Senton Arrma Senton 3S Slipper Clutch Issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keitarono

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Senton 3s
I have gone through 2 center slippers already because they keep coming loose and burning themselves up. When I buy a new one I can never get it tight enough before I end up snapping the tightening screw right off inside the slipper. Is there a better, stronger slipper setup avalible for the arrma 3s vehicles? If not, is there a way to remove the center slipper clutch completely and just have the motor connected directly to the driveterrain? I know it would cause more stress to the driveterrain, but spending $50 everytime I snap a slipper screw really gets expensive. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Yeah, you are definitely doing something wrong for sure. 🤷‍♂️
I am no 4x4 expert. I am all 6s rigs. (no diffs), But on many of my other brand 1/10 rigs slippers can be a PIA if not done correctly. Pads will smoke real quick for sure.
No one removes that slipper that I know of. All this from the many 4x4 threads I've read.

Thanks, I assumed you had to remove it to tighten it but the videos explain it a lot better!

Also there is a slipper kit that has the screw and nut etc for $9.99 not sure why your buying a whole now slipper assembly everytime and wasting $30+

Little bit of threadlock on the screw facing the input gear will help. The newer slippers have a nut integrated to eliminate this issue and the input gear is shorter to compensate. either way should work. Make sure to let the threadlock set overnight.
Slipper pads are about $6 per set.

Also there is a slipper kit that has the screw and nut etc for $9.99 not sure why your buying a whole now slipper assembly everytime and wasting $30+
The reason I had to buy the new slipper was because, when the screw snaps off, it gets stuck in the aluminum hub part.

Yeah, you are definitely doing something wrong for sure. 🤷‍♂️
I am no 4x4 expert. I am all 6s rigs. (no diffs), But on many of my other brand 1/10 rigs slippers can be a PIA if not done correctly. Pads will smoke real quick for sure.
No one removes that slipper that I know of. All this from the many 4x4 threads I've read.

2B451F46-71BC-4D2E-B370-1DD42EA0BB69.jpeg

After the second time assembling/disassembling the slipper clutch, I found that the half of the hub that connects to the driveshaft had come off. I’m assuming this happened when I overtightened the screw, but I’m not sure. I think it works successfully now!

Back