SOLD / FOUND Arrma Talion v4 - ground up restoration - UK

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

walking_target

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Talion
Arrma Talion v4 in exceptionally good condition and has undergone a ground-up rebuild with many new EXB parts fitted to bring the car back to life again.

This car was in a sorry state when she came to me and I have really enjoyed the restoration and rebuild project, but I cannot justify having two Talions which is the reason for the sale.

This is a 100% ready-to-run setup which includes the car, 2 x 3S lipos and radio etc. Tested briefly on the tarmac yesterday and it is an absolute rocket! Handling is brilliant and it is a fantastic car.

In terms of what I have done and what comes with the car:
  • To begin, it has a thorough clean and dosed with GT85 with PTFE. Every part has been cleaned as it has been removed and reinstalled.
  • The 2 x Turnigy Heavy Duty 3S 5000mah batteries IR was coming out a 1 for each cell and they charge fine. Will be shipped storage charged.
  • The car will be shipped in a notorious box - because that is what I have spare.
  • New body including pins. A spare body that has seen better days also included which will be fine for bashing, but it does have splits at the front and back - hence the new one included.
  • Front body mounts/posts replaced with new.
  • New chassis installed which has a minor imperfection on the front end underneath the RPM bumper - which isn't visible with the bumper on.
  • All three diffs have been stripped down, thoroughly cleaned and fluids replaced. 60k in the front, 300k in the centre and 20k in the rear. All diffs, output gears etc are all in great condition with no noticeable wear and tear. Fitted diff assemblies have been greased inside the cases with water repellent grease.
  • New DS3225 servo installed with an Arrma/Spektrum 25T servo horn.
  • Complete new EXB steering rack and posts installed. The servo saver spring is shimmed with washers to remove the slop from the steering. This is, IMHO, a much better alternative to snap rings etc
  • New EXB top plate installed.
  • New EXB front upper pin mount installed.
  • New stock front and rear shock towers installed. EXB shock stand off's fitted to the rear shock tower to give a little more strength. I know some people like the stock ones and I can swap the EXB versions out and fit stock if you wish.
  • All shocks serviced and fluids replaced with 1000CST. Shock gaps do have a bit of wear and tear, but nothing that impacts performance.
  • RPM wing mount installed. The wing is a little tatty but loads of life left in it.
  • GPM chassis braces installed which are an upgrade from the stock plastic ones that were there.
  • RPM front bumper installed this morning, and the car has not been driven with it on.
  • New centre front dog-bone drive shaft installed.
  • New EXB tower-to-tower brace and brackets installed.
  • New battery tray and receiver box installed.
  • Tactic RX/TX which is a really good quality setup (which I have on my other Talion).
  • Virtually brand new Arrma BLX 185 ESC and 2050kv motor installed. Smooth running and no issues. Currently on a 16T pinion.
  • XT90 series lead is being used to go from one XT90 to two - which allows you to use 2 x 3S batteries or you can use a single single 4S or 6S as required without the adapter lead. Personally, I prefer a 2 x 3S setup but that's just my preference.
  • New EXB motor mount and top cover installed.
  • Rollover hoop installed with new EXB pins and clips.
  • New EXB tower-to-tower brace and diff case fittings/plates installed.
  • New stock ESC plate used and the ESC/switch are screwed on. ESC installed with a 3M double-sided pad in addition to the screws to give it some cushioning.
  • Various screws replaced around the car with stainless versions - I haven't changed all of them but quite a lot of them have been replaced.
  • Proline Badlands 3.8 mounted on black Raid 8x32 17mm hex wheels all around. Two are used but in good condition on the front, two brand new on the rear (fitted yesterday) and two spares. The spares were vented by someone who was a little keen and they have blown out as a result - so probably useful as backups just in case.
I am looking for £500 ONO (open to discussions on the price).

If you wish to pay through PayPal using goods and services, that will be an additional £17.20 to cover the PayPal fees. Shipping will be through Hermes and is likely to be around £15 signed-for - but that will be confirmed with the buyer when we get to that point.

I have a build thread on here at https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/talion-rescue-build.43643/ if you would like further information and photos of the rebuild and restoration.

20210910_102407717_iOS.jpg

20210910_102502296_iOS.jpg

20210910_102505248_iOS.jpg

20210910_102508166_iOS.jpg

20210910_102512752_iOS.jpg

20210910_102526444_iOS.jpg

20210910_102533666_iOS.jpg

20210910_102539886_iOS.jpg

20210910_102546923_iOS.jpg

20210910_102627725_iOS.jpg

Having seen this in the flesh I have to say OP has done a cracking job in bringing this car back to its full glory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back