canada, and I will ship you my v2 box. It's brand spanking new. I haven't even taken the wrapper off yet. You can keep it, I have extra's. Deal?

Give me your address in Canada, and I will ship you my v2 box. It's brand spanking new. I haven't even taken the wrapper off yet. You can keep it, I have extra's. Deal?

@trunkmonkey1 is the most righteous dude!
🤠👍

Buy card from amazon, update firmware, return to amizon

IMG_8401.gif

Just heard that Horizon Hobby are giving a 20% discount on the v2 program card until some time early in the new year. For me that is 80% short of what they should offer. Apparently the code is Spektrum 238 and is valid until end of feb
Also I do not know for sure but it's quite possible the offer is only valid in the usa . It would not be the first time an offer is not valid in Canada. I am absolutely not impressed and I will not pay to fix their error on a brand new truck.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back