ATX300 for more than one vehicle.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Redcat's like the Volcano have rebrand Flysky FS-GT2 stuff so the tx's will bind with Flysky receivers which are usually less than 10 bucks the older ones use AFHDS rx's the newer ones use (GT2E rebrand) use AFHDS2A. The Arrma ATX100, Axial AX-3, Tower hobbies TH-124 also use Flysky protocol (AFHDS). These can be bound to different receivers and not have to rebind (not used at the same time) but don't store settings (steering trims etc.).

Redcat's like the Volcano have rebrand Flysky FS-GT2 stuff so the tx's will bind with Flysky receivers which are usually less than 10 bucks the older ones use AFHDS rx's the newer ones use (GT2E rebrand) use AFHDS2A. The Arrma ATX100, Axial AX-3, Tower hobbies TH-124 also use Flysky protocol (AFHDS). These can be bound to different receivers and not have to rebind (not used at the same time) but don't store settings (steering trims etc.).
The issue there is that the only Redcat i own is a volcano (the volcano i have came with the super cheap RCR-2C), and that radio doesn't have that capability. After 2 months of reading nothing but reviews, and talking to people, as well as watching multiple videos, i have pretty much narrowed my next RC purchases to the Losi Tenacity trucks (my hidden secret, i am a huge fan of Losi, after owning several of their vehicles over the years, and, at the moment, i still have 3 Losi Sliders, even though they are extremely difficult to find parts for, and mainly just sit on a shelf), or the Arrma Granite and Senton. Once i do decide on which brand im going with, there wont be much left to even buy a used radio. I already have the Fury, so, im looking to round it out with a 4WD SCT and a 4WD monster truck. I also have an Associated SC10, but i wont use that for bashing, since it is set up for racing, and i don't want to have to make a bunch of changes to that to bash it, then change it back for racing. My other radios are a Force RC, a Racers Edge, an Exceed (for my wifes drift car), and the stock ones i have for the Arrma trucks (2 sentons and 2 Granites) that i let my nephews beat on when they are here, and none of those have that capability.

The RCR-2C (8AA) is a rebrand Flysky FS-GT2, the stock Racers edge rx is a rebrand Flysky. My PRO 2 (bought used) came with only the receiver and bound to my Flysky FS-GT2 transmitter. Your RCR-2C could bind to it also. I have bound FS-GT2's to two different receivers without having to re-bind they of course will operate both rc's if turned on at the same time and can't store trim settings. You can pick up a FS-GR3E (less than $10) receiver and use it with one of your current radios is all I am getting at. I have the same transmitter as you, mine has a folding antennae then there is the same one with a shorter fixed antennae (both are the same besides the antennae).

The RCR-2C (8AA) is a rebrand Flysky FS-GT2, the stock Racers edge rx is a rebrand Flysky. My PRO 2 (bought used) came with only the receiver and bound to my Flysky FS-GT2 transmitter. Your RCR-2C could bind to it also. I have bound FS-GT2's to two different receivers without having to re-bind they of course will operate both rc's if turned on at the same time and can't store trim settings. You can pick up a FS-GR3E (less than $10) receiver and use it with one of your current radios is all I am getting at. I have the same transmitter as you, mine has a folding antennae then there is the same one with a shorter fixed antennae (both are the same besides the antennae).
I hope it didnt sound like i was in any way trying to argue. That wasnt my intent at all. Its just that i have heard so many different things about the radios i have, such as, because my RCR-2C is a 4AA, and not an 8AA model, it isnt capable of binding to more than one at a time, and, the Racers Edge is barely capable of working with one, let alone more than one car, that i have actually pretty much decided i wasnt going to bother, but, i figured i would ask on here, just to see what responses i got, as a last ditch effort sort of thing. The biggest reason i even got into this whole thing, TBTH, is because i have never bound a radio to one car, let alone two, but, a lot of the guys around here run 4 and 5 cars on one radio, so, i figured if one of my radios would actually do it, i would use them as a learning tool, before the new trucks get here. If i go with the Losi Tenacity SCT, that comes with a Spektrum DX2E Active, that, according to Losi, Spektrum, and Horizon, can be bound to up to 4 cars, but, since ive never even done one, i figured using mine would be good practice, so that i don't somehow really screw up the Spektrum and cause it to not even work with the original truck it came with. If either of those radios i have will work with either receiver i have, then, couldnt i just bind the RCR to both the Racers edge, and the Redcat receiver?

I am really not arguing with you just saying that some of the stuff you have is rebranded Flysky and Flysky receivers are cheap. Your Redcat transmitter is probably a rebrand Flysky GT2E if it's the 4AA one.

shn3lDI.jpg

I am really not arguing with you just saying that some of the stuff you have is rebranded Flysky and Flysky receivers are cheap. Your Redcat transmitter is probably a rebrand Flysky GT2E if it's the 4AA one.
It looks like the one on the left, that says FS-GT2E. My wife's drift car has a blue one that looks pretty much like the RCR-2C in that pic, but, hers only takes 4AA's too.

It looks like the one on the left, that says FS-GT2E. My wife's drift car has a blue one that looks pretty much like the RCR-2C in that pic, but, hers only takes 4AA's too.

That's rebrand Flysky then for one like in the middle pic a FS-GRE or FS-GRF rx will bind to it. The FS-GT2E (look alike) could be a different story mine anyways can swap between two radio protocols AFHDS and AFHDS2A (it's in Flysky's GT2E manual) with AFHDS being able to bind with your current receivers in your wife's drift car and the PRO 2.

Flysky has two different radios that will work with your current receivers (at least two) and of course come with receivers of their own (both have multi model memory for settings).

Flysky FS-GT2B https://www.ebay.com/itm/Flysky-FS-...sh=item3400185a7c:g:CGMAAOSwM5tcSBJp:rk:16??0
Flysky FS-GT3C https://www.ebay.com/itm/FS-GT3C-Fl...ash=item33ff312a9f:g:ZOUAAOSwFlJcPGzy:rk:3??0
Flysky FS-GR3E https://www.ebay.com/sch/nyplatform...cat=0&_sop=15&_nkw=fs-gr3e&rt=nc&LH_PrefLoc=3

The GT-2E look a like looking at Redcats website even lists the FS-GR3E for Redcat Volcano parts.

That's rebrand Flysky then for one like in the middle pic a FS-GRE or FS-GRF rx will bind to it. The FS-GT2E (look alike) could be a different story mine anyways can swap between two radio protocols AFHDS and AFHDS2A (it's in Flysky's GT2E manual) with AFHDS being able to bind with your current receivers in your wife's drift car and the PRO 2.

Flysky has two different radios that will work with your current receivers (at least two) and of course come with receivers of their own (both have multi model memory for settings).

Flysky FS-GT2B https://www.ebay.com/itm/Flysky-FS-...sh=item3400185a7c:g:CGMAAOSwM5tcSBJp:rk:16??0
Flysky FS-GT3C https://www.ebay.com/itm/FS-GT3C-Fl...ash=item33ff312a9f:g:ZOUAAOSwFlJcPGzy:rk:3??0
Flysky FS-GR3E https://www.ebay.com/sch/nyplatform...cat=0&_sop=15&_nkw=fs-gr3e&rt=nc&LH_PrefLoc=3

The GT-2E look a like looking at Redcats website even lists the FS-GR3E for Redcat Volcano parts.
I found a FlySky FS-GT3C for a pretty good price, but, then i found out none of their receivers have built in gyro's, which i will need for at least one car, so im back to chasing down a setup that will work, without spending $150 on a Futaba. Too bad my older FM Futaba's wouldnt work for what im trying to do, since i have 4 of them. With the GT-3C, and 4 receivers, and 2 FlySky gyro's, Im at way more than i had planned for this. I did find a Radiolink that has a built in gyro, but, having a hard time tracking down matching receivers for it. Most places are out of stock, because its an older set up.

I found a FlySky FS-GT3C for a pretty good price, but, then i found out none of their receivers have built in gyro's, which i will need for at least one car, so im back to chasing down a setup that will work, without spending $150 on a Futaba. Too bad my older FM Futaba's wouldnt work for what im trying to do, since i have 4 of them. With the GT-3C, and 4 receivers, and 2 FlySky gyro's, Im at way more than i had planned for this. I did find a Radiolink that has a built in gyro, but, having a hard time tracking down matching receivers for it. Most places are out of stock, because its an older set up.

Must have missed it where you said you wanted gyro's. I just mentioned everything I said to work with what you already have.

I have a RC3S, RC4G (older RC4GS) and use this rx with gyro R4EH-G https://www.ebay.com/itm/Radio-Link...FirstClass!36109!US!-1:rk:4??1&frcectupt=true rx without gyro https://www.ebay.com/itm/RadioLink-...wcCtaiH2d??USPSFirstClass!36109!US!-1:rk:8??0

hiQu8LN.jpg

Must have missed it where you said you wanted gyro's. I just mentioned everything I said to work with what you already have.

I have a RC3S, RC4G (older RC4GS) and use this rx with gyro R4EH-G https://www.ebay.com/itm/Radio-Link...FirstClass!36109!US!-1:rk:4??1&frcectupt=true rx without gyro https://www.ebay.com/itm/RadioLink-...wcCtaiH2d??USPSFirstClass!36109!US!-1:rk:8??0
I just made another post about what i am looking at. I do need a gyro to help with the drift car, and, one of the 6 ch receivers has it built in, but, im not sure that receiver will work with the 3B or 3C radio.

If you have space for it you could also use seperate gyros. Hobbyking has a cheap one, i'm happy with the HPI dBox2.

If you have space for it you could also use seperate gyros. Hobbyking has a cheap one, i'm happy with the HPI dBox2.
I found this one on HK: TrackStar D-Spec Drift Gyro V2 I can have two shipped for the price of that same one on Amazon.

I have heard mixed reviews on this gyro the GYC300 but it's cheap enough to try https://www.ebay.com/itm/GYC300-Min...sh=item2cdfdb3235:g:1moAAOSwUBtb94Gn:rk:20??0
I tried that one, and it doesn't seem to work that well on anything over maybe a 1/24. I have tried 4 or 5 of those mini/micro ones, and, for her car (Exceed RC Drift King, Brushless), it helped a little, depending on how much steering input there was. I am also thinking of putting one on an insanely fast buggy i built and toy with once in awhile, since that has a tendency to turn on its own, but im not sure anything will help it. Its a cheapo i got on Amazon for, i think $80, and i put a BL GoolRC combo in it, and, im not sure if the turning is a result of a light front end, or the speed. My nephew got a Redcat Piranha today, and, me being me, im already thinking of getting one, since they are cheap, just to see how fast i can make it before it either destroys itself, or i kill it by catching it on fire, but, i already noticed that his, on 2S, has a tendency to lift the front a bit, so, it might be a futile gesture, but, hey, ill try anything rc related once. I am also going to add a bit of weight to the front, and, i am still toying with the idea of turning the Fury into a mild drift truck, or, at least, set it up to drift on pavement when im bored.

I found out that neither my Redcat or Exceed transmitters will bind with the Racers Edge, and the RE transmitter wont bind with either the Redcat or the Exceed, and, since the new cars i have coming are from Losi, Arrma, and Redcat, im just going to keep the radios with the cars they came with, since the Fazon Voltage and Pirahna both have 2 in 1 or 3 in 1 ESC receiver combos. Makes for a pain carrying multiple radios, but, it seems easier than trying to make one radio work with the cars i have, since, the ones the new radio will work with, the Fury and Senton and the Losi, the only i do use on a regular basis is the Fury. The Senton and Losi are just to goof off around home, and the Fazon and Piranha are more for me to experiment with, and see how many times i can break them. And here i thought i could be done carrying a bulky radio case LOL.

I found out that neither my Redcat or Exceed transmitters will bind with the Racers Edge, and the RE transmitter wont bind with either the Redcat or the Exceed, and, since the new cars i have coming are from Losi, Arrma, and Redcat, im just going to keep the radios with the cars they came with, since the Fazon Voltage and Pirahna both have 2 in 1 or 3 in 1 ESC receiver combos. Makes for a pain carrying multiple radios, but, it seems easier than trying to make one radio work with the cars i have, since, the ones the new radio will work with, the Fury and Senton and the Losi, the only i do use on a regular basis is the Fury. The Senton and Losi are just to goof off around home, and the Fazon and Piranha are more for me to experiment with, and see how many times i can break them. And here i thought i could be done carrying a bulky radio case LOL.

The Exceed maybe different but I know the the rx's that look like the FS-GR3E are Flysky compatible. I used the Racers Edge rx with one of my Flysky Transmitters as when I got my PRO 2 it did not come with a tx. Flysky receivers are cheap and as I started collecting rollers used rollers from 1/18 to 1/10 I needed to have some electronics for some of them, to stay cheap I went Flysky and started to find tx's that were compatible with Flysky then bought them cheap on Ebay (less than $15 shipped). I amassed a collection of tx's with the intention of just pick up a transmitter for whatever and go. Also if I wanted to let somebody drive whatever I was using or something else just hand them the transmitter and keep on driving whatever I was using or something else. One radio for 10 rc's is nice if you are the only one using any of them but let somebody else join in now with one a your other rc's now what do you do. In the end I have a few rc's that are mainly used just for loaners so they have separate transmitters and the ones I mainly like to use are bound to a couple of radios. Going with one or two brands though like Flysky (compatible stuff) or Radiolink if I wanted to do a quick bind to another rx I could with another tx and switch back later. The Radiolinks tx's and rx's I bought used for about $50 total the transmitters came with rx's for a total of seven rx's with two of them being the ones with gyro's. I ended up waterproofing the rx's myself and don't need waterproof rx boxes if I don't want to for easier re-binding or plug access.

The Exceed maybe different but I know the the rx's that look like the FS-GR3E are Flysky compatible. I used the Racers Edge rx with one of my Flysky Transmitters as when I got my PRO 2 it did not come with a tx.
The RX in the Volcano says R3E, not GR3E, but, i think that one is still the same, just missing a letter. The one in my Racers Edge though says GL1-X, and, after digging around, i found out it is an FHSS instead of AFHDS, but, i found a cheap FS-GT2B on amazon that i am going to bind to the R3E RX i have, and get 2 more, and put them in the Fury and the Warhawk, and use the Racers Edge setup in the Volcano, since that one gets used rarely, if at all anyway. Now, if only i could bind the GT2B to the Fazon and the Piranha, that would make life extremely simple, but, i doubt it will bind to an Arrma RX, and, if the Pirahna RX is newer specs, it may not work with that one either. Getting specs from Redcat sometimes is like pulling teeth from a mad crocodile though, so, i couldnt find much info on that RX.

For $30 on Ebay the GT-3B is not that bad for the price. The 8aa's kinda suck and make the transmitter heavy and forward weight biased. But there are mods you can do to fix some issues (check Youtube). Mine developed a range issue after a few months and now sits collecting dust.

The Piranha and Fazon I don't have any idea what that radio protocol is. If I had either one of those though the brushed electronics would come out and brushless would go in with either a Flysky or Radiolink rx.

For $30 on Ebay the GT-3B is not that bad for the price. The 8aa's kinda suck and make the transmitter heavy and forward weight biased. But there are mods you can do to fix some issues (check Youtube). Mine developed a range issue after a few months and now sits collecting dust.

The Piranha and Fazon I don't have any idea what that radio protocol is. If I had either one of those though the brushed electronics would come out and brushless would go in with either a Flysky or Radiolink rx.
I found the GT3B locally for $38 with a 90 day warranty. He is ridiculous on his RX prices ($28 for an R3E), so ill just source those somewhere else. As for the Fazon and Piranha, i mainly ordered them for an 8 and a 10 year old, so, i will probably leave them stock, at least until they get bored with them. Then, will more than likely keep them brushed, and drop in a brushed 540, and play with different setups and gearing, just to see what happens. I have a pile of 540 brushed motors laying around, from 5.5 to 25T, from my back and forth love hate relationship with Tamiya cars. The 8AA's weight im used to, since my Racers Edge, and most of my Futaba's are either 6 or 8 batteries, although, i only have two Futaba surface radios (Magnum FP-T2PD AM) . The rest are twin stick that i use for cars.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back